ArchiCAD 13 Hotfix -Build 3600
Table of Contents
- BIM Server installation recommendations and list of related changes
- Installation recommendations
- Migration tool (new menu item)
- BIM Server Directory Hierarchy Changes
- BIM Service Names Change
- Server Name
- About the installer
- Important Note for Teamwork users
- Note for Artlantis-3 users on Mac
- Installation steps
- List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix
- Download this Hotfix
- Download previous Hotfixes
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This hotfix is required for an ArchiCAD 13 BIM Server to coexist on the same machine as a multi modular ArchiCAD 14 BIM Server. If you have a BIM Server carefully read the installation recommendations in the following section.
This Hotfix also includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ArchiCAD 13 (Build 3000) and BIM Server.
This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ArchiCAD 13 and BIM Server (Build 3000 and above). It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
If you are hotfixing a BIM Server, we highly recommend creating a complete backup of the current setup due to the underlying complexities of this particular hotfix to the BIM Server. In this hotfix the folder hierarchy will be changed and this could be interrupted by external programs like virus checkers or indexers and could irrevocably ruin an operating teamwork setup. For this reason it would be prudent to create a copy of the setup and if the Project and Library folder (named: Attachments) are located in non-default places, a copy of those too.
- Stop Server
- Copy Graphisoft/Bim Server and all folders beneath this to a safe place
- Copy the Projects folder to a safe place – unless it was already copied in step 2
- Copy the Attachments folder (libraries) to a save place – unless it was already copied in step 2
- Restart Server
- Start Hotfix
As part of a two step process ArchiCAD 13 teamwork projects can be migrated to ArchiCAD 14. With the application of this Hotfix the Teamwork > Project > Prepare for Migration menu item will display. It will become active when the client connects with an ArchiCAD 14 multi modular BIM Server.
This hotfix will rearrange the directory tree of the ArchiCAD 13 BIM Server starting from Graphisoft/BIM Server. This could affect any backup scripts that are dependent on a given file hierarchy. For instance, if the default BIM Server Project Database folder and library folder (Attachments) settings were taken when ArchiCAD 13 was first installed, those folders will be found in a new location. The new locations will be:
Please check that your local backup scheme is not confused by the directory changes that will be made.
If the default project database folder and library (attachments) location settings were not taken during the installation of ArchiCAD 13 then the location you specified will be preserved during the application of this Hotfix.
Here is how the new BIM Server hierarchy will look:
After applying this hotfix you need to change service names you might have used in backup scripts:
TeamworkServerManager with TeamworkServerManager-v13.0
TeamworkMessagingServer with TeamworkMessagingServer-v13.0
TeamworkServerMonitorService with TeamworkServerMonitorService-v13.0
The server name is defined in the preferences panel of the Bim Server. If the computer's name is used as the server name then the Custom name will instead of being blank become filled in with the computer's name.
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 13 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application for remote-controlling a BIM Server from a computer where BIM Server is not installed. This application can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 13 DVD.)
If ArchiCAD 13 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 13 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
For offices working in Teamwork, the hotfix process should be centrally managed by the CAD manager or other designated manager, to ensure that all components are updated in sync and that no Teamwork user is left with a program version having a different version number.
If you are upgrading from build 3000/3013, and you have manually installed the Artlantis 3 Add-On, then please remove it before installing this Hotfix - as this Hotfix will install the newest version of the Add-On.The file you need to remove is: 'Artlantis Render Studio 3 Out.apx in /Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 13/Add-Ons/Import-Export folder, which is redundant.'
If you are upgrading from Hotfix#2 (3235) or Hotfix#4 (3259), then you do not have to do this.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ArchiCAD 13 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server; they cannot send and receive changes, until the BIM Server starts up again and the clients are once again online. If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
*Compared to ArchiCAD 13 Hotfix#4 - Build 3259. If you are upgrading from a build earlier than 3259, please make sure to read the relevant release notes as well!
- 106345 CODEMETER: CodeMeter soft license borrowing is not working on Windows 7
- 110374 CRASH: ArchiCAD crashes if setting a new image as background in Internal Rendering Settings and if the background is used in the 3D window
- 106432 CRASH: copy-pasting certain texts from external word document causes crash
- 99413 CRASH: when a fifth copy of ArchiCAD is opened
- 98778 CRASH: when deleting a storey in some situations
- 101661 CRASH: when deleting a storey in special circumstances
- 102048 CRASH: when deleting layout book items in special situations
- 103525 CRASH: when editing schedules' column widths in special circumstances
- 105433 CRASH: when labels containing windows' parameters are used in section or elevation
- 99959 CRASH: when opening DWG files with long font names
- 100414 CRASH: with particular custom fonts (Mac)
- 108122 DESIGN: Rotated Area Texts of fills loose rotation in some circumstances after saving and reopening file
- 100764 DESIGN: hotlink modules jump stories when their storey is deleted
- 108493 DESIGN: If on a 3D zone cut by a roof and the roof itself Mirror a Copy is used, the new zone will not be cut by the new roof
- 105743 DESIGN: on the Profile Manager Palette sometimes the layer visibility is wrongly displayed
- 106301 DESIGN: Opening is deleted with the original home story of the owner wall
- 105037 DESIGN: Opening the Profile Editor window changes layers' visibility
- 104892 DESIGN: polygonal walls do not intersect correctly
- 101180 DESIGN: roof trims are lost in mirrored hotlinks
- 103334 DOCUMENT: automatic dimensions placed to the centre of openings are static
- 102663 DOCUMENT: composite slab geometry is displayed incorrectly if a side angle is set and the Partial Structure Display is changed
- 105107 DOCUMENT: custom text in Project Indexes is not migrated from AC 12
- 102336 DOCUMENT: dimensions are temporarily lost when a hotlinked file's cut plane is set to a different height
- 101956 DOCUMENT: dimensions of less than 1" are not displayed if "fractions in small type" is used (Mac)
- 103493 DOCUMENT: elements are not displayed in section if the section line is broken and passes through a hole in the element
- 111200 DOCUMENT: Elements on particular layer are not visible on the layout or on print
- 102350 DOCUMENT: gradient fills' origins are moved in drawings rotated on layouts
- 101761 DOCUMENT: incorrect polyline input if the view is rotated by 90 or 270 degrees
- 103856 DOCUMENT: labels move when migrating from AC 12 to 13
- 106391 DOCUMENT: On layouts drawings originating from worksheets can show wrong display order of elements
- 99471 DOCUMENT: roofs behind limit lines are visible in Interior elevations
- 106469 DOCUMENT: Some gradient fill looks bad when plotted from layout
- 103995 DOCUMENT: text only objects are not displayed in the schedule
- 102968 DOCUMENT: the display of roofs with skylights is incorrect if the Partial Structure Display is changed
- 102310 DOCUMENT: trace references are offset in some situations
- 105926 DOCUMENT: When the model view options is set to override cut fill (no fill), the exported PDF contains a represented fill (not the original)
- 100919 DOCUMENT: Xref layers are not deleted after binding and detaching, in some situations
- 104559 EDIT: elevating multiple elements with the option to set home storey places all elements onto the same storey
- 100142 FILE/DWF: the file sizes of exported DWF are too large in some situations
- 106576 FILE/DWG: XREFs lose their rotated orientation when exported to DWG
- 106868 FILE/DXF: Opening DXF file is very slow
- 102990 FILE/GDL: wall intersections are incorrect when saved as editable GDL objects
- 108561 FILE/IFC: A complex profile containing a window will cause other windows to be positioned incorrectly after saving to IFC and reopening in ArchiCAD
- 108592 FILE/IFC: Complex Profiled wall's components are separated to more pieces after exported them to IFC
- 108593 FILE/IFC: Missing window after saving a complex profiled wall to IFC
- 108591 FILE/IFC: Saving a complex profile walls to IFC the wall looses roof trimming
- 106147 FILE: "Error while loading plan file! Module: Favorites" error message when loading ArchiCAD12 favorites to ArchiCAD 13
- 108681 FILE: ArchiCAD cannot be started by user who does not have read rights for his/her user home folder or for the entire system drive
- 109147 FILE: ArchiCAD cannot save file if it contains reference to an XREF file that physically is not available beside the ArchiCAD file
- 102224 FILE: data missing in PDFs saved from very large layout books in some cases
- 104449 FILE: dimensions in orientated views saved to DWG and reimported to AC lose their rotation
- 106020 FILE: Elevation in main file does not update when hotlinked module is updated...
- 107571 FILE: Hotlinks cannot be placed on details/worksheets in projects where there is no story 0. (Story 1. in the USA version)
- 103116 FILE: linked PMKs are found only when the user name matches
- 102543 FILE: modules opened in a second session of AC will not default to the last libraries set
- 100371 FILE: nested hotlinks have wrong storey content if placed in single storey mode with a vertical offset
- 107444 FILE: Redundant drawing library check data. Memory usage and file size grows at each save with particular files
- 107053 FILE: Some element are cropped unnecessary when layout with rotated view drawing is saved to DWG
- 99870 FILE: text background is black in layouts after opening certain DWG files
- 107106 FREEZE: indexing service on autosave local folders on Windows 7 can cause slowness
- 108688 GDL: Saving binary object from 3D containing one particular object will show "Internal error in binary statement" error message after viewing it in 3D
- 103385 GRID TOOL: Pressing OK after opening Grid Elements Setting dialog of grid element custom settings are lost
- 107430 INSTALLER: After running ArchiCAD hotfix the folder of the third party add-ons changes
- 88905 ROOFMAKER: elements' complete lengths cannot be listed
- 97981 STAIRMAKER: changes are not saved in some situations
- 103710 TEAMWORK/CRASH: when adding/removing a library, releasing the reservation and then cancelling
- 99085 TEAMWORK/CRASH: when creating a Support Package while the selection rectangle is active
- 101584 TEAMWORK/CRASH: when sending/receiving changes in some special circumstances
- 105751 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: In teamwork project dimension texts can go misplaced.
- 105680 TEAMWORK/FILE: Autosave is not recovered after the connection to the server is lost
- 108129 TEAMWORK: "Database Commit Failed" error can come when sending in changes after reserving and changing content of auto-updating drawings
- 104377 TEAMWORK: "Server returns error code" error message in some special situations
- 108654 TEAMWORK: "Synchronize client created objects failed" error message at opening project after adding different new elements to embedded library by different team members
- 102743 TEAMWORK: a camera can be added to a path without being reserved
- 93798 TEAMWORK: a user is sometimes able to delete the final layout
- 107700 TEAMWORK: Associative Labels are not reserved when object associated to them are reserved
- 101324 TEAMWORK: auto rebuild sections are not updated after changes are received
- 102155 TEAMWORK: Bim Server Control Center is slow to start if multiple IP addresses are found
- 102586 TEAMWORK: Cannot share on Window 7 32-bit
- 111018 TEAMWORK: Creating a new section, placing a 2D object on it then deleting the section can cause receive error in certain circumstances
- 104459 TEAMWORK: doors are lost after changing the anchor setting in some situations
- 110603 TEAMWORK: Drawing checking prevents publish even there are no unsent changes in the source project
- 101073 TEAMWORK: duplicated embedded library objects cannot be sent to the server
- 100832 TEAMWORK: error message after reserving, drag and drop, and then releasing embedded library objects
- 106833 TEAMWORK: If server name is given with different casing (by using the Add More Servers popup) then libraries will not be available from the local cache if working offline
- 100733 TEAMWORK: It is possible to delete unreserved elements through the 'Edit Elements by Story' dialog
- 100735 TEAMWORK: label text is misplaced in some situations
- 102403 TEAMWORK: Movie Player does not start (Mac)
- 101280 TEAMWORK: network locations can be selected for the Project and Library folders
- 98409 TEAMWORK: some library parts are incompatible between 32-bit and 64-bit systems under certain circumstances, after sharing
- 99589 TEAMWORK: the master of a reserved layout cannot be changed with drag and drop
- 91255 TEAMWORK: users can save public views without sufficient rights
- 106103 VIEW: hotlink update runs extra transforms/rotate for labels in a rotated view
- 106999 VIEW: In Polish version boundary curtain wall cannot be seen on floor plan after placing it
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 104148 CINEMA4D: rounded objects send to C4D lose their smoothness
- 111347 ECODESIGNER: Average U-value calculation is wrong
- 100659 ECODESIGNER: dialog box is displayed badly with custom screen DPI setting
- 101643 ECODESIGNER: incorrect energy consumption values if the unit is set to square cm or square inches
- 101987 ECODESIGNER: incorrect roof thicknesses are calculated
- 100133 ECODESIGNER: Project North of ArchiCAD and EcoDesigner can differ in case of using TW2