ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix#3 (Build 2420)
for Commercial, Educational and Trial license types
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ArchiCAD 12 (Build 2156). This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ArchiCAD 12 (Build 2156 and above).
Important install notes:
- The Hotfix updates all add-ons shipped by Graphisoft. This includes installed goodie tools.
- Important to ALL TeamWork Users - All teammates should sign out of the project and exit AC before applying the patch. All teammates should then upgrade to the same build number before signing back into the project. Problems could arise if this care is not taken.
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) users - installation troubleshooting: The installer should run normally for the vast majority of users. If the installer cannot complete the update process, then there is likely a problem with the access permissions for the files in your ArchiCAD 12 application folder. Make sure that you are installing from an administrator account and have Read/Write permission to all files installed in the ArchiCAD folder. This includes all third party add-ons and libraries.
- Download the Hotfix by clicking on the file name on the previous page.
- Exit ArchiCAD before you start the installer.
- Make sure that you have administrator rights on your computer.
- Make sure that components of your ArchiCAD installation were not renamed. The Hotfix will not reinstall missing components and will ignore components that are renamed.
- If ArchiCAD was installed while connected to a network, make sure you are connected to the same network. This is especially important for laptops.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installer. To run the installer, Java version 6 has to be installed on your computer. You can install Java version 6 from your original ArchiCAD install CD.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the installation.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix*:
*Compared to ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix#2 - Build 2325. If you are upgrading from a build earlier than 2325, please make sure to read the relevant release notes as well!
- 85343 CRASH: In 3D window on Windows Vista with Intel on-board video cards
- 79669 CRASH: When creating new property set in IFC 2X3 Options dialog (intermittent)
- 85834 CRASH: When closing object settings dialog (intermittent)
- 85865 CRASH: When opening 3D window after background image has changed
- 86272 CRASH: When opening file, caused by ArchiCAD API bug
- 80436 CRASH: When opening file, if drawings were previously deleted from layouts
- 86538 CRASH: When opening section from Navigator (intermittent)
- 86313 CRASH: When splitting wall (intermittent)
- 86220 CRASH: When updating hotlinks in some special hotlink scenarios
- 86669 FREEZE: When hovering the cursor over a spline on floorplan if Trace Reference is on displaying the same spline
- 85522 FREEZE: When opening ArchiCAD 11 or older project with Hotlinks, if file has large text blocks
- 87719 FREEZE: When publishing layouts to DWG format with XREF option if published layout contains drawings with "unavailable" status
- 86821 GDL: "Library part not converted properly" error may occur with custom objects saved with editable GDL script
- 80776 GDL: Request ("Home_Story", ...) returns nothing in settings dialog
- 86259 FILE: "Convert library parts from ACAD blocks" option in DWG translator does not apply to blocks in paperspace when importing such DWG files
- 85034 FILE: .3ds files exported from ArchiCAD can not be opened in 3D Studio Max if texture names are longer than 8 characters
- 85133 FILE: Beams and columns imported through IFC have insufficient hotspots
- 84885 FILE: Binary DXF files can not be opened in ArchiCAD 12
- 85862 FILE: If an Xref is detached and an other one is bound in the Xref Manager in one step, both will be detached as a result.
- 86163 FILE: IFC export can be slow if there are missing library parts in the project
- 86164 FILE: Saving a hotlinked module as module (.mod) file from the Hotlink Manager dialog will corrupt corner windows in the module file
- 86303 FILE: Some loaded library parts may appear missing when file is migrated to ArchiCAD 12, if used libraries are not loaded immediately after opening the file
- 87505 FILE: Stories of XREFs change when ArchiCAD 11 file is migrated to ArchiCAD 12.
- 87609 FILE: Under special circumstances ArchiCAD opens more than one additional ArchiCADs during Drawing update
- 83411 FILE: Under special circumstances copied library parts lose their name reference - if the library part's version is ArchiCAD 7.0 or older, these objects may appear missing
- 86153 EDIT: Find and Select selects all zones even though the filter is set to find zones according to their name
- 76273 EDIT: Hotspot editing of zone stamps is not possible, if "Use Category as Name" option is checked
- 85193 EDIT: Random elements might be selected after undoing a copy/paste operation
- 85424 VIEW: Curtain wall placed in Section will only display in other open Section views after Rebuilding the Window
- 85143 VIEW: Custom binary library parts, in some cases, cause material textures to be mixed up in OpenGL 3D views
- 74611 VIEW: ArchiCAD background color turns green on some Windows machines with ATI video cards.
- 85296 DESIGN: Undoing Curtain Wall scheme editing is slow
- 84023 DOCUMENT: Move node command will disconnect a closed polyline
- 87290 DOCUMENT: "Check status" command in drawing manager does not always update the status of external drawings
- 86557 DOCUMENT: Details and worksheets are deleted from pln file after migrating file to AC 12, if the .pln was created from a module (.mod) file that had no ground floor (0. story)
- 85561 DOCUMENT: Dimensions in different Partial Structure Display modes do not update correctly if dimensioned element is edited
- 86200 DOCUMENT: Hotlinks placed in Detail window: Dimensions associated with hotlinked elements re-appear when the hotlink is updated
- 85242 DOCUMENT: Images in library part objects may display incorrectly on layouts
- 84886 DOCUMENT: It is possible to hide the ArchiCAD layer through API calls
- 86864 DOCUMENT: Modified drawing title reverts to original title after file save/open
- 82939 DOCUMENT: Polyline with arrow head on both sides show double arrowhead on one side
- 65685 DOCUMENT: Symbol type labels report "Pen number is less then 1" error when used with default settings
- 82878 DOCUMENT: Text in custom dimension text is trimmed so that letters with descenders (e.g.: g,y,j,p) are truncated
- 86516 TEAMWORK: After publishing, drawing content and master layout items may disappear from the layout under special circumstances
- 86499 TEAMWORK: Dimensions disapear from detail at send and recieve if workspace of detail is owned by other teammate
- 87019 TEAMWORK: Under certain circumstances Details and Worksheet markers placed on Sections or Elevations may lose the connection to the viewpoint
- 85945 WINDOW: Masterlayout items are not displayed after navigating between layouts with the previous/next arrow buttons
Download this Hotfix
Note: This is a cumulative Hotfix that can be applied to ArchiCAD 12 build 2156 or higher.