ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix 5 (Build 4056)
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix fixes important Teamwork and IFC related problems, provides solution for crashes and documentation issues. It also improves display quality on Mac computers with HiDPI display. The hotfix applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, BIM Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
About the installer:
On Windows platform this installer needs Java 1.6. If this is not present on your Windows you can download and install it from here: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Install/Java .
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 15 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 15 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 15 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 15 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- If the BIM Server is running on a computer that has Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 as its operating system we strongly recommend to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the patch.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
Deployed Installation of the Hotfix
For details on deployed installation go here.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 148558 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash on startup if DisplayOptionPreferences.xml contained incorrect parameter.
- 127423 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when changing the output format of a publisher set.
- 138142 CRASH: Crash could occur when opening certain plans that contain IFC Groups coming via hotlinks.
- 113909 CRASH: Third party Add-ons could make ArchiCAD crash
- 131644 CRASH: With particular projects ArchiCAD could crash on saving or publishing PDF'S http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/PdfExportCrashOnMac
- 143903 DATA LOSS: Data of Roof elements could go Invalid with particular file
- 145594 DOCUMENT: Elements were visible on Interior Elevation outside of its horizontal range.
- 146691 DOCUMENT: In schedules the door and window sill/header values are always listed relative to wall base, and not the selected anchor point.
- 148122 DOCUMENT: In schedules the door and window sill/header values are always listed relative to wall base, and not the selected anchor point.
- 147597 DOCUMENT: Incorrect display of dotted lines if 2D antialiasing is turned off.
- 145593 DOCUMENT: Interior Elevation Marker rotates when limit line is extended
- 146463 DOCUMENT: Listing doors by opening direction in the Element ID Manager listed the same doors separately.
- 146209 DOCUMENT: Under special circumstances Grid System can be lost from project after manipulating Section settings
- 139821 EDIT: At junctions of adjacent polygonal walls unneccessary cut line appeared despite "PolyWall Corners Can Change" checkbox being checked in.
- 131542 EDIT: Choosing Select Object by Favorite Objects in the Additional Parameters chooser of the Element Schedule Scheme could make ArchiCAD crash.
- 134179 EDIT: Cut fill and cover fill was not available from the object and stair setting window
- 144255 EDIT: Layer visibility could change after zooming or panning
- 144794 EDIT: On MAC OS X 10.8 dotted lines were not visible http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMountainLion#Known_issues
- 143094 EDIT: On MAC OS X some icons were wrong when HiDPI display was used
- 143091 EDIT: On MAC OS X some popup windows could come up in wrong position when HiDPI display was used
- 107293 EDIT: On windows 7 tooltips on pallettes were missing if DPI of the OS was set above 100%
- 127508 EDIT: Polyline could not be exploded into individual segments
- 127184 EDIT: Structural function, Position and Element Classification were not stored in Favorites
- 148207 EDIT: Zone data could grow causing performance problems.
- 141345 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: In DWG file expored with the "Paper space with full view's content" the model content could be offset
- 137612 FILE/EXPORT: In particular circumstances 3DS export function of ArhiCAD could create files that were not readable by 3D Studio MAX.
- 142574 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Exporting IFC file from project containing Walls of complex profile with Wall End element made ArchiCAD crash
- 134247 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: With particular project IFC-Columns could be placed in incorrect position during IFC export
- 144496 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: With particular project the exported value for IfcBuildingLocalplacement was wrong
- 133396 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: As a new feature, ArchiCAD converts as much IfcDistributionElements as possible to native ArchiCAD MEP elements.
- 143024 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Curtain Wall and its sub-elements were imported with the wrong hierarchy in the IFC tree
- 145507 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Hotlinked IFC elements with custom profiles could be misplaced in the host file.
- 144170 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: IfcEnergyConversionDevice-type IFC model elements were missing after IFC import.
- 143028 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Importing particular file created objects with missing geometry
- 140095 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Importing particular IFC file into ArchiCAD could cause beams being placed or cut erroneously
- 140800 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Manual story-matching at Detect IFC Model Changes gave different position between the compared two model versions.
- 142962 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Particular elements originating from Tekla Stuctures could be misplaced during import
- 140798 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Walls being extruded from top to bottom were misplaced at IFC import
- 143027 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: When importing particular IFC file a lot of elements went missing
- 145507 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Hotlinked IFC elements with custom profiles could be misplaced in the host file because of attribute name collision. We have created a registry option to embed these profiles in the elements as special Custom profile instead of editable profile attribute. For this registry (PC) or Preferences (Mac) option to be set please do take the following steps:
- Start ArchiCAD. Go to the File / File Special / IFC 2x3 / IFC Translation Setup menu item. Press the Save Settings and Close button. As a result in the registry (PC) or Preferences (Mac) a folder called IFC will be created under the main folder of the ArchiCAD 15 or 16 version.
- One has to go to the the Registry Editor on Windows or open the Preferences on MAC as advised here:http://www.archicadwiki.com/RegistryOrPreferences.
- Users have to create a key called ImportUnnamedProfilesAsCustom under the IFC folder.
- On Windows the key should be a DWORD type and its value has to be set to 1, on Mac it should be a Boolean type and its value has to be TRUE.
- Save the Preferences file on Mac, close the Registry Editor on Windows.
Note: Users can later capture and duplicate these custom profiles using the "Capture element's profile..." option in the Profile Manager.
- 127606 FILE/SAVE: Saving back to previous ArchiCAD version with a name containing accentuated letters could cause that embedded objects became missing.
- 134076 MODEL: Beams without connecting reference lines did not cut each-other affecting also listed quantities
- 126767 MODEL: 3D window didn't show the backround image with Internal Engine
- 142260 MODEL: Calculation of 3D zones bordered by multystory walls could be different depending on the story where the Update Zones command was used
- 143764 MODEL: Hotlink Module could move to a different story after breaking a copy of the original one and resaving it.
- 143130 MODEL: In particular circumstances in the Navigator Project Map some floors show up multiple times, or with wrong floor number (while in the Story Settings dialog everything is OK)
- 144267 MODEL: Particular Composite structure got invalid skins after appending it through attribute manager
- 130684 PUBLISH: When printing from floor plan (instead of layout) the fills were printed as if their Construction Method would have been changed from "Relative to Fill Origin" to "Relative to Project Origin"
- 130348 PUBLISH: With particular projects Interior Elevation names in Project Map could stop reading the zone data
- 132643 SPEED: ArchiCAD could become unresponsive after 3D navigation with projects containing particular GDL objects
- 143629 SPEED: Generating elevation was slow if walls had many hotspots.
- 128993 SPEED: With projects containing large Curtain Walls after selecting elements by the Rectangle geometry method hotspots appeared after a long time
- 142197 TEAMWORK/DATALOSS: Custom text could disappear from Project Index sheet after closing the plan and joining again
- 146072 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: Dimension texts were missing until zooming in from independent sections after sharing the project.
- 147902 TEAMWORK/EDIT: Warning message will appear when editing a slab without reserving the level dimensions that were placed with gravity onto that slab. http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/Troubleshooting/LevelDimensionsMove
- 144203 TEAMWORK/LIBRARY: If a library had been uploaded to a BIM Server from a mapped network drive in a previous version of ArchiCAD then it could not be refreshed in the current one.
- 142394 TEAMWORK: Custom model view options under certain circumstances incorrectly handled reservation information.
- 143521 TEAMWORK: Files where IFC groups in mod file caused "Server returns error code" error were not corrected on open.
- 142399 TEAMWORK: Restore from Autosave file could not be possible in particular circumstances
- 140868 TEAMWORK: With particular workflow creation, reservation, and request/grant functions used on layers could cause "Server returns error" warning
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft components:
- 141235 BIMx: Shading of double curved ruled surfaces was wrong