Deployed installation of hotfix packages
Starting with Hotfix 4 Preview of ArchiCAD 15 deployed installation is also possible. On Windows platforms you need to use the MSI package available for each published hotfix. You can download the needed MSI package from bottom of this page. On Mac platforms you can use the regular hotfix package and deploy it via Apple Remote Desktop.
Deploying hotfixes onto Windows computers by using MSI packages
Follow these steps to remotely install hotfix on all of the computers of a network with a separate domain. You can distribute the new .msi installer package to all of the ArchiCAD's in your network by a Group Policy on the server machine.
- From the bottom of this page download and copy the .msi installer to a shared folder on the server (all of the user machines must have reading-writing permission to that folder)
- On the server, the administrator has to add a new Group Policy Object to the domain by using the Group Policy Management application
- Edit the Group Policy Object: set a 'software installation' and choose the .msi file
- It's very important that, the application's properties must be set to: 'Install this application at Logon' and 'Ignore language when deploying this package'
- Set user interface options to 'Basic'
- 32 bit and 64 bit version of the installer are available. If you have both 32 bit and 64 bit machines, separate Group Policy Objects have to be created for both of them. When installing the 32 bit version, in the dialogue, 'Apply 32 bit version for 64 bit machines' checkbox must be off. For 64 bit version, this checkbox must be on.
- If you have different language versions, the installer can find a specific language version if you create a text file next to the installer. The name must be 'searchlanguage.txt' and must contain the name of the language, GER for example if you want to find German version ArchiCADs. You may have to create several Group Policy Objects: one for each language version with its own text file. Please note that if you don´t do this, only one language will be updated.
With this process, all machines in the network will be hotfixed at Log on, silently.(In some cases log on/log off may be not enough, the machines have to be restarted). The users will only sense that desktop icons, taskbar appears a little bit later.
You can check whether the hotfix has been installed on the user machines, or on the server, checking the 'autoupdate.log' file next to the .msi installer (just like next to the normal .exe hotfix).
Deploying hotfixes onto Mac's via Apple Remote Desktop
On Mac, there is no separate installer package for remote install. We suggest to use Apple Remote Desktop application. In this application you can send Unix commands to user machines. This way the hotfix installer can be run on user machines remotely from a server.
Please, follow these steps:
- In Terminal run the command: sudo /usr/libexec/plistBuddy –c “Add :Java:Properties:user.language string en” “folder_path_of_hotfix_installer/ACversion-buildnumber-HOTFIXindex-MAC.app/Contents/Info.plist”
- Copy hotfix installer to a shared folder called for example “achotfix”. All of the users on the client machines must have read-write permissions to that folder
- ArchiCAD must not run on the user machines
- Open Apple Remote Desktop
- Open the list of the machines in the network (machines must be running), choose those, that have to be updated
- Open UNIX command dialogue
- Run/choose a user who has admin rights for all of the machines
- Place the following lines into the “Send Unix command” window:
Download MSI package for ArchiCAD 16
- ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 3 (Build 3487)
- ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 2 (Build 3270) for all languages except for RUS version
The ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 2 (3270) installer files for the Russian language version are available through the links below. These files contain a fix, which makes the new "Limit navigation to gallery views" feature of BIMx Desktop Viewer available in the Russian language version as well.
- ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 2 (Build 3270) only for RUS language version
Download MSI package for previous versions