for BIM Server and ArchiCAD
This Hotfix fixes important Teamwork problems among many other issues.
The hotfix applies to all components: ArchiCAD, BIM Server, BIM Server Manager, BIM Explorer, MEP Modeler and all other GRAPHISOFT distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
Table of Contents
The Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ArchiCAD 16 (including MEP Modeler, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ArchiCAD 16 DVD)
If ArchiCAD 16 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ArchiCAD 16 is already up-to-date, but one of the ArchiCAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users
Working in Teamwork requires that client ArchiCADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ArchiCAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ArchiCADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ArchiCAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- If the BIM Server is running on a computer that has Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 as its operating system we strongly recommend to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the patch.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker and turn off all of your network connections (both via cable and wifi) for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ArchiCAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
Deployed Installation of the Hotfix
For details on deployed installation go here.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix
- 155118 CRASH: The routines that addressed 3D projections were made more stable.
- 156176 CRASH: Inserting new points in wall's polygon could crash ArchiCAD.
- 157462 CRASH: In particular projects, opening the project or pasting 2D elements could cause ArchiCAD to crash.
- 159613 CRASH: Both an erroneous visible ArchiCAD Layer and its resulting crash were corrected.
- 134515 DOCUMENT: Display of Beams did not reflect the position of the Floor Plan Cut Plane below and above the Home Story.
- 148211,162393 DOCUMENT: Full layouts and sections of particular projects could become rotated. You can read more about the issue here: Help Center
- 149979 DOCUMENT: Renovation filter could change in 3D upon Hotlink Update or Copy from another project.
- 152993 DOCUMENT: If view contained fill "Insulation 01" the published PDF could not be open on MAC with Adobe Reader 11.0.01 and above.
- 159140 DOCUMENT: Zone Category was not listed in the Schedule.
- 160332 DOCUMENT: On MAC OS platforms Energy Evaluation report could not be saved in some localized version (RUS, POL). For more information read this article: Help Center
- 156473 EDIT: Changing reference line segment of a Curtain Wall from straight line to arc resulted misplaced mullions.
- 160553 EDIT: Markup Style field picked up attributes unnecessarily with every copy/paste.
- 161862 EDIT: Crash could occur when adjusting Editing plane.
- 113951 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Dimensions superscript texts got displaced in exported DWG file.
- 158352 FILE/DWG/IMPORT: Import Blocks from DXF/DWG crashed ArchiCAD.
- 151660 FILE/IFC/DATA: IFC properties of elements could get lost after converting them to Morphs.
- 160970 A user-modifiable mapping file was created contains a set of rules formatted in xml to bring data from different fields in an ArchiCAD project into the IFC Name Attribute field. For more information please read this article: Help Center
- 143209 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Openings with slanted reveal might look incorrect in IFC.
- 147046 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Wall niche became an opening when imported into ArchiCAD.
- 155347, 154042 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: If default doors/windows anchor were not set to "Sill to Wall base" then openings imported from IFC could get vertically displaced.
- 159286 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: ArchiCAD crashed when opening particular IFC file.
- 161453 INSTALL: Hotfixing failed if the user profile under which ArchiCAD had been installed does not exist any more.
- 162575 INSTALL: Installer could not run successfully if logged in as a Domain Administrator.
- 158077 MODEL: A tube Morph wasn't solid if the beginning and ending faces overlapped.
- 159241 SPEED: Zone schedule calculations could be slow in certain cases.
- 159753 SPEED: Drawing Manager’s “check status” updates are now faster.
- 145636 TEAMWORK: common reason for "Internal Error" during open/join of a Teamwork project was corrected.
- 157423 TEAMWORK: A Server Returns Error Code error occurred occasionally when a solid element operation was performed on a hotlinked wall.
- 159577 TEAMWORK/HOTLINK: Hotlink data handling in Teamwork could be confused in certain conditions by simultaneous receives from two or more users. A new dialog warns users,when the conditions arise, that they must retry the receive command.
- 159147 TEAMWORK/SPEED: Joining into very large Teamwork projects with many linked Hotlink Modules could be slow due to processing the embedded libraries of the Hotlink Modules.
- 154898 USER INTERFACE: Floor plan window's saved zoom values could not be deleted.
Bugs fixed in optional GRAPHISOFT components:
- 156292 BIMx: On Windows executable BIMx file could crash with a user profile containing national characters in its name.
|Download||Language||Win 32-bit||Win 64-bit||Mac OSX||Last modified|
|ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 5 (Build 4010)||
INT, AUS, AUT, BRA, CHI, CZE, DEN, FIN, GER, GRE, HUN, ITA, JPN, KOR, NED, NOR, NZE, POL, POR, RUS, SPA, SWE, TAI, TUR, USA
|261 MB||281 MB||206 MB||Nov 5, 2013|