ARCHICAD 13 Hotfix -Build 3826
Table of Contents
- BIM Server installation recommendations and list of related changes
- About the installer
- Important Note for Teamwork users
- Note for Artlantis-3 users on Mac
- Installation steps
- List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix
- Download this Hotfix
- Download previous Hotfixes
for BIM Server and ARCHICAD
This hotfix is required for an ARCHICAD 13 BIM Server to coexist on the same machine as a multi modular ARCHICAD 14 BIM Server. If you have a BIM Server carefully read the installation recommendations in the following section.
This Hotfix also includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ARCHICAD 13 (Build 3000) and BIM Server.
This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ARCHICAD 13 and BIM Server (Build 3000 and above). It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
If you are hotfixing a BIM Server, we highly recommend creating a complete backup of the current setup due to the underlying complexities of this particular hotfix to the BIM Server. In this hotfix the folder hierarchy will be changed and this could be interrupted by external programs like virus checkers or indexers and could irrevocably ruin an operating teamwork setup. For this reason it would be prudent to create a copy of the setup and if the Project and Library folder (named: Attachments) are located in non-default places, a copy of those too.
- Stop Server
- Copy Graphisoft/Bim Server and all folders beneath this to a safe place
- Copy the Projects folder to a safe place – unless it was already copied in step 2
- Copy the Attachments folder (libraries) to a save place – unless it was already copied in step 2
- Restart Server
- Start Hotfix
As part of a two step process ARCHICAD 13 teamwork projects can be migrated to ARCHICAD 14. With the application of this Hotfix the Teamwork > Project > Prepare for Migration menu item will display. It will become active when the client connects with an ARCHICAD 14 multi modular BIM Server.
If hotfix build 3600 hasn’t been previously applied to the ARCHICAD BIM server 13 then this hotfix will rearrange the directory tree of the BIM Server starting from Graphisoft/BIM Server. This could affect any backup scripts that are dependent on a given file hierarchy. For instance, if the default BIM Server Project Database folder and library folder (Attachments) settings were taken when ARCHICAD 13 was first installed, those folders will be found in a new location. The new locations will be:
Please check that your local backup scheme is not confused by the directory changes that will be made.
If the default project database folder and library (attachments) location settings were not taken during the installation of ARCHICAD 13 then the location you specified will be preserved during the application of this Hotfix.
Here is how the new BIM Server hierarchy will look:
After applying this hotfix you need to change service names you might have used in backup scripts:
TeamworkServerManager with TeamworkServerManager-v13.0
TeamworkMessagingServer with TeamworkMessagingServer-v13.0
TeamworkServerMonitorService with TeamworkServerMonitorService-v13.0
The server name is defined in the preferences panel of the Bim Server. If the computer's name is used as the server name then the Custom name will instead of being blank become filled in with the computer's name.
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ARCHICAD 13 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application for remote-controlling a BIM Server from a computer where BIM Server is not installed. This application can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 13 DVD.)
If ARCHICAD 13 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ARCHICAD 13 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
For offices working in Teamwork, the hotfix process should be centrally managed by the CAD manager or other designated manager, to ensure that all components are updated in sync and that no Teamwork user is left with a program version having a different version number.
If you are upgrading from build 3000/3013, and you have manually installed the Artlantis 3 Add-On, then please remove it before installing this Hotfix - as this Hotfix will install the newest version of the Add-On.The file you need to remove is: 'Artlantis Render Studio 3 Out.apx in /Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 13/Add-Ons/Import-Export folder, which is redundant.'
If you are upgrading from Hotfix#2 (3235), Hotfix#4 (3259) or Hotfix#6 (3600), then you do not have to do this.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ARCHICAD 13 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server; they cannot send and receive changes, until the BIM Server starts up again and the clients are once again online. If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
*Compared to ARCHICAD 13 Hotfix#6 - Build 3600. If you are upgrading from a build earlier than 3600, please make sure to read the relevant release notes as well!
- 112200 CRASH: Modifying mesh causes crash.
- 98681 CRASH: Copy/paste occasionally could cause a crash with MEP Modeler Add-On loaded.
- 113485 CRASH/TEAMWORK: Crash after sending results of a split of a non reserved Curtain Wall.
- 106960 CRASH/TEAMWORK: Managing teamwork libraries.
- 113481 DESIGN: Locked Curtain Wall can be edited.
- 111491 DESIGN: Interior Elevation Ceiling Line is missing when slab is on story above.
- 114164 DOCUMENT: Associative label on section moves after saving and reopening particular file.
- 113255 DOCUMENT: Drawings created from rotated floor plan view show incorrect orientation.
- 113693 DOCUMENT: PMK with a bad fill position cannot be placed properly as a drawing.
- 104436 DOCUMENT: Section views may be rotated if view is defined while floor plan is rotated.
- 109145 DOCUMENT: Door's view disappears from schedule after editing a text field.
- 113861 TEAMWORK: "Release All" with cancelled Send can cause error ( "Send error: server returns error code" ).
- 111555 TEAMWORK: After successful Send and Receive operation, Reserve causes freeze.
- 82034 TEAMWORK: Changes to Project Info may not register on BIM Server.
- 111208 TEAMWORK: Copy/paste of master layout causes Invalid Objects then Database Commit Error.
- 113478 TEAMWORK: Curtain Wall can be edited without reservation.
- 113479 TEAMWORK: Curtain Wall can be labeled without reservation.
- 112435 TEAMWORK: Dimension is misplaced after leaving and rejoining the project.
- 108192 TEAMWORK: Passwords with "&" character are invalid on BIM Servers running on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- 106503 TEAMWORK: Send/Receive problems caused by Hotlinked files.
- 112395 TEAMWORK: Support Package cannot be created after "project has not been shared yet" message.
- 112954 TEAMWORK: Teamwork status will be offline if the user password contains national characters.
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 100950 GOOGLE EARTH: Can't place Google Earth snapshot with version 5.1.