ArchiCAD 14 Hotfix (Build 3862)
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ArchiCAD 14 (Build 3004). It applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, Virtual Building Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
Note: The same Hotfix applies to all language version of ArchiCAD. However, due to the testing process the Hotfix is not released for all languages at the same time. Use ArchiCAD's "Check for updates..." command in the Help menu to determine if the Hotfix has been released for your language or not. If you have landed on this page from any other source, please wait until ArchiCAD prompts you to update or the Hotfix is available through "Check for updates..."
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 14 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 14 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 14 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 14 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ArchiCAD 14 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server. They will be able to re-connect to the server when the Hotfix is successfully installed on both the server and the client side.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 118578 CODEMETER: ArchiCAD 14 does not run with a borrowed license in case there was previously a borrowed license in AC13
- 116332 CRASH: ArchiCAD crashes when generating a list of zones that are connected to Curtain Walls
- 120035 CRASH: Crash while updating zones
- 117163 CRASH: Generating List of Zones connected to Curtain Walls makes ArchiCAD crash
- 113940 CRASH: With particular files undoing a "Drag a Copy" action crashes ArchiCAD
- 121417 DATALOSS: Grid disappears after applying particular settings to an elevation marker and dragging the grid
- 112838 DOCUMENT: A schedule of elements with similar parameters are represented in two different rows
- 118504 DOCUMENT: In a schedule particular 2D element symbols move outside of cells
- 118131 DOCUMENT: In particular cases windows/doors belonging to zones are not visible in schedules
- 122336 DOCUMENT: Mirrored ellipse cannot be saved as PDF
- 123813 DOCUMENT: Slanted beam displayed with outlines only gets a different linetype on layout
- 118763 DOCUMENT: Strange lines appear in a schedule if listed object contains lines with start and end point of same coordinates
- 122446 DOCUMENT: With particular file on elevation, hatching of a wall changes according to the postion of Marked Distant Area control line
- 123479 EDIT: Above a snap point, values entered into tracker may give imprecise element coordinates
- 117166 EDIT: After changing W Shape parameter of a window, it sets back to the previous value after reopening the Window Selection Settings dialog
- 114328 EDIT: Ctrl+Click or Command+Click does not create hotspot at the intersection of lines
- 123421 EDIT: Curtain Wall in group is editable
- 122580 EDIT: ID of layout is added to the name of layout if in the Sheet Index one selects different Master Layout for that layout
- 113960 EDIT: If "Show on Stories - Custom Settings" is accessed from the "Floor Plan and Section" button of the Info Box then it does not accept mouse input
- 117007 EDIT: Line breaking in GDL editor fails if the text contains a ' ' character
- 114394 EDIT: Newly created toolbar cannot be made visible from the Window/Toolbars menu after reopening ArchiCAD
- 116449 EDIT: On Mac while editing a text on a secondary screen the text palette shows up in the wrong place
- 112462 EDIT: On the Edit Elements by Stories" dialog the "To Story field" in some cases is not visible
- 112244 EDIT: When placing a window in 3D the vertical position of the feedback bounding box is wrong
- 120124 EDIT: While editing an existing text, Enter makes the cursor jump back to the start of the very same row
- 120512 EDIT: While editing text, if characters are selected and the cursor moves from the editing field, the newly entered character will be anchored to the wrong position
- 116626 FILE/EXPORT/DWG: Cropped drawing on layout saved to dwg changes to rectangular viewport
- 120246 FILE/IFC: False Predefined Types of Mechanical elements
- 120242 FILE/IFC: Space Containment's option at IFC translator settings doesn't work
- 120948 FILE/IMPORT: Drag and drop SKP or IFC file into the floorplan makes ArchiCAD crash
- 113892 FILE/SAVE: Save on SAN drive sometimes freezes ArchiCAD or I/O error message appears
- 122384 FREEZE: In Windows clicking on the drive icon at the bottom of the floor plan window freezes ArchiCAD
- 116579 FREEZE: Using Drag a Copy on an element on which Solid Element Operation was applied with a particular scenario freezes ArchiCAD
- 116677 MODEL: Column with Custom Profile is not visible in 3D outside of the marquee with the "Show Selection/Marquee in 3D"
- 113734 MODEL: On MAC, 3D Explore does not work with second monitor on
- 98860 TEAMWORK: Curtain Wall "Boundary Editing in Section" commands work on unreserved curtain walls, potentially causing crash
- 121453 TEAMWORK: If hotlink module containing Curtain Wall is placed in a TW project the Curtain Wall is editable in 3D
- 118645 TEAMWORK: In Manage BIM Server Libraries dialog, if Refresh is pressed and the function cannot be accomplished due to any problem then temporarily reserved elements will stay reserved without any warning message
- 123732 TEAMWORK: In rare cases the state display of the BIM Server may be wrong
- 118647 TEAMWORK: Library Refresh is not completed
- 116893 TEAMWORK: On Windows Vista and Win7 the default project folder path cannot be changed in some cases
- 116842 TEAMWORK: Reserve All function does not reserve elements placed on sections at once
- 114831 TEAMWORK: The Project Log in BIM Server Manager sometimes fails to register events
- 121494 TEAMWORK/CRASH: If a Layer Combination has been changed and sent to the server, other clients may crash if they receive the changes while they have the same Layer Combination active. Related article: www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/CrashDuringReceive
- 116566 TEAMWORK/CRASH: In the Server Activities section of the BIM Server Manager double clicking on particular projects causes crash
- 115815 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Ordering users by their on-line status makes ArchiCAD crash
- 112191 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Using free rotate on a newly placed Curtain Wall and doing a Send and Receive makes ArchiCAD crash
- 123423 TEAMWORK/FREEZE: Updating hotlinks on one client makes BIM server not accept TW operations from other clients
- 118746 TEAMWORK/FREEZE: managing Projects in BIM Server Manager is slow, occasionally freezes
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 116805 ECODESIGNER: Opening a file created in an ArchiCAD of different localization will make it crash when clicking on the Evaluate button
- 118686 ECODESIGNER: R-value displayed on the "R-value Calculator" dialog is wrong
- 113031 VBE: Save Dialog in Standalone VBE application opens behind the VBE interface on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Download this Hotfix
- Windows 32-bit (all languages)
- Windows 64-bit (all languages)
- Mac (all languages except GRE language version)
- Mac (Only for GRE language version)