ArchiCAD 14 Hotfix (Build 3477)
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix includes fixes to:
- Dimension related problems on layouts and in drawings
- Numerous IFC related issues,
- Several important Teamwork anomalies
- Issues arising with the upgrade of Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 (see: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/CannotSavePdfAfterJavaUpdate).
This Release applies to all Commercial, Educational and Trial license types.
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 14 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 14 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 14 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 14 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ArchiCAD 14 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server. They will be able to re-connect to the server when the Hotfix is successfully installed on both the server and the client side.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 111491,110299, 109515 DESIGN: On Interior Elevation Ceiling Line is missing at top when slab is on story above
- 115842 DOCUMENT/CRASH: Particular file crashes when updating drawing
- 115988 DOCUMENT: Associative dimensions are not up-to-date in the "auto-updated" drawings
- 116538 DOCUMENT: Dimension with custom text reverts to "measured value" automatically
- 110582 DOCUMENT: Layers temporarily hidden on layout, but not hidden in settings.
- 115019 DOCUMENT: Picture shrinks when plotted
- 112565 DOCUMENT: Rotating a worksheet that contains a PDF with more than 90 degrees makes the PDF disappear
- 112382 DOCUMENT: Memory optimization for working with large numbers of layouts and drawings
- 115792 DOCUMENT: The format of the zone stamp does not follow the Extra Accuracy settings set at the 'Project Preferences/Calculation Units and Rules/Length Unit' but it erroneously follows the settings at 'Project Preferences/Dimensions/Linear Dimensions'
- 114844 EDIT: 3D Connexion Space Navigator only works with the latest instance of ArchiCAD started on the same computer
- 111761 EDIT: After using 'Offset' command, parts are missing from the wall which get fixed after zooming
- 116181 EDIT: Choose Story dialog does not display floor numbers lower than -99
- 114419 EDIT: Copying a line takes long due to large embedded library
- 115972 EDIT: Freeze when using copy/paste caused by too many level dimensions in the project
- 112774 EDIT: Grid line dimensions of Grid Tool move in an auto update elevation after leaving and reentering its window
- 98681 EDIT/CRASH: Randomly while copy/pasting, if MEP Modeler Add-On is loaded 114073 FILE: Embed function doesn't work correctly if multiple libraries are selected
- 115429 FILE: Embedded library elements get lost if ArchiCAD's temp folder is cleared while ArchiCAD is running
- 112279 FILE/DGN/CRASH: Crash when opening a particular .dgn file
- 109132 FILE/DOCUMENT: Project Preview image is not saved with the project
- 115133 FILE/DWF: At export to DWF texts with various colors go wrong and national characters loose their accents
- 114842 FILE/DWF: Drawing shrinks when published/saved to DWF
- 115404 FILE/DWF: DWF file created from particular file causes "DWF Format Error" when opened in the Reviewer
- 112793 FILE/DWG: At DWG export if 'Saving Floor plan' is set to 'Explode complex ArchiCAD elements' windows and doors get exploded to separate lines
- 115553, 115857 FILE/DWG: Crash when opening XREF Manager in particular file
- 113085 FILE/DWG: If an opening is missing from a project that is saved as DWG, then other openings or even the wall might become missing in the resulting DWG file
- 114797 FILE/DWG: No DWG is saved if drawing is placed in view
- 115468 FILE/DWG: Publishing a DWG from particular file causes crash
- 114832 FILE/DWG: When a particular dwg file is imported orientation of some arcs changes
- 114306 FILE/DWG: Zonestamps go wrong after inporting particular DWG file to ArchiCAD
- 116994 FILE/IFC: While exporting IFC from 3D window ArchiCAD saves the non visible grid elements too
- 116860 FILE/IFC: When Partial Struture Display is set to "Load-Bearing Core only" slabs are exported as BREP elements
- 116316 FILE/IFC: When using Detect IFC model changes "IFC Imported Old" and "IFC Imported New" layers will be turned ON in all layer combinations and views
- 114378 FILE/IFC: After exporting IFC file and merging it into the same project creates new stories
- 113663 FILE/IFC: After importing IFC file extruded objects will be missing from the library
- 114307 FILE/IFC: After importing particular file beam object gets mirrored
- 114670 FILE/IFC: After importing particular file from Revit Structure some columns are missing
- 114726 FILE/IFC: After importing particular file from Revit Structure, roofs' height is incorect and some of them looses their thickness too
- 114333 FILE/IFC: After importing particular IFC file beams get imported to wrong height position
- 114141 FILE/IFC: After importing particular IFC file columns with solid geometry have 0 heigth
- 113968 FILE/IFC: After importing particular IFC file geometry of elements are corrupt 113011 FILE/IFC: Column with rotated profile doesn't export correctly
- 114851, 114567, 114570 FILE/IFC: Crash at Opening/Merging particular IFC file
- 115722 FILE/IFC: 'Custom property set' definition cannot be edited after creation
- 112364 FILE/IFC: Detect IFC model changes brings in wrong patterns.
- 115385 FILE/IFC: Export IFC XML crashes in localized ArchiCAD
- 109915 FILE/IFC: IFC: Crash at saving particular file with the IFC General Translator
- 116317 FILE/IFC: IFC: Custom Property Set Configuration works incorrectly
- 115347 FILE/IFC: IFCXML files cannot be saved
- 112873 FILE/IFC: Incorrect export in IFCZIP format.
- 110132 FILE/IFC: MEP elements can only be imported as BREP geometry
- 112805 FILE/IFC: MEP fittings are missing in the exported IFC file
- 112874 FILE/IFC: Mesh is not exported in 'Export Visible Elements only' mode
- 115846 FILE/IFC: Parameters of zones are not exported Using Extended Object Properties option in the Export Options
- 113276 FILE/IFC: Slabs classified as Roof will be exported as a BREP geometry isntead of Extruded geometry.
- 114383 FILE/IFC: The size of the file created with the GS Add-In is much larger then Revit MEP's IFC
- 111851 FILE/IFC: With particular IFC files Merge IFC takes too long.
- 116581 FILE/PROTECTION/CRASH: After Java update 3 for Mac OSX has been installed Saving XLS file from Interactive Scheduler, Publishing files to Internet, borrowing licenses from CodeMeter protection key causes crash and crash report cannot be sent to Graphisoft
- 114813 MODEL: ArchiCAD freezes with particular library elements when calculating texture coordinates in OpenGL 3D
- 113520 MODEL: If in the surveyors data to be imported values before the z value are fractions and the z values are integer then the imported z values become wrong
- 107561 MODEL: In 3D OpenGL glass material transmits light despite the Transparency Off setting
- 114835 MODEL: On some MAC OS configuration black lines appear in 3D OpenGL
- 105312 MODEL: Window is jumping when stretching it in 3D if the wall's bottom is at a height different to 0, the window is set to "Sill to Story 0" or „Header to Story 0” and the Pet Palette Movement is set to "Jump to preferred position"
- 115621 TEAMWORK: "Communicating with Server" dialog interrupts Send and Receive processes too many times
- 107635 TEAMWORK: After using Curtain Wall components from the modular BIM Server 14 and then the CW is edited by another team member than the CW either gets invisible or uneditable
- 113871 TEAMWORK: Crash caused by Interactive Element Schedules in Teamwork project
- 115730 TEAMWORK: BIM Server can freeze due to a deadlock in particular circumstances
- 116304 TEAMWORK: Connection is insecure when IP address resolution is not available from .hosts file or DNS server
- 114513 TEAMWORK: Fill area value doesn't update after Send and Receive 115970 TEAMWORK: If a user deletes a Markup entry with Comment not made by him/her, then he/she cannot Send changes to the server
- 113531 TEAMWORK: In ServerRestoreTool.log file resulting from the Restore process of the Backup tool the "can't be restored" and "restored" notifications are used reversely.
- 115271 TEAMWORK: Memory and hard disk space usage optimization
- 108443 TEAMWORK: Layer combinations not updating correctly in teamwork
- 115982 TEAMWORK: Library elemenents are missing if they were added to the BIM Server with IP address
- 111901 TEAMWORK: Serious error occures at Send and Receive with project containing nested hotlinks after a series of steps containing Breaking hotlink, Save, Updating hotlink and Undo
- 115320 TEAMWORK: Unusable autosave file after crash with TW project in particular circumstances
- 114710 TEAMWORK: Update is impossible with a hotlink circular reference that includes an earlier placed but removed hotlink
- 114052 TEAMWORK/CRASH: BIM Server Manager is slow, occasionally freezes or crashes when managing large Teamwork projects
- 116417 TEAMWORK/CRASH: When opening particluar project
- 115127 TEAMWORK/CRASH OR FREEZE: When resizing columns in Interactive Schedule in Teamwork project
- 115862, 116063 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: Dimension is offset in a drawing on a layout.
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 112221 ECODESIGNER: The Owner of the EcoDesigner dialog is not displayed on MAC
- 111692 ECODESIGNER: Changing width of the Infiltration header on the Structures Tab has no effect on the list of elements
- 115742 ECODESIGNER: Exaggerated effect of light settings on energy consumption
- 116902 ECODESIGNER: Low energy buildings are not supported in thermal bridge effect calculation
- 103068 C4D: C4D Add-On cannot read files that contain national characters
- 115397 VBE: executable files do not run without installed MSVC redistributable (vcredist)
- 110843 MEP/CRASH: Crash at placing pipeline
- 110842 MEP/CRASH: Pressing Escape after placing pipeline causes crash.