ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix 4 (Build 3898)
for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This hotfix fixes numerous important Teamwork and IFC related problems. The hotfix applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, BIM Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 15 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 15 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 15 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 15 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- If the BIM Server is running on a computer that has Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 as its operating system you have to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the patch. We are still investigating the causes.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
Deployed Installation of the Hotfix
Starting with Hotfix 4 of ArchiCAD 15 deployed installation is also possible. For details on deployed installation go here.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 136391 DOCUMENT/DATA LOSS: Additional parameters of Door markers could disappear from the Interactive Schedule
- 128363 DOCUMENT: Drawing of elevation became rotated when placed on layout
- 137014 DOCUMENT: Label associated with skylight didn't appear on layout
- 117328 DOCUMENT: Pen set changed after copying a drawing on Layout
- 138087 DOCUMENT: Update Zone command could give wrong results with Zones trimmed to Roofs
- 131267 EDIT: Choose Hotlink Dialog also displayed modules that were not placed in the project
- 133601 EDIT: Click to Trim function was executed very slowly if there were many fills in the project
- 133709 EDIT: Column labels disappeared in view, but still appeared in Layout
- 123052 EDIT: Curtain Wall could not be edited in particular project
- 131942 EDIT: Fill in the hotlinked file was changed after placing the hotlink in the host file
- 127470 EDIT: Pet Palette of Multi-plane Roof or Shell disappears both in 2D and 3D right after clicking on any of their hotspots or outlines.
- 134333 EDIT: Wall recesses to Zone are not selectable
- 131180 EDIT/CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when on a Detail view a closed polyline was edited
- 134841 FILE/DWG-DXF/IMPORT: Particular dwg file could not be imported
- 136757 FILE/DWG-DXF/CRASH/: ArchiCAD could crash after deleting all DWG Translators and creating a new one
- 138178 FILE/DWG-DXF/EXPORT: Duplicate dimension text was left behind in AutoCAD, after moving or deleting a dimension imported from ArchiCAD dimension chain
- 131118 FILE/DWG-DXF: Parts of the DXF-DWG Translator dialog could not be accessed on lower screen resolution
- 133251 FILE/EXPORT: Long schedule couldn't be saved to XLS (Excel) format
- 134290 FILE/EXPORT: Skylight Labels were not exported to PDF
- 135611 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: ArchiCAD exported the curved parts of the complex profiles as polylines instead of real curves
- 136106 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Base quantity of elements on which Solid Element Operation were applied were exported to IFC with incorrect Base Quantity
- 136356 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Elements clipped by Roof could lose the clipping information when exporting particular file to IFC
- 136878 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: From particular ArchiCAD file slabs were exported with erroneous geometry
- 136339 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Mirrored copies of Columns rotated around their vertical axis lost their mirrored status when exported to IFC
- 137420 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: With particular project elements were missing from the exported IFC file
- 135451 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Particular IFC file was imported with erroneous geometry of trimmed cylindrical beams
- 139834 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: IFC didn't import site geometry in a special case
- 139753 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: IFC object based hotlinks lost their materials
- 135898 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Materials of elements went wrong when importing a particular IFC file
- 139835 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Negative length value erroneously generated by Tekla was not handled by ArchiCAD's IFC import
- 136394 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Opening particular file resulted in wrong 3D model of some elements due to invalid Brep preparation of elements
- 131450 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: When opening particular IFC file some pipe elements could go wrong
- 138127 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Columns had incorrect rotation angle in a particular IFC file
- 133590 FILE/MODEL: One needed to open project twice so that correct complex profiles were loaded
- 137596 INSTALL: In addition to the “silent” parameter a new “nowarning” parameter will prevent any dialog from showing on user screens concerning already patched components
- 138263 INSTALL: On computers with multiple language versions of ArchiCAD it is now possible to silently update specified language versions with the “searchlanguage=xxx” parameter. “xxx” is the three letter code for the localization, for example: INT, GER, FIN
- 141813 INSTALL: Patches the uninstaller to be compatible with Java 1.7.
- 136520 MODEL: When an object went into an invisible renovation status it could change its position on the floor plan
- 138051-138058 MODEL/DATA LOSS: Data of Roof elements could go Invalid
- 137645 MODEL/FREEZE: With specific file ArchiCAD could hang after selecting area with a marquee and viewing it in 3D
- 136294 TEAMWORK: During Send and Receive A “serious error has occurred" error message could come up in specific circumstances
- 139480 TEAMWORK: IFC groups in mod file could cause "Server returns error code" error
- 139547 TEAMWORK: In Teamwork project ownership violation error could occur after deleting an operator in a SEO operation coming from a hotlink module
- 139576 TEAMWORK: Project could get into a state when a view with "Free for reservation" status could not be reserved
- 140019 TEAMWORK: Reduce frequency of database commit failures by improving XREF handling algorithms
- 129195 TEAMWORK: Several users of particular project could not read local cache, and could not join the project due to invalid elements
- 137597 TEAMWORK/CRASH: After placing particular Teamwork project with custom profiles in it into another Teamwork file as a hotlink caused crash
- 138855 TEAMWORK/CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when joining a Teamwork project if third party add-ons were used with the project
- 137148 TEAMWORK/CRASH: ArchiCAD could crash when sharing a Teamwork project if third party add-ons were used with the project
- 139092 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Crash could occur after granting embedded library elements
- 126758 TEAMWORK/CRASH: When opening particular project "Internal error found, ArchiCAD will be closed" error message came up, after pressing OK ArchiCAD crashed137842 TEAMWORK/LIBRARY: "Library update failed" error could come after adding specific shared library to a project
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft components:
- 129783 BIMx: "Play On Start" function didn't work
- 138083 BIMx: BIMx viewer crashes when trying to save file on Vista
- 136407 Cinema4D: Could not update the C4D plan without overwriting the materials of modified elements and duplicating them
- 134985 Cinema4D: C4D file with materials that had PNG textures and alpha channel went wrong after reopening them in ArchiCAD