ARCHICAD 14 Hotfix (Build 4044)
for BIM Server and ARCHICAD
This Hotfix includes numerous Teamwork-related bugfixes, including those related to the handling of large files and others that fix Teamwork crashes. The hotfix applies to all components: ARCHICAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, Virtual Building Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types. Note: The same Hotfix applies to all language version of ARCHICAD. However, due to the testing process the Hotfix is not released for all languages at the same time. Use ARCHICAD's "Check for updates..." command in the Help menu to determine if the Hotfix has been released for your language or not. If you have landed on this page from any other source, please wait until ARCHICAD prompts you to update or the Hotfix is available through "Check for updates..."
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ARCHICAD 14 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 14 DVD)
If ARCHICAD 14 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ARCHICAD 14 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ARCHICAD 14 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server. They will be able to re-connect to the server when the Hotfix is successfully installed on both the server and the client side.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 111826 DOCUMENT: Offset trace references in rotated views were printed in the wrong location
- 112601 DOCUMENT: Under specific circumstances, zooming with PDF placed as drawing used up memory to the point where ARCHICAD crashed
- 114148 DOCUMENT: Part of layer name was not visible in schedules/scheme settings
- 115709 DOCUMENT: Top and bottom margins of PDF saved from layout always had the same size
- 116376 DOCUMENT: Publisher Sets with folder or layout names beginning with "/" had empty PDF bookmarks
- 118131 DOCUMENT: In special cases windows/doors belonging to Zones were not visible in Schedules.
- 123469 DOCUMENT: Gradient fills containing transparency were printed with strips in 64 bit Win7 OS
- 113976 EDIT: Feedback (rubber band) was missing in case of loading ARCHICAD in the background using specific palette scheme
- 116244 EDIT: User Interface page disappeared after injecting parameters
- 118038 EDIT: Interior elevation was deleted after moving boundary
- 118907 EDIT: Splitting slab modified already placed level dimensions
- 119560 EDIT: The copy command took 2-3 times longer than in AC 14 Hotfix2
- 121471 EDIT: In NED language version creating New Database (Calculate menu/Edit Database) and saving it created a bad script
- 123402 EDIT: Value displayed on Ruler was incorrect after changing any Drawing in a specific file
- 124766 EDIT: With specific file ARCHICAD crashed when using Find And Select
- 126283 EDIT: Double click on Section view refreshed the screen only after a pan/zoom action
- 119292 EDIT/CRASH: A Solid Element Operation between a wall component and cabinet resulted in a wireframe modeI. Undo caused crash.
- 120675 EDIT/CRASH: Switching stories with Trace & Reference on could cause crash
- 120895 EDIT/CRASH: Dragging an independent worksheet as a trace reference could cause crash
- 127116 FILE: 3D model was regenerated on save, if 'memory usage' setting in Work Environment was limited was set to Low or Medium
- 118593-124509 - 127512 FILE/CRASH: ARCHICAD crashed when opening specific files with embedded libraries
- 124156 FILE/DXF-DWG: Layout exported to DWG had thick line weights
- 126334 FILE/DXF-DWG: Incomplete import of specific DXF files. Some texts were missing.
- 120577 FILE/IFC: Size of the windows changed when specific IFC file were imported.
- 122873 FILE/IFC: Walls slanted beyond limit were represented with their 'bounding box' in the exported IFC file
- 124949-125565 FILE/CRASH: ARCHICAD crashed when opening specific PLN file originating from ARCHICAD 12
- 126956 FILE/IFC: The material layer set of profiled walls was exported incorrectly
- 123932 FILE/IFC: Space Boundary of Doors/Windows was generated multiple times during IFC export
- 116552 MODEL: Doors/Windows from a hotlink remained on the story on which they were in the origin file
- 117665 TEAMWORK: PMK drawings could not be updated because ARCHICAD falsely believed the drawing was not available
- 118908 TEAMWORK: Fewer backups are created than set in the Project Backup Schedule
- 118909 TEAMWORK: Specific project could not be shared unless hotlinks were broken
- 124108 TEAMWORK: BIM Server backup tool failed to save because project was too big
- 124264 TEAMWORK: Scheduled backups might not have been created if scheduled for times greater than 1 hour
- 125373 TEAMWORK: "Server returns error code" message was displayed after a series of Teamwork specific and non Teamwork specific steps
- 126163 TEAMWORK: User could not see the texts entered by another user into Index schedules
- 126226 TEAMWORK: "Communicating with Server" dialog might have appeared during Join or Send And Receive activities
- 126438 TEAMWORK: In BIM Server Manager the server activities were not displayed if the BIM Server 13 module was installed
- 126707-126728 TEAMWORK: In certain circumstances some users could go offline while others still were online
- 126990-126991-126992 TEAMWORK: Uploading of libraries could be slow in cases of large projects
- 127147 TEAMWORK: In certain circumstances requests were not received by team members
- 128553 TEAMWORK: With certain projects the first download from BIM Server took much more time than data transfer time
- 128724 TEAMWORK: Network traffic was sometimes large due to management data
- 122725 TEAMWORK/CRASH: ARCHICAD crashed when joining particular project
- 126021 TEAMWORK/CRASH: ARCHICAD crashed when joining a particular TW project file containing Curtain wall
- 126437 TEAMWORK/CRASH: BIM Server crashed under specific circumstances
- 126555 TEAMWORK/CRASH: BIM Server Manager crashed after a certain set of steps by the user
- 128503 TEAMWORK/CRASH: ARCHICAD crashes in Teamwork after particular steps involving details and changing their marker styles
- 127953 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: Schedule annotations might have disappeared when floor plan data was sent at project closing
- 123880 TEAMWORK/FREEZE: ARCHICAD hung after receiving multiple requests for the same element with sounds enabled
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft components
- 120981 Virtual Building Explorer/CRASH: Some projects exported to VBE crashed when opened
- 121939 MEP Modeler: MEP routing did not always set the tool defaults properly causing a "Library parts missing" error
- 127664 ODBC driver: On Windows ODBC configuration wizard didn't work properly