ARCHICAD 16 Hotfix 2 (Build 3270)
for BIM Server and ARCHICAD
This hotfix contains fixes for several Energy Evaluation problems, IFC bugs and improves display quality on Mac computers with HiDPI display.
The hotfix applies to all components: ARCHICAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, EcoDesigner, BIM Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
About the installer:
On Windows platform this installer needs Java 1.6. If this is not present on your Windows you can download and install it from here: Help Center .
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ARCHICAD 16 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 16 DVD)
If ARCHICAD 16 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ARCHICAD 16 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- If the BIM Server is running on a computer that has Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 as its operating system you have to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the patch. We are still investigating the causes.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker and turn off all of your network connections (both via cable and wifi) for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
Deployed Installation of the Hotfix
For details on deployed installation go here.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 144420 CRASH: Deleting a dimensioned point of a polyline could crash ARCHICAD.
- 143903 DATA LOSS: Data of Roof elements could go Invalid with particular file.
- 144968 DOCUMENT: Symbolic and Cut Plane display of custom Curtain Wall panels was different.
- 144627 EDIT: While using the Bulge function the segmentation of the feedback and the resulting Morph was different.
- 143105 EDIT: 3D openings could only be placed to the left side of the first input click.
- 144515 EDIT: If a view is traced below another, hiding the layer of a selected element and switching to Reference view made the cursor flash.
- 144962 EDIT: In Curtain Wall Edit mode the Element ID Manager showed attributes without showing the hierarchy of elements and sub elements.
- 144254 EDIT: In special circumstances the look of Library objects were not regenerated after changing their parameters.
- 144085 EDIT: Mouse scrolling could change Renovation status back to existing if Trace reference was on
- 144284 EDIT: On floorplan using tracker's x-y coordinates for placing a Door or a Window in a wall resulted in a bad position within the wall.
- 143097 EDIT: On HiDPI displays 2D and 3D windows didn't exploit the higher resolution.
- 143069 EDIT: On HiDPI displays pop-up palette icons were wrong.
- 144794 EDIT: In MAC OS X 10.8 dotted lines were not visible.
- 107293 EDIT: In Windows if the DPI of the display was set to 125% then tooltips were unusable.
- 144641 EDIT: Turning off the Show Skin Separator Lines option made turning it on again difficult.
- 143466 EDIT: With particular files 3D preview could be missing when editing morphs.
- 142799 ENERGY EVALUATION: Changing the Mechanical Cooling type between Air Cooled and Water Cooled values didn't affect the values of Auxiliary systems.
- 142829 ENERGY EVALUATION: Ecodesigner could take another material than the one had selected in the material catalogue.
- 143032 ENERGY EVALUATION: Empty Windows/Doors did not appear as Uncovered Area.
- 142815 ENERGY EVALUATION: Glazing selection set wrong Opaque U value.
- 142880 ENERGY EVALUATION: Heat Pump for Cooling Source didn't have any effect on the result.
- 144094 ENERGY EVALUATION: Project Location and Climate data contained different locations after "Start Energy Simulation" in the AUS ARCHICAD.
- 143949 ENERGY EVALUATION: Some zones could be erroneously shown as outdated.
- 143931 ENERGY EVALUATION: The text explaining the CO2 emission graphics was erroneously positioned.
- 142737 ENERGY EVALUATION: Total area sorting didn't work on OpeningsTabPage.
- 142820 ENERGY EVALUATION: With migrated projects small infiltration could appear even though all shell elements were airtight.
- 144967 FILE/IFC: After exporting IFC file containing openings with casing from ARCHICAD then importing the IFC file again into ARCHICAD the opening size could become bigger.
- 145188 FILE/IFC: Classification Reference values couldn't be chosen.
- 144637 FILE/IFC: Empty openings originated from migrated files got exported to IFC with erroneous geometry.
- 144093 FILE/IFC: GrossWallArea and NetWallArea were exported incorrectly into IFC.
- 143209 FILE/IFC: Exported IFC file geometry of slanted reveals was incorrect.
- 143035 FILE/IFC: Exported IFC files had the time stamp the wrong format.
- 135950 FILE/IFC: Particular Curtain Wall elements could go be missing missing in IFC exports.
- 127256 FILE/IFC: Older IFC translators could not be used after importing them in ARCHICAD 16
- 144955 FILE/IFC: Update with IFC command did not update Zone number and name with particular files.
- 142912 FILE/IFC: Wall holes were exported with erroneous geometry in certain circumstances.
- 144496 FILE/IFC: With particular project the exported value for IfcBuildingLocalplacement was wrong.
- 143151 LIBRARY/MODEL : GDL's script created from morphs could get wrong line endings which made these object unusable on the BIMComponents site.
- 143217 LIBRARY/MODEL: Object-Morph-Object round trip could produce macro errors.
- 144568 LIBRARY: Downloading two objects using the same macro from the BIMcomponents site caused the macro to be placed twice in the embedded library.
- 142444 MODEL: Changing the ID of a Curtain Wall component made the component disappear.
- 143104 MODEL: Holes in beams could not be deleted.
- 143103 MODEL: Holes in beams could not be elevated.
- 143764 MODEL: Hotlink Module could move to a different story after breaking a copy of the original one and resaving it.
- 143130 MODEL: In particular circumstances in the Project map some floors could get duplicated.
- 144077 MODEL: OpenGL shadows could get lost completely in case of particular files on Mac OS X 10.6.
- 144267 MODEL: Particular Composite structure got invalid skins after appending it through attribute manager.
- 144922 MODEL: For Mac OS X 10.8 antializing feature has been re-enabled on Mac Graphics drivers that have been tested by Graphisoft. For more information go here.
- 145144 SPEED: Stretching a polyline could cause slowdown in case of particular files
- 130395 SPEED: To Room and From Room parameters of Zones were unnecessarily recalculated after zooming or panning causing slow navigation with certain files.
- 142991 SPEED: With particular files hovering the cursor over the edge of a slab the status of the cursor would change very slowly and the pet palette would appear with delay.
- 144771 TEAMWORK: Deprecated image warning could come up regularly, even though there were no deprecated images in the project.
- 133631 TEAMWORK/LIBRARY: After a library element was modified on the BIM Server its 3D look would be refreshed in ARCHICAD only after refreshing the Library Manager dialog or if the instance of the library element had been modified.
- 144203 TEAMWORK/LIBRARY: If a library had been uploaded to a BIM Server from a mapped network drive in a previous version of ARCHICAD then it could not be refreshed in the current one.
- 144761 WORK ENVIRONMENT: Quick Layers command was erroneously translated to German in the GER ARCHICAD version in the Work Environment.
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft components:
- 144572 BIMx: After exporting a particular file to BIMx the application closed at once.
- 145242 BIMx: Bimx could crash with particular project after activating the Info tool or turning on Outlines.
- 143452 BIMx: Improved image quality on HiDPI displays.
- 142425 BIMx: There was no possibility to accelerate the navigation along the z axis.
Download this Hotfix
for all languages except for RUS language version
only for RUS language version,
The ARCHICAD 16 Hotfix 2 (3270) installer files for the Russian language version are available through the links below. These files contain a fix, which makes the new "Limit navigation to gallery views" feature of BIMx Desktop Viewer available in the Russian language version as well.