for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix fixes a large number of ArchiCAD 16 bugs. Additionally it will make ArchiCAD 16 CodeMeter license borrowing work with CodeMeter keys upgraded to AchiCAD 17.
The hotfix applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, BIM Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
About the installer:
The Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 16 (including MEP Modeler, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 16 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 16 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 16 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- If the BIM Server is running on a computer that has Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 as its operating system we strongly recommend to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the patch.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker and turn off all of your network connections (both via cable and wifi) for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
Deployed Installation of the Hotfix
For details on deployed installation go here.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix
- 157126 API: could no longer reserve another element as part of a reservation event/edit action
- 146731 CODEMETER: License borrowing was disabled due to a problem caused by first time borrowing in a new version of ArchiCAD.
- 144226 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash after a "Do_VBEExport, !InitCore" error message because of the roaming profile handling of BIMx.
- 153498 CRASH: ArchiCAD crashed when the project contained specific Solid Element Operations.
- 138230 CRASH: Crash could happen in the 3D window on Macs with Intel HD 3000 video card if OpenGL engine was used.
- 129194 CRASH: Crash could happen while checking drawing setting of an elevation that would not place.
- 131486 CRASH: Editing window schedule fields could cause crash in ArchiCAD.
- 150008 CRASH: Invalid Shell element could result in crash during the start of ArchiCAD.
- 149673, 132235 CRASH: Updating schedule drawing on layout could cause crash in ArchiCAD.
- 144113 DATA LOSS: In certain cases invalid elements that were reported as “successfully fixed” by ArchiCAD were not.
- 152676 DOCUMENT: Content of a 3D Document that was saved from Marquee selection could be lost after re-opening the plan.
- 151748 DOCUMENT: Dimensions in drawings could extend beyond their actual placement.
- 149167 DOCUMENT: In Document Options dialog the Fit to Screen option could produce wrong scale with Rotated Orientation.
- 132324 DOCUMENT: In drawing manager "Not read yet" status could appear after drawings had been relinked.
- 152602 DOCUMENT: In GER Version part of the zone geometry with lower than 0.01 m2, area doesn't appear in the Flaechenbereichnung list.
- 152078 DOCUMENT: Incorrect Label default setting: GLOB_ELEM_TYPE parameter value was 1 instead of 0 in ArchiCAD 16.
- 130450 DOCUMENT: Marquee area could not be printed correctly on MAC from rotated view.
- 143282 DOCUMENT: Print Marquee Area printed wrong area if used with rotated views.
- 130423 DOCUMENT: Saving a region defined by Marquee to PDF was wrong if rotated orientation was used.
- 152169 DOCUMENT: Story elevation markers could show wrong information until manually refreshed.
- 151975 DOCUMENT: Story Level Markers could revert to subtype default if the section/elevation was rebuilt while the marker object was missing.
- 152441 DOCUMENT: Updating with IFC Model could cause that the Interior Elevations to lose their content.
- 126395 DOCUMENT: Wrong scale value could appear near the Fit to page check box.
- 159140 DOCUMENT: Zone Category is visible in 2D but cannot be listed in Schedule.
- 132234 DOCUMENT: Zone relations of doors were not scheduled properly in case of walls with custom profile.
- 129776 DOCUMENT: Zoom settings were not stored for views within a cloned folder.
- 153744 DOCUMENT/CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when updating the layouts.
- 142119 EDIT: After converting Mesh to Morph texture alignment went wrong and couldn't be aligned again .
- 156144 EDIT: Changing Pen Set on a Layout only took effect after Rebuild and Regenerate
- 146004 EDIT: Cumulative Distance on Section was extended with the current story height.
- 140851 EDIT: Cutting a hole into a mesh could mix up the heights of the remaining mesh points.
- 129396 EDIT: Dimension placement in direction of slanted guideline was not possible.
- 146192 EDIT: Drawing Tool could not be panned or dragged with marquee on Floor plan.
- 129431 EDIT: Entering a value into the tracker with the Offset Edge command on a Roof resulted in a much smaller offset.
- 152502 EDIT: Entering the size of Roof Accessories objects and AUS Essential Libraries in the Object Selection Settings dialog produced unpredictable element sizes.
- 125418 EDIT: Feedback when stretching a Zone vertically in the 3D window could be incorrect in some cases.
- 150537 EDIT: Find and Replace did not work in GDL editing windows.
- 144521 EDIT: In ArchiCAD 16 vertical Grid tool's large area of the vertical grid lines were not displayed.
- 152306 EDIT: In AUS version beams uncut line became solid after copy-paste.
- 128472 EDIT: In Section/Elevation Offset command for extruded shells was moving the contour lines in wrong direction.
- 121664 EDIT: On Layouts in Drawings originating from Worksheets the scale of fill could change after moving one node of the frame polygon.
- 132464 EDIT: On Elevation if the Uncut Element were set to Non Shaded the shadow fill was overwritten with the Renovation Status of the Element where the shadow was projected.
- 126417 EDIT: Renovation override of columns were lost when stretching or elevating them to stick into the story above their home story.
- 137722 EDIT: Switching between the Active view and the Trace reference view could cause a third View to be displayed as Trace reference.
- 129198 EDIT: Visual feedback was gone after using the horizontal scroll feature of Logitech mice.
- 144522 EDIT: When Bulge command was used on Morph elements the segmentation of the feedback was different from the result if the plan was far from origin.
- 144734 EDIT: When right clicking on a surface of an element to bring up the context menu the selection could switch to that element.
- 144320 EDIT: when Rotated View is used on floor plan any image we place with Figure Tool with any anchor point except lower left will be incorrectly positioned.
- 128825 EDIT: With multiple elements selected Show On Renovation Filter status could incorrectly be changed for some elements.
- 140947 EDIT/CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when moving a drawing from one layout to another in some cases.
- 151955 EDIT/CRASH: ArchiCAD crashed when a placed elevation line had a 0 length part.
- 149287 EDIT/HOTLINK: Some changes in morph geometry were not transferred in to the host file.
- 150954 ENERGY EVALUATION: Fill of CW panels and frames could get mixed up in the Energy Model Review Structures dialog.
- 155759 FILE/3DS/EXPORT: Elements could be exported with incorrect coordinates.
- 148592 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Cannot write output file error message appears if layout name contains ";" character.
- 152754 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Dimension texts moved to custom location did not keep their position when the plan was saved as DWG.
- 149025 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Exporting DWG from SWE version with a particular translator resulted in wrong line type scale in AutoCAD.
- 150729 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: DWG exported from ArchiCAD incorrectly displayed dimension lines in AutoCAD.
- 152299 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Objects using File operations were incorrectly exported to DWG.
- 158312 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Template file was not taken into account.
- 149939 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Using a DWG file as a template during the export could result in "Cannot write output file" error message.
- 146951 FILE/DWG/IMPORT/CRASH: Opening particular DWG files could cause crash.
- 143503 FILE/DWG/IMPORT: DWG file merged as a file or opened as an object in JPN version had wrong parameters.
- 150317, 153277 FILE/DWG/IMPORT: Fills could be missing because of incorrect conversion when importing DWG file.
- 148850 FILE/EPX/EXPORT: The saved Piranesi file was faulty.
- 154198 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: ArchiCAD exported wrong default value for Project North
- 151526, 152341 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Coordinates will be exported with up to 12 digits resulting in more accurate building placement in case of models far from the origin.
- 136777 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Direction of door opening symbols could be wrong in Solibri after exporting from ArchiCAD NED version.
- 149290 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Even though Frame Cut Fills and Panel Cut Fills values were set in the CW Settigs dialog, IFC Materials were not exported to IFC for the IfcMember and IfcPlate elements.
- 158040 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: IFC export failed if the project contained profile walls missing the profile attribute.
- 159072 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Space containment data were not exported into IFC.
- 155147 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Texts with national characters were exported incorrectly into .ifcxml files
- 141546 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Zones on hidden layers could be exported if Space Containment translator option was enabled.
- 151273 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Zones trimmed to Roof/Shell were exported with incorrect geometry.
- 159199 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: IFC import of IFC Container elements were not correctly registered which in some cases could lead to TW errors.
- 154305 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Certain imported IFC models with BREP geometry did not show up in ArchiCAD
- 154242 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Openings disappeared after opening a particular IFC file exported from Nemetschek Allplan.
- 147343 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Particular IFC files were opened in ArchiCAD with missing openings.
- 149819 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Warning message will be displayed when imported elements are hidden on the current Renovation Filter.
- 152998 FILE/IFC/SAVE/CRASH: Importing IFC file containing Wall with revolved geometry but without an axis crashed ArchiCAD.
- 149797 FILE/IFC: Editing IFC Conversion XML caused apparent freeze if typical IFC library was linked to the project.
- 153775 FILE/IFC: Site Geometry became misplaced if there was a site offset different from 0 set.
- 137658 FILE/OPEN/CRASH: ArchiCAD crashed at opening a particular file because of a special polygonal wall in the plan.
- 146239 FILE/OPEN: Certain files opened slower in ArchiCAD 16 than in ArchiCAD 15.
- 138506 FILE/PDF/EXPORT: After saving a PDF from a specific file the existing wall part was merged with the demolished wall part causing their fills to become similar.
- 150513 FILE/SAVE: ArchiCAD might have crashed if certain projects were saved back to older file format.
- 149900 FILE/SAVE: On MAC OS 10.8 ArchiCAD could not save a file into a folder that was open in a Finder window.
- 150924 GDL: GDL requests didn't always work using APIAny_ChangeAParameter.
- 153687 GDL: REQUEST ("Name_of_plan", "", name_of_plan) failed to be listed in schedule.
- 150425 HOTLINK: Particular files could give internal error if they contained hotlinks.
- 152523 EDIT/HOTLINK/CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when relocating all Hotlink module files at once.
- 148561 IFC: Editing a particular IFC Conversion XML could cause crash.
- 151481 IFC: 'Highlighted'-type (new version element) Zones were not colored in Mark-Up tool after using Detect IFC Model Changes.
- 152851 INSTALL: Java 6 is now present in the hotfix installer and will install automatically if necessary prior to patching ArchiCAD on Windows platforms.
- 152853 MODEL: Anti-aliasing has been disabled for NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Graphics cards on Mac to prevent unexpected termination of ArchiCAD.
- 143130 MODEL: In particular circumstances in the Navigator Project Map some floors show up multiple times, or with wrong floor number (while in the Story Settings dialog everything is OK).
- 153298 MODEL: Label update on walls didn't call the parameter script, thus did not always update wall parameter info.
- 152850 MODEL: Model could disappear in 3D after changing to parallel view.
- 153260 MODEL: Zone's contour line could disappear if the General Material was used as the Zone's cover fill.
- 158973 receiving changes could result in a Receive Error with certain projects that had hotlinked modules
- 152765 SPEED: Attribute Manager stopped collecting the attributes when ArchiCAD was in background.
- 152371 SPEED: Element selection, panning, zooming were slow if objects used text File operations.
- 148954 SPEED: Migrated Work Environment could cause freeze in ArchiCAD.
- 148634 SPEED: Multiple selections in 3D window could be slow in projects containing many polygons.
- 157623 TEAMWORK, HOTLINK: Stop button has been removed from the progress windows of the Send, Receive and Teamwork Hotlink Update processes to guarantee consistent state of Projects.
- 152593 TEAMWORK/CRASH: BIM Server could crash if more than 7 users start library action in the same library at the same time.
- 139979 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Crash could happen after pressing OK to a warning message saying that hotlink is missing or server went offline.
- 152937 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Crash could occur when receiving changes from the BIM Server because of inconsistency between server and local data.
- 149187 TEAMWORK/CRASH: If two users import the same schedule .xml at the same time ArchiCAD could crash.
- 152880 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Saving Teamwork project as PLN in some cases could result in damaged plan that crashes at open.
- 154426 TEAMWORK/DATA LOSS: A possible occurrence of hotlink/xref cache synchronization was eliminated.
- 149911 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: Modification of publisher set path was not sent to the server even though the user reserved the settings.
- 151943 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: Read from function of Drawing Manager was misleading in case of Teamwork. It will be disabled.
- 153722 TEAMWORK/EDIT: Changing finish/core settings was possible without reserving the Composite Structures dialog resulting in teamwork users not sharing the same structures.
- 150125 TEAMWORK/EDIT: Wallhole saved from Slab then used in a Hotlink module could result in Server Returns Error Code error in the host project.
- 143819 TEAMWORK/HOTLINK: Teamworked hotlinks with SEOs that were broken could result in Server Returns Error Code problems.
- 158183 TEAMWORK/SPEED: Large teamwork library performance has been improved.
- 155084 TEAMWORK/SPEED: Refreshing or removing LCF library could result in ArchiCAD becoming Not Responding.
- 153160 TEAMWORK/SPEED: Switching between GSM editing windows (eg. Master and 2D script) could be slow if the library part was located in a BIM Server library.
- 155282 TEAMWORK: "Server Returns Error Code; Failed to update object: ..." message could come up after reserving some elements, cancelling operation, trying to reserve elements again
- 157448 TEAMWORK: Certain teamwork anomalous receive data can now be automatically cleaned preventing need of re-sharing or lost work
- 146497 TEAMWORK: High priority messages disappeared from the screen in a short time.
- 153379 TEAMWORK: Inconsistency between local and server database could be created by moving Publisher Sets between My Sets and Public Sets. Sending was not possible afterwards.
- 157209-157293 TEAMWORK: Messaging Server could stop randomly
- 157434 TEAMWORK: Teamworked hotlinks with dimensions that were broken could result in Server Returns Error Code problems.
- 107651 USER INTERFACE: 3rd instance of ArchiCAD could not be started from the File/Open/Launch a new instance of ArchiCAD command in some circumstances.
149490 VIEW: Renovation filter setting of the 3D window was not stored in the plan.
|Download||Language||Win 32-bit||Win 64-bit||Mac OSX||Last modified|
|ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 4 (Build 3827)||INT, USA, AUS, NZE, BRA, CHI, CZE, DEN, FIN, GRE, ITA, KOR, NED, NOR, POL, POR, RUS, SPA, SWE, TAI, TUR||260 MB||281 MB||205 MB||July 1, 2013|