ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix-2 (Build 3602)
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix includes fixes for a large number of Crashes, numerous Import-Export related bugfixes, bugfixes for Data-loss problems and solves important Teamwork related problems. The hotfix applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, BIM Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
Notice to users who have both ArchiCAD 15 and ArchiCAD 14 installed
ArchiCAD 14 Hotfix 6 (build 4204) should be applied together with ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix-2. This should be done, to address Activity Monitor problems common to both BIM Server modules. These fixes will only be fixed completely if both modules are fixed simultaneously. To emphasize, you only need to apply this if you have the ArchiCAD 14 BIM Server module installed.
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 15 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 15 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 15 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 15 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 132425 API: Could not save IFC file by using the API
- 125886 API: Element lists provided for Add-Ons were not filtered based on Renovation Filter
- 133879 CRASH: ArchiCAD 15 BIM Server Manager could crash while in User Settings
- 129936 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash after rebuilding section/elevation or regenerating drawing containing a shell
- 129682 CRASH: Recovering project crashed ArchiCAD if particular Work Environment profile had been imported
- 125855 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash on editing "User Environment"
- 123018 CRASH: In particular circumstances ArchiCAD could crash after double-clicking on an elevation in the view map while the layout window was active
- 119292 CRASH: In certain situations undoing a Solid Element Operation between a wall and library element could crash ArchiCAD
- 114689 CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash with particular projects after switching between two instances of the application
- 129753 DATA LOSS: ArchiCAD displayed library elements as missing in projects with placed library elements without a GUID and containing "/" character in their names
- 133379 DOCUMENT: In PolyRoof Interactive Schedule the value of the "Holes Perimeter" was calculated erroneously
- 131138 DOCUMENT: A Layout ID renamed in the Navigator reverted to its original value and could not be received by other users in a Teamwork project
- 130839 DOCUMENT: With particular file in the Sheet Index List several Layout were associated with the wrong Master Layout
- 130768 DOCUMENT: Some dimensions and/or dimension points referring to composite structures were missing when opened in an ArchiCAD 15 Teamwork project, or an Autosave file
- 130000 DOCUMENT: Publishing failed if the file contained at least one External Drawing and its source file was still open
- 129951 DOCUMENT: After placing a new window and creating a view with the renovation filter set to '03 After Demolition' the window did not show
- 129925 DOCUMENT: In the Interactive Schedule a rounded/circular polyline placed as annotation appeared erroneously
- 129479 DOCUMENT: In the Interactive Schedules numeric elements were sorted in dictionary order instead of numerically. For example: 1, 10, 11, 2
- 129156 DOCUMENT: Sill/Header values were summed up when listing multiple Doors/Windows
- 127992 DOCUMENT: Window/Door nominal sill height couldn't be set in the Interactive Schedule
- 127557 DOCUMENT: In Interactive Schedules Cyrillic fonts were shown as question marks on Layout
- 127366 DOCUMENT: Using Offset Edge pet palette command on polygon of a dwg drawing placed as External Drawing crashed ArchiCAD
- 126926 DOCUMENT: X-Y only geometry method Dimensions didn't work if Grid Rotation Anglewasn't the default (even when rotated grid is turned off)
- 114251 DOCUMENT: In case of slabs with composite cut fill structure of skins didn't get displayed by slab label after changing from text label to slab label
- 132136 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: A dimension chain lost segments when Curtain Wall ID had been changed
- 127178 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: Some dimensions were lost after trying to subtract a polygon from a Fill, Slab, or Roof
- 115987 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: Saving file, moving Curtain wall, dragging a copy of Curtain wall along with its dimension could alter the dimension string associated with the Curtain Wall reference line
- 131681 EDIT: In Windows-Doors Settings, after changing Reveal Depth, Sill/Threshold depth was also set to the same value
- 131565 EDIT: Hotspots of doors/windows could be misplaced after resizing the containing wall
- 131257 EDIT: Choose Hotlink dialog was opened slowly if there were non-valid hotlink file locations
- 129500 EDIT: The caret that indicates the position of typing changed constantly in OS X Lion when a text box was created by double click
- 129295 EDIT: Element ID Manager changed ID's of doors in reverse order
- 129216 EDIT: In the Text Box the text didn't get wrapped in certain situations
- 127498 EDIT: Window lost its renovation parameter after splitting containing wall
- 126962 EDIT: With a particular project W1 Trapezoid 14 window could jump into another plane when clicking on its hotspot
- 126765 EDIT: When elevating a ridge of a multi-plane roof in section the height of the roof wasn't set accordingly
- 133409 FILE/C4D: Alpha channel was not saved with C4D files
- 119314 FILE/DGN: Saving to DGN succeeded only after the second trial
- 130873 FILE/DWF: If Rotated Views are exported to DWF, its elements will be exported with modified coordinates
- 110172 FILE/DWF: After exporting layout to DWF the model space coordinates of the elements could not be measured
- 132479 FILE/DWG-DXF: Rotated 2d polylines were imported incorrectly
- 129379 FILE/DWG-DXF: Shells' Floor Plan view wasn't exported to DWG
- 116531 FILE/DWG-DXF: Layers of the DWG-DXF template file were exported to DWG even though the "Do not export empty layers" checkbox was checked
- 103405 FILE/DWG-DXF: Drawing with rotated orientation was exported to DWG-DXF with rotated coordinates in model space
- 130443 FILE/DWG-DXF/CRASH: Data in DWG data not compatible with their nominal file format could crash ArchiCAD at import
- 133813 FILE/IFC: IFC based quantity for roofs and shells were missing in exported IFC file
- 133758 FILE/IFC: Contour lines of windows and doors were missing after importing an IFC file saved by ArchiCAD
- 133704 FILE/IFC: Walls lost their IFC properties if its Element Classification was set to "Wall"
- 133561 FILE/IFC: Some openings didn't create holes in walls with complex profiles in exported IFC files
- 133533 FILE/IFC: When ArchiCAD 14 file was opened by ArchiCAD 15, the ID of elements was overwritten by the ID's set in the IFC Data
- 133292 FILE/IFC: In IFC Manager one couldn't drag and drop a group of elements into another folder
- 132747 FILE/IFC: Columns could be misplaced at IFC import
- 132715 FILE/IFC: Height of walls could be miscalculated by ArchiCAD when opening Tekla models
- 132274 FILE/IFC: In IFC files saved by ArchiCAD and opened in Revit applications openings were offset
- 132225 FILE/IFC: IFC Properties could not be defined in the Objects' Settings Dialog, after the use of the "New and Reset All" command
- 131989 FILE/IFC: After saving an IFC file from certain projects the "Type" of the wall contained only the thickness of the wall instead of the name of the composite fill
- 131829 FILE/IFC: Some elements could be rotated after importing particular IFC files to ArchiCAD
- 131662 FILE/IFC: In IFC files exported by ArchiCAD, doors didn't have opening lines
- 131576 FILE/IFC: Some openings didn't create holes in walls in exported IFC files
- 131449 FILE/IFC: After importing a particular IFC file into ArchiCAD some doors were placed in front of the walls they belonged to
- 131058 FILE/IFC: Automatic export of Zone Categories was missing from IFC export. For the fix to work you will need to set a Registry Key in AC 15. See Help Center article.
- 130844 FILE/IFC: Imported IFC file elements could change size if their settings window was viewed and the "OK" button was used to leave the dialog
- 130713 FILE/IFC: Zones could be missing in the exported IFC file if Partial Structure Display has been set to "Core of load-bearing elements only"
- 130194 FILE/IFC: If the geometry of the axis of an IFCGrid was IFCLine ArchiCAD could not import it
- 130027 FILE/IFC: In IFC file exported by ArchiCAD and imported into Revit the frames of particular Curtain walls were rotated
- 129577 FILE/IFC: Walls were exported as simple IfcWall elements instead of IfcWallStandrardCase
- 128579 FILE/IFC: certain walls from AutoCAD Architecture/MEP weren't displayed in ArchiCAD
- 128231 FILE/IFC: Profiles of particular beams could be rotated by 90 degrees after importing IFC file
- 126846 FILE/IFC: Properties of Door/Window Type were missing from IFC export
- 113961 FILE/IFC: Walls could be misplaced at IFC import with particular IFC file
- 131169 MODEL: On Section/Elevation Multiplane Roof set to Existing renovation status lost its contours if Renovation Filter was set to "Planned"
- 130221 MODEL: in 3D Window object and casing could be erroneously positioned in Profiled Wall
- 126461 MODEL: Window Size couldn't be overwritten by parameter script
- 127552 MODEL/DATA LOSS: Window lost its renovation parameter and reverted back to "existing" after using Drag a Copy on the containing wall
- 129181 TEAMWORK: ArchiCAD could crash after migrating particular project
- 128969 TEAMWORK: BIM Server's backup scheduler wasn't working according to the Project Backup Schedule
- 128609 TEAMWORK: Importing a particular project file could crash the BIM Server Manager
- 130175 TEAMWORK: In BIM Server Manager managing users and projects was very slow
- 110642 TEAMWORK: Project Settings could freeze in case of connection through internet
- 133576 TEAMWORK: Server Activities window of Activity Monitor could display wrong Project Names after deleting the "Everyone" entry from the list of users of the project
- 118544 TEAMWORK: Unsent changes prevented layout update
- 120735 TEAMWORK: Updating Server Activities data in BIM Server Manager was slow
- 110453 TEAMWORK: User Settings window could freeze in case of connection through internet
- 131009 TEAMWORK: Optimizes the processing of layers during a hotlink update, thereby improving performance
- 120732 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Changing the preferred timeframe in the Server Activities window of BIM Server Manager caused its crash
- 128273 TEAMWORK/CRASH: In certain situations ArchiCAD could crash when trying to join a migrated project
- 127572 TEAMWORK/CRASH/FREEZE: Changing Backup Schedule for a project and pressing OK could crash or freeze ArchiCAD
- 131834 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: If Update command was given from the Documents/Drawings/ menu then non reserved drawings were also updated, but since changes in non reserved drawings are not sent to the server local user sees different state of the drawings in comparison to other Teamwork users
- 129977 TEAMWORK/MODEL: Different clients could see different colors for the same materials of complex profiles
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft components
- 130644 BIMx: After saving particular large projects to BIMx, they showed empty in BIMx
- 133374 BIMx: ArchiCAD was freezing at exporting textures with particular project
- 129541 BIMx: BIM Explorer or BIMx Desktop Viewer gave File error when opening a .bimx file by double-clicking on it or by dragging it on the application due to the name containing special characters
- 132404 BIMx: BIMx did not work on some computers with integrated Intel graphics
- 132153 BIMx: BIMx export didn't succeed if User Name contained characters with ASCII code above 127
- 131953 BIMx: Export of BIMx file failed if the the OS userhome parameter had been set to the root of the file system
- 130734 BIMx: Particular project could not be saved to BIMx do to a file dialog problem
- 130055 BIMx: Particular project if exported BIMx some textures were missing
- 132483 BIMx: Quad Buffered Stereo mode could not be used in BIMx
- 132480 BIMx: Textures were not shown on picture object
- 129378 ECODESIGNER: With particular project Net Heating Demand could be calculated erroneously when setting Heat pump for fresh air heating