Release Notes - ArchiCAD 14 Hotfix-6 (Build 4204)
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix includes important Teamwork related bugfixes and solves Data-loss problems. The hotfix applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, Virtual Building Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types. Note: The same Hotfix applies to all language version of ArchiCAD. However, due to the testing process the Hotfix is not released for all languages at the same time. Use ArchiCAD's "Check for updates..." command in the Help menu to determine if the Hotfix has been released for your language or not. If you have landed on this page from any other source, please wait until ArchiCAD prompts you to update or the Hotfix is available through "Check for updates..."
Notice to users who have both ArchiCAD 15 and ArchiCAD 14 installed
ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix 2 (build 3602) should be applied together with ArchiCAD 14 Hotfix 6. This should be done, to address Activity Monitor problems common to both BIM Server modules. These fixes will only be fixed completely if both modules are fixed simultaneously. To emphasize, you only need to apply this if you have the ArchiCAD 15 BIM Server module installed.
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 14 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 14 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 14 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 14 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
In certain cases OS X will give the following error when you try to mount a GRAPHISOFT provided dmg downloaded from the Internet:
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 118940 CRASH: After importing a particular Door Schedule from ArchiCAD 13 scrolling to left or right crashed ArchiCAD
- 114689 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash with particular projects after switching between two instances of the application
- 119292 CRASH: In certain situations undoing a Solid Element Operation between a wall and library element could crash ArchiCAD
- 123018 CRASH: In particular circumstances ArchiCAD could crash after double-clicking on an elevation in the view map while the layout window was active
- 115789 CRASH: Invoking option-spacebar (Suspend Selection Highlight) with an element selected in the 3D window caused an immediate crash
- 127742 DOCUMENT: If a Linear Drawing Title was flipped, its Line ID Text became displaced in prints or published PDF's
- 132136 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: A dimension chain lost segments when Curtain Wall ID had been changed
- 115987 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: Saving file, moving Curtain wall, dragging a copy of Curtain wall along with its dimension could alter the dimension string associated with the Curtain Wall reference line
- 127178 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: Some dimensions were lost after trying to subtract a polygon from a Fill, Slab, or Roof
- 131794 FILE: On MAC OS X Lion if from a first instance of ArchiCAD another project is opened the second instance ArchiCAD wouldn't start
- 119314 FILE/DGN: Saving to DGN succeeded only after the second trial
- 130443 FILE/DWG-DXF/CRASH: Data in DWG data not compatible with their nominal file format could crash ArchiCAD at import
- 133862 FILE/IFC: If "walls with complex end connection" option was set to BREP in the IFC translator then no tolerance was used for the top and bottom level of walls when deciding whether it was exported as BREP or not
- 131829 FILE/IFC: Some elements could be rotated after importing particular IFC files to ArchiCAD
- 131662 FILE/IFC: In IFC files exported by ArchiCAD, doors didn't have opening lines
- 129584 FILE/IFC: Using the IFC Model Change Detection Wizard-command could cause ArchiCAD to crash with particular projects on localized version of ArchiCAD
- 128969 TEAMWORK: BIM Server's backup scheduler wasn't working according to the Project Backup Schedule
- 133576 TEAMWORK: Server Activities window of Activity Monitor could display wrong Project Names after deleting the "Everyone" entry from the list of users of the project
- 118544 TEAMWORK: Unsent changes prevented layout update
- 120735 TEAMWORK: Updating Server Activities data in BIM Server Manager was slow
- 120732 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Changing the preferred timeframe in the Server Activities window of BIM Server Manager caused its crash
- 131834 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: If Update command was given from the Documents/Drawings/ menu then non reserved drawings were also updated, but since changes in non reserved drawings were not sent to the server local user saw different state of the drawings in comparison to other Teamwork users
- 129977 TEAMWORK/MODEL: Different clients could see different colors for the same materials of complex profiles
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft components
- 130734 BIMx: Particular project could not be saved to BIMx do to a file dialog problem
- 130055 BIMx: Particular project if exported BIMx some textures were missing