ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix#1 (Build 2285)
for Commercial, Educational and Trial license types
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ArchiCAD 12 (Build 2156). This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ArchiCAD 12 (Build 2156 and above).
Important install notes:
- The Hotfix updates all add-ons shipped by Graphisoft. This includes installed goodie tools.
- Important to ALL TeamWork Users - All teammates should sign out of the project and exit AC before applying the patch. All teammates should then upgrade to the same build number before signing back into the project. Problems could arise if this care is not taken.
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) users - installation troubleshooting: The installer should run normally for the vast majority of users. If the installer cannot complete the update process, then there is likely a problem with the access permissions for the files in your ArchiCAD 12 application folder. Make sure that you are installing from an administrator account and have Read/Write permission to all files installed in the ArchiCAD folder. This includes all third party add-ons and libraries.
- Download the Hotfix by clicking on the file name on the previous page.
- Exit ArchiCAD before you start the installer.
- Make sure that you have administrator rights on your computer.
- Make sure that components of your ArchiCAD installation were not renamed. The Hotfix will not reinstall missing components and will ignore components that are renamed.
- If ArchiCAD was installed while connected to a network, make sure you are connected to the same network. This is especially important for laptops.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installer. To run the installer, Java version 6 has to be installed on your computer. You can install Java version 6 from your original ArchiCAD install CD.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the installation.
In certain cases OS X will give the following error when you try to mount a GRAPHISOFT provided dmg downloaded from the Internet:
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
(Compared to ArchiCAD 12 Original Release - Build 2156)
- 83038 FILE: Custom components (e.g. custom door panels) stop working properly if project is saved into PLA format
- 81981 FILE: In special cases AC 12 files saved into AC 11 format on Windows 64-bit machines will not open in ArchiCAD 11
- 82736 FILE: In special cases solid fills appear with a symbol pattern when saving to PDF format (on any platform) or printing (on a Mac)
- 81873 FILE: Save or publish module file with story range from upper floor downwards (e.g. 2 to 0) creates an empty module file
- 80873 FILE: Saving PDF can be very slow if saved drawing contains lots of text (Windows only)
- 82723 FILE/Hotlink: After deleting a story that holds elements originating from a multistory hotlink some hotlink elements appear on incorrect levels
- 82220 FILE/Hotlink: After un-grouping elements in a hotlinked module, the elements are individually editable in the host file
- 82448 FILE/Hotlink: In a file in which the model is far from the global origin point, hotlinked modules might be displaced after updating the hotlinks or re-opening the file
- 82198 FILE/Hotlink: In special cases zone stamps in a hotlinked module are displaced
- 83474 FILE/Hotlink: Under special circumstances dimensions attached to hotlinked elements may get corrupted, if project is migrated from an earlier ArchiCAD version
- 81389 DESIGN: Corner window in walls connecting at a wide angle: redundant scraps of wall may be visible in 3D
- 81496 DESIGN: Curtain wall setting window can be extremely wide if IFC tab page is enabled in Work Environment
- 75476 DESIGN: Pictures in GDL objects' symbol view or if defined with picture2 command in 2D script are not visible on floor plan
- 68584 DESIGN: Side material of beams may change when intersecting with other beams
- 82089 DESIGN: StairMaker does not calculate the layout of steps properly in case of winder stairs
- 70477 DESIGN: Trim To Roof: Using 'Set Wall/Column Base to lowest Point' option with slanted walls cause shifting in wall position
- 82000 DOCUMENT: 'Fill Uncut Surfaces with' parameter can not be changed in existing elevation's settings
- 82832 DOCUMENT: Can not copy Curtain Walls from 3D to 2D views.
- 83205 DOCUMENT: Cutting the 3D model with the marquee tool ignores the light sources - rendering will be dark
- 81711 DOCUMENT: Dimensions attached to a window with negative reveal: dimensions jump out of place when window is moved or stretched
- 66221 DOCUMENT: Drawing with manually resized frame may disappear if its content is far from the global origin point
- 80391 DOCUMENT: Fit frame to drawing for door schedules is not accurate, leaves empty space after the list
- 82454 DOCUMENT: If an elevation's status is set to 'drawing', it can not be reset to automatic or manual rebuild anymore
- 80270 DOCUMENT: Importing a master layout from another file: drawing items on imported master do not show up in master layout view, although they are visible on layouts
- 82474 DOCUMENT: In special cases elements may be missing from the 3D document after editing the source model view
- 76844 DOCUMENT: In special cases some dimensions are lost in section views of files migrated from ArchiCAD 9
- 81882 DOCUMENT: In special cases when windows are connected by their edges or corners, the containing wall may disappear
- 82613 DOCUMENT: It is not possible to change the display order of an element group
- 81652 DOCUMENT: Rotating Interior Elevation marker leaves the marker positioned at a random angle
- 82697 DOCUMENT: Turning 3D Document shadows and contours on/off cases strange shadow artifacts
- 81755 DOCUMENT: Under special circumstances some shadow polygons are missing in 3D internal engine shadow casting
- 81777 DOCUMENT: Wall end's contour line is the wrong color if the cut fill of the wall is a single-skin composite
- 83643 DOCUMENT: Cover fill of slab sometimes masks out other building elements in layout view, while display order is correct in model view
- 81709 DOCUMENT: In 3D Document sometimes the cut fill of composite walls is missing
- 83782 DOCUMENT: Under special circumstances columns adjacent to walls are not visible on layout, while the model view is correct
- 82442 DOCUMENT: Undoing a "place linked marker" to an existing detail may delete the original detail as well
- 83844 DOCUMENT: It is not possible to import a 3D Document from an external file as a drawing
- 83131 OPTIONS: Exploding an external drawing may overwrite attributes of the host file
- 83697 OPTIONS: "Purge unused layers" in Attribute Manager deletes layers that are only used in 3D Document views
- 77910 TEAMWORK: Project Index Custom Text reverts back to original after Send & Receive
- 83495 VIEW: If there is a large Curtain Wall in the project, element selection can be slow on floors where the Curtain Wall is not visible
- 80619 VIEW: Image fill's alignment changes when zooming in or out (Mac only)
- 82074 VIEW: Navigating (panning) wth keyboard shortcuts does not refresh the screen instantly
- 80825 VIEW: On some ATI graphics cards editing (e.g. selecting elements) in 3D may be very slow if screen resolution is set high
- 83639 VIEW: Navigationg in 3D axonometry with SpaceNavigator: rotating around a model in full 360 degrees is not possible
- 83564 VIEW: Navigation in 3D window can be slow if a background image is applied in the 3D window
- 80596 CRASH: When adding new node to existing dimension chain in section view, if some of the dimensioned elements are locked
- 81941 CRASH: When choosing an elevation as a trace reference (intermittent)
- 82411 CRASH: When navigating in a view in which there is a large PDF drawing placed (intermittent)
- 82211 CRASH: When navigating in a view that has not fully opened yet ArchiCAD may freeze
- 80591 CRASH: When saving a fly-through movie, if navigator preview palette is open
- 80847 CRASH: When saving XML file from Attribute Manager
- 82609 CRASH: When splitting a circle that has arc length dimension attached to it
- 80193 CRASH: When undoing a Curtain wall grid editing, if accessory is attached to the curtain wall frame
- 81662 CRASH: When using Spell checker (intermittent)
- 84067 CRASH: In TeamWork, during Send&Receive, after deleting embedded or internal drawing from floor plan
Download this Hotfix:
Note: This is a cumulative Hotfix that can be applied to ArchiCAD 12 build 2156 or higher.