ARCHICAD 13 Hotfix -Build 3259
for BIM Server and ARCHICAD
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ARCHICAD 13 (Build 3000) and BIM Server. This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ARCHICAD 13 and BIM Server (Build 3000 and above). It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ARCHICAD 13 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application for remote-controlling a BIM Server from a computer where BIM Server is not installed. This application can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 13 DVD.)
If ARCHICAD 13 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ARCHICAD 13 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
For offices working in Teamwork, the hotfix process should be centrally managed by the CAD manager or other designated manager, to ensure that all components are updated in sync and that no Teamwork user is left with a program version having a different version number.
Note for Artlantis-3 users on Mac:
If you are upgrading from build 3000/3013, and you have manually installed the Artlantis 3 Add-On, then please remove it before installing this Hotfix - as this Hotfix will install the newest version of the Add-On.The file you need to remove is: 'Artlantis Render Studio 3 Out.apx in /Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 13/Add-Ons/Import-Export folder, which is redundant.'
If you are upgrading from Hotfix#2 (3235), then you do not have to do this.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ARCHICAD 13 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server; they cannot send and receive changes, until the BIM Server starts up again and the clients are once again online. If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix*:
*Compared to ARCHICAD 13 Hotfix#2 - Build 3235. If you are upgrading from a build earlier than 3235, please make sure to read the relevant release notes as well!
- 100360 CRASH: when using undo after placing particular doors
- 100780 CRASH: When opening certain ARCHICAD 12 files
- 101300 CRASH: when breaking a hotlink in some circumstances
- 102628 CRASH: caused by the handling of images on OS 10.6 in some situations
- 96728 CRASH/TEAMWORK: when releasing all elements in some situations
- 101825 CRASH/TEAMWORK: when placing and deleting hotlinks in particular circumstances
- 101479 FILE: data is positioned badly in DWG files' model space
- 106426 FILE: Can not open some files in which Solid Operation is used between project elements and Hotlink elements
- 102489 FILE: radial gradient fills exported to PDF have incorrect origins
- 104748 EDIT: dragging multiple elements in section/elevation results in the same home storey for each of these elements
- 101524 EDIT: tracker coordinates are incorrect with rotated orientation
- 102827 TEAMWORK: Slow Send&Recieve changes after updating multiple Hotlinks
- 103129 TEAMWORK: detached projects can be set to "online" in the Teamwork palette
- 103169 TEAMWORK: Slow Send&Recieve changes caused by the mailing system
- 103274 TEAMWORK: long send & receive times in some situations
- 103542 TEAMWORK: "Server returns error code" while sending or receiving in some specific situations
- 103912 TEAMWORK: cannot send & receive after placing an XREF under some circumstances
- 104048 TEAMWORK: hotlinks with SEOs and "skip nested" files are not updated
- 104973 TEAMWORK: "serious error has occurred" error after send & receive under very specific circumstances
- 105180 TEAMWORK: Labels can become "Invalid elements" under certain circumstances, preventing users from joining such a project
- 101085 TEAMWORK: must revert to autosave in some situations
- 85211 EDUCATIONAL VERSION: One year educational license does not work if the Username contains accented letters
- 105242 EDUCATIONAL VERSION: "license renewal" button is inactive on some systems
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 102459 Google Earth: Textures from KMZ files are duplicated
- 90410 Google Earth: KMZ files are imported at the wrong model size
- 101154 CINEMA 4D: ARCHICAD doesn't find textures during import if C4D file was saved with certain options
- 103381 CINEMA 4D: materials with special characters are not grouped