ARCHICAD 12 Hotfix#2 (Build 2325)
for Commercial, Educational and Trial license types
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ARCHICAD 12 (Build 2156). This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ARCHICAD 12 (Build 2156 and above).
Important install notes:
- The Hotfix updates all add-ons shipped by Graphisoft. This includes installed goodie tools.
- Important to ALL TeamWork Users - All teammates should sign out of the project and exit AC before applying the patch. All teammates should then upgrade to the same build number before signing back into the project. Problems could arise if this care is not taken.
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) users - installation troubleshooting: The installer should run normally for the vast majority of users. If the installer cannot complete the update process, then there is likely a problem with the access permissions for the files in your ARCHICAD 12 application folder. Make sure that you are installing from an administrator account and have Read/Write permission to all files installed in the ARCHICAD folder. This includes all third party add-ons and libraries.
- Download the Hotfix by clicking on the file name on the previous page.
- Exit ARCHICAD before you start the installer.
- Make sure that you have administrator rights on your computer.
- Make sure that components of your ARCHICAD installation were not renamed. The Hotfix will not reinstall missing components and will ignore components that are renamed.
- If ARCHICAD was installed while connected to a network, make sure you are connected to the same network. This is especially important for laptops.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installer. To run the installer, Java version 6 has to be installed on your computer. You can install Java version 6 from your original ARCHICAD install CD.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the installation.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix*:
*Compared to ARCHICAD 12 Hotfix#1 - Build 2285. If you are upgrading from a build earlier than 2285, please make sure to read the relevant release notes as well!
- 84859 CRASH - During autosave, if an antivirus application is locking the autosave file (Mac only)
- 83366 CRASH: When canceling the pasting dialog while importing an external layout
- 81505 CRASH: When editing Curtain Wall parameters in settings dialog, if IFC tab is enabled
- 82758 CRASH: When exiting ARCHICAD, if file contains markers that are detached from their viewpoint
- 79865, 84272, 85294 CRASH: When opening file
- 84508 CRASH: When placing schedule on layout
- 62583 CRASH: When printing, caused by certain font types
- 85662 CRASH: When quitting ARCHICAD by closing the floorplan window with the 'close window' button, if there are outdated Hotlinks in the file (Mac only)
- 83957 CRASH: When sending/receiving changes to TeamWork file, if another user modified the attribute set in the central file
- 81098 CRASH: When starting ARCHICAD, caused by the IFC add-on
- 82482 CRASH: When updating drawings, in some files migrated from ARCHICAD 11
- 76925 FILE: 'connection to server failed' warning appears during copy/paste action, if file refers to unavailable volumes in Hotlink or drawing manager
- 85248 FILE: Custom components are not properly saved with project archive (PLA) files
- 85211 FILE: One year educational license does not work if the Username contains accented letters
- 84230 FILE: Output to Piranesi does not export Sun location
- 82441 FILE: Re-linking an external drawing from a network location to another may fail
- 82904 FILE: Saving project archive (PLA) may not include all library parts in some special cases
- 83941 FILE/Hotlink: Dimensions attached to elements belonging to a skipped nested module still appear in the host file after migrating AC 10 or older projects into AC 12
- 85466 FILE/Hotlink: Elevating a copy of a hotlinked module in 3D causes duplication of elements
- 84423 FILE/Hotlink: Hotlink update fails if stories are deleted from the source file
(Note: after the fix, if a referenced story is deleted from the source file, the Hotlink manager will show the hotlink name with a (missing) extension after its name. Also note that deleting any but the top story in the source file forces other stories to be renumbered; as a result hotlink references will also shift. E.g. if story 4 becomes story 3 in the source file, then the hotlink that previously showed the 'old' story 3 will now show the 'new' story 3.)
- 84183 FILE/Hotlink: Order of Hotlinks in Hotlink Manager is random (After the fix they are listed alphabetically)
- 83592 FILE/Hotlink: Radial and arc length dimension texts in hotlinks do not keep their position when migrated into AC 12
- 83828 FILE/Hotlink: Unused layers from the hotlink are also imported into the host file.
(Note: After this fix the old, ARCHICAD 11 logic is restored, however, it is still possible to import all layers (and layer combinations) by setting the registry/preference key 'HotlinkLayerCombinationEnabled'. See details on Help Center)
- 85471 FILE/Hotlink: Updating hotlink may cause freeze, if there is a circular reference between the host and the linked file
- 82662 FILE/IFC: Modifying parameters of certain IFC objects displaces the object
- 82950 EDIT: Copy/paste can be slow if file contains unavailable external drawing links or hotlinks
- 84129 EDIT: Copy/pasting 3D view to floorplan - shadow polygons are displaced if project is far from the global origin point
- 83423 EDIT: Info box does not show the properties of the selected item, if Trace Reference is on and Special Snap Options is set to 'Between Intersection points'
- 80713 EDIT: Nudging doors and windows has a long delay
- 84943 VIEW: Pan/Zoom on floor plan is slow if a Curtain wall is present in the project, and Special Snap Options is set to 'between Intersection points'
- 84889 VIEW: Single story (thin) marquee filters out model elements that have a different home story than the current story
- 83984 DESIGN: Editing Curtain wall scheme - preview is sometimes wrong, showing pyramids of different sizes
- 82959 DESIGN: Grid Element Tool - 'Grid line dimension' checkbox in infobox does not work
- 84729 DESIGN: Grid Element Tool is inactive in Interior Elevations
- 79811 DESIGN: Grid System - 3D text is not properly oriented in perspective views
- 77689 DESIGN: Mitering of curved and straight slanted walls is wrong in both 2D and 3D
- 82847 DESIGN: Non-tangential junction of profiled walls may be incorrect in 3D
- 84050 DESIGN: Rotating a curtain wall's frame may give incorrect result - the preview and the result of the operation is different
- 83426 DESIGN: Trimming a wall to a stair with Solid Element Operations does not work
- 84616 DESIGN: Wall mitering on floor plan may be wrong if wall originates from an exploded Hotlink group
- 82935 DOCUMENT: Autotext <#Layout Name> does not update when drawing is copied to a different layout
- 84831 DOCUMENT: Door/Window outlines in polygon walls might not show in layout view
- 85345 DOCUMENT: Drawing's pen set is empty (all pens are inactive), if the drawing contains too many elements
- 85462 DOCUMENT: If an ARCHICAD 11 or earlier file contains elements that originate from an exploded Hotlink, dimensions attached to such elements in sections or elevations will be missing when file is migrated to ARCHICAD 12
- 80270 DOCUMENT: Importing a master layout from another file: drawing items on imported master do not show up in master layout view, although they are visible on layouts
- 80945 DOCUMENT: Impossible to create a new layout subset in Navigator when the root layout book is selected
- 84507 DOCUMENT: Level dimensions are not associative to project zero - they do not update if story height is modified
- 84987 DOCUMENT: Modifying a label attached to a building element does not stick - previous label appears after file save/open
- 80711 DOCUMENT: Some autotext entries are duplicated after editing text
- 85101 DOCUMENT: The Floor plan cut plane does not cut tilted beams at the proper height
- 85098 DOCUMENT: Under special circumstances, labels are missing from drawings that are present in the drawing's source view
- 85470 DOCUMENT: When opening an ARCHICAD 11 project in ARCHICAD 12, external drawings' pen set will be reset to the drawing's own pen set
- 84075 OPTIONS: Changing the default zone stamp of a zone category does not stick - After file save/open stamps are missing
- 84215 TEAMWORK: If one teammate edits panels of a Curtain Wall; labels associated with building elements; or markers, other teammates will not see the change
- 81996 WINDOW: Check markers palette - 'approve' checkbox incorrectly shows status