This Hotfix includes important improvements since the original release of ARCHICAD 17 (Build 3002). This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ARCHICAD 17 (Build 3002 and above).
The hotfix applies to ARCHICAD, BIM Server and all other components: BIM Server Manager, BIMx, MEP Modeler and all GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
Table of Contents
The Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
ARCHICAD 17 (including MEP Modeler, Energy Evaluation and all GRAPHISOFT Add-Ons)
GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 17 DVD)
If ARCHICAD 17 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not. If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date. If ARCHICAD 17 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
If the BIM Server is running on a computer that has Windows Server 2008 R2 as its operating system you have to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the patch.
We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker for the time of the BIM Server installation.
Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Start the full installation process using an administrator account. For Mac users make sure to mount the installation dmg while being signed in with the administrator account that you always use to install or patch GRAPHISOFT products. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
If you have multiple copies ofeither ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button tolocate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of hotfixing the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended. Clients must be patched before they can teamwork with the newly hotfixed BIM Server.
If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
If the BIM Server does not start immediately after installation, please restart the computer.
For details on deployed installation go here.
Issues solved since the release of Hotfix Build 5014
- 166049 BIMx: BIMx export from models with high resolution textures gave incorrect result in BIMx mobile
- 166982 BIMx: BIMx for ARCHICAD 17 could not save old BIMx files
- 168005 BIMx: Section and Elevation Hyperlinks of BIMx Hyper-model could disappear if the S/E Vertical Range was limited
- 167679 CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash when importing IFC files containing Building Element Parts with missing geometry.
- 170841 CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash when the project contained hotlink cache without source reference
- 160032 CRASH: Opening a layout while working in Profile Editor could result crash in certain situations
- 118019 DATA LOSS: Grid System with the Show on Story setting on Custom and invisible on a particular story could be displaced without any notice
- 170194 DOCUMENT: Different building materials were counted as uniform items by the schedule in case their attribute ID numbers matched
- 166889 DOCUMENT: Interactive Schedule/Component: The list summarized the value of the "Composite Skin Thickness" if the Show uniform items as single entry parameter was turned on
- 164979 DOCUMENT: Interior Elevation stability improvements were made
- 169629 DOCUMENT: Linked section markers disappeared from layout if the marker setting is not "Show on all stories"
- 167825 DOCUMENT: Llist schemes could not be saved into their default embedded folder
- 166145 DOCUMENT: Part of the saved .png, .jpg images was black if the pictures were portrait orientated
- 167913 DOCUMENT: Particular dimensions disappeared after changing section's/elevation's status from Auto-rebuild Model to Drawing
- 168307 DOCUMENT: Placing Level Dimensions with Gravity to Slab didn't work if the Slab had To Be Demolished or New Renovation Status.
- 166669 DOCUMENT: Profile beam top/bottom values are no longer reported differently between versions 16 and 17
- 168228 DOCUMENT: Publishing single file PDF with footer turned on additional blank pages were created
- 171585 DOCUMENT: Upon opening an AC16 file, level dimensions possibly moved away if the original polygon points were altered since the original creation
- 169606 DOCUMENT: Wall outer arc dimension value of bent wall was incorrect
- 163570 DOCUMENT/CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash using Flachenbereichnung listing
- 127020, 157530 DOCUMENT/CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash when multiple schedule windows were open in maximized mode and a palette was resized.
- 168035 DOCUMENT/CRASH: Extremely short polylines with arrowhead could cause crash when the layout was updated
- 169175 EDIT: Guide lines appeared only in the Origin, not at the starting point of the elements
- 169836 EDIT: 2d floorplan intersection of a curved wall and a straight wall, with a column at the meeting point was rendered wrong
- 169603 EDIT: After splitting a zone, two zone stamps were erroneously placed in the center of the split on top of each other
- 168389 EDIT: Applying favorite in wall settings dialog no longer changes renovation status from "new" to "existing"
- 169694 EDIT: Beams, objects, slabs, roofs, meshes, shells and morph elements did not retain home story specific settings in spite of the home story checkbox checked in favorite preferences
- 161717 EDIT: Bubble line (often used for revision bubbles) turned inside out when drawing a full closed bubble
- 167759 EDIT: Changes in the Object Settings didn't update the dialogue for Custom Panels
- 161987 EDIT: dragging holes in fills was not possible on Section and Elevation views
- 169342 EDIT: Error message could come up when grouped elements were copied onto sections/elevations
- 162337 EDIT: Find & Select: Copy Settings function didn't work in Section/Elevation
- 166120 EDIT: Home story now correctly changes when hotlink drag a copy occurs in section
- 165690 EDIT: Identical attributes are more accurately identified
- 165685 EDIT: Image and gradient fills can now be overwritten in the attribute manager
- 157260 EDIT: In section using "drag a copy" on a 2D object could change some of the line types in the object
- 167134 EDIT: Openings could be multiplied but couldn't be elevated with the Drag action of the Multiply Pet Palette command
- 170300 EDIT: Quick magnet selection was locked to one element in certain cases, regardless of the cursor's position in floor plan
- 166124 EDIT: Relink a home story was made more robust
- 158784 EDIT: Stretching an opening in composite wall gave incorrect feedback on Floor Plan.
- 167778 EDIT: Switching to other Pet Palette options after using 'Elevate Mesh Point Height' was not possible.
- 163806 EDIT: The "Multiply Rotate/distribute" command was not showing correct visual feedback upon the process of distributing the object
- 166776 EDIT: Thermal Block assignment settings/Temperature Profiles were not stored with the project
- 168858 EDIT: Vector fill became a solid grey upon minor zooming with the setting "scale with plan"
- 166697 EDIT/CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash at creating or moving a polyline
- 168362 EDIT/CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash at using the Tube function for editing a morph
- 157822 EDIT/CRASH: In certain circumstances AC could crash while editing elements in 3D window
- 170765 EDIT/FREEZE: Cursor movement over a spline that was in the vicinity of an arched edge as could be found in a roof could cause ARCHICAD to freeze
- 168422 EDIT/SPEED: Editing a mesh item could be slower AC 17 then in AC 16
- 171606 ENERGY EVALUATION: Incorrect overall R-values were calculated for openings
- 166842 ENERGY EVALUATION: Total Area of openings between thermal blocks was calculated with double value.
- 166024 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: Objects: Text settings in the object blocks were lost
- 163905 FILE/DWG/EXPORT/ÖNORM: Only attributes with values were exported to DWG.
- 163928 FILE/DWG/EXPORT/ÖNORM: Text settings of zones' text blocks were lost.
- 168206 FILE/DWG/IMPORT: objects failed to open in ARCHICAD 17, due to wrong algorythm in reading text objects
- 161709 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Certain GDL elements were exported to IFC without mapped geometry
- 166764 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: The export was not successful if the username for the computer contained special national characters.
- 169416 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Certain walls with slanted end were imported with wrong geometry.
- 150304 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Infobox might have showed different elevation values than the Selection Settings dialog for certain elements.
- 166937 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Representation of elements imported from IFC were segmented on section/elevation compared to the 3D window.
- 166198 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: The model did not appear in case of footprint IFC Site geometry description.
- 162514 FILE/MIGRATION/MODEL: Intersection of walls was not correct when file migrated from AC16 to AC17
- 170649 FILE/OPEN: An appropriate number of 30000 objects in the embedded library made files unworkable. The file did not edit or even open.
- 167863 FILE/OPEN: Opening certain module files could result 'Invalid elements were found in this project error.'
- 169858 FILE/PDF/SAVE: When rotated views were saved as PDF some text could be lost
- 166162 FILE/SAVE: Walls with top links are now correctly handled when published to single story mod files
- 171207 FILE/WRL/EXPORT: Syntax errors occured when .wrl file was saved with textures from the JPN version of ARCHICAD
- 166841 EDIT: Guide line display no longer can cause performance problems on a Mac
- 166787 HOTLINK: Cover Fill of Multi-plane Roofs could change when it was hotlinked into another file.
- 164985 HOTLINK: IFC Assignments from the Module file could result in unsuccessful operation in the Host file.
- 166143 HOTLINK: Non visible elements of a hotlink are now correctly handled when the hotlink is assigned a different story in section
- 166139 MODEL: Doors, Windows with Variable Closure: The bottom and the top closures were at wrong position in case of profiled walls
- 166839 MODEL: If two curved walls were connected an additional piece of wall appeared in 3D
- 170956 MODEL: Objects created from a section (Create or Edit Patch) did not function in case of containing a building material
- 170659 MODEL/ FREEZE: ARCHICAD could freeze when arcular planeroof and spline intersected each other
- 170388 MODEL/FREEZE: ARCHICAD could freeze if the project contained lot of Solid Element Operations between model elements
- 166604 MODEL/SPEED: Section generation might have been slow, when the project contained many gdl elements
- 166945 SPEED: Navigation speed in 3D window has been improved
- 164346 TEAMWORK/FREEZE: In special circumstances AC could freeze when regitestering modification in the Teamwork Server
- 169869 TEAMWORK/MODEL: In teamwork under certain circumstances designed composite and profile thickness could differ from measured thickness.
- 164887 TEAMWORK/SPEED: Joining a project in Teamwork caused slow BIM Server operation because of redundant checking algorythms
- 166438 TEAMWORK: A change to a cut fill in a building material will no longer lead to invalid elements error in Teamwork
- 169685 TEAMWORK: Elements could be ended up in locked state after working in Teamwork environment
- 163813 TEAMWORK: Getting elements reserved - by another user assigning them - didn't initiate Receive and could cause inconsistent representation of data between the two users
- 169476 TEAMWORK: Sending changes may have failed in rare situations
- 170297 TEAMWORK: The firewall was erroneously activated due to the the usage of a reserved range TCP port
- 161689 TEAMWORK: Warning of being in detached mode should always come up before loading the local cache
- 167041 TEAMWORK: Trim of polyline will no longer cause invalid elements in teamwork.
- 169745 USER INTERFACE: Better feedback is now given when switching between views
- 167222 USER INTERFACE: Floor Plan view could flicker on layout if the Floor Plan Cut Plane was set to a height where it cut the bottom part of a Curtain Wall element.
- 169211 USER INTERFACE: In 2D Camera mode 3Dconnexion Space Navigator Mouse worked in the wrong direction
- 165709 USER INTERFACE: Profiled Beam: The Infobox didn't display the correct "elevation to project Zero" value, when the profile origo wasn't placed to the bottom of the profile
Issues solved since the release of Hotfix Build 5005
- 167510 CRASH: In Section/Elevation changing Renovation Status of elements or using Edit Selection Set tool crashed ARCHICAD. You can read more about the issue here: Troubleshooting/CrashAtRenovationStatusChange
- 167673 CRASH: Opening particular files saved with previous hotfixes of ARCHICAD 17 and turning on trace could crash ARCHICAD.
- 167760 CRASH: Opening schedules where in the criteria list parentheses were erroneously used caused crash.
Issues solved since the release of Hotfix Build 4008
- 162393 DOCUMENT: Full layouts and sections of particular projects could become rotated. You can read more about the issue here: Troubleshooting/RotatedLayoutsSections
- 164080 DOCUMENT: If in the Work Environment the User Preference Schemes -> More Options -> Do not launch new instance of ARCHICAD when placing a view onto Layout setting was checked, drawings could not be placed, only an empty frame appeared.
- 165550 DOCUMENT: Interactive Schedule didn't show the Integer value list properly.
- 160250 DOCUMENT: mulitplane roof pitch was not listed properly.
- 143997 DOCUMENT: Particular symbol fill could cause large PDF file.
- 158237 DOCUMENT: PDF saved on Windows and opened in Preview on a MAC (or placed into ARCHICAD) rendered unreadable text with faulty tracking. Read more about the issue here: Troubleshooting/UnreadablePdf
- 166656 DOCUMENT: Rendered image could be black in Lightworks, if 3D Cutaway blocked Sun and Sky objects.
- 159404 DOCUMENT: Reviewer did notwork with newer Java applets.
- 159411 DOCUMENT: Some Master Layouts hid Elements with New Renovation Status.
- 148152 DOCUMENT: When listing objects in Interactive Schedule there was no criteria referring the Zone that they were placed in.
- 158118 DOCUMENT: Zones which were overridden by renovation and MVO lost their renovation override style in the saved and printed pdf.
- 163334 EDIT: Align Texture was working erroneously with curved and slanted beams.
- 163331 EDIT: Aling Texture's Set Origin worked erroneously on curved walls.
- 158581 EDIT: Changed IFC properties weren't kept when saving a Favorite from the Element.
- 161572 EDIT: After copy-pasting Story-linked elements to the upmost story, they loose their linked status.
- 161862 EDIT: Crash could occur when adjusting Editing plane.
- 165558 EDIT: Editing a mesh could cause crash.
- 165270 EDIT: First floor could not be selected as scheduling criteria in the following language versions: CZE, CHI, JPN, NOR, RUS, USA
- 164347 EDIT: Force Guide Line command didn't work with the Door, Window tools.
- 161123, 162933 EDIT: If a parameter of an object was changed in section or elevation view, when switched to another section/elevation view the object would not be updated.
- 160818 EDIT: If Resize command was used repeatedly to modify an element, Resize ratio values once set were not retained in the element's pop-up window.
- 164149 EDIT: If you mirror a fill with the Area text display on then after editing the mirrored fill the area text got dispositioned.
- 163894 EDIT: In section selecting and changing grouped elements did not have an effect on the invisible elements.
- 165052 EDIT: Placing Doors and Windows Using Special Snap Constraint went wrong when guide line was active.
- 162129 EDIT: Position of a traced detail on another detail view could be inconsistent.
- 157406 EDIT: Status of zones with geometry method changed from "Manual" to "Inner Edge" were incorrect and they couldn't be updated.
- 160927 EDIT: Surface renovation override did not work for Morph.
- 163783 EDIT: Updating zones could cause crash in certain situations.
- 160814 EDIT: When heights of hotspots of mesh were edited one after the other the last used command were not retained by Pet Palette.
- 160310, 163982 EDIT: Windows with Custom Corner and Corner Windows were not placed where the first feedback showed.
- 163889 EDIT: Could not paste rich text or figure into ARCHICAD.
- 159768 ENERGY EVALUATION: Central Boiler Unmet Load Hours was erroneously calculated under certain circumstances.
- 161508 ENERGY EVALUATION: Cooling's and Ventilation's auxiliary system data were missing from Report.xls.
- 160025 ENERGY EVALUATION: Default system characteristics of a new cooling machine were wrong.
- 165033 ENERGY EVALUATION: Discrepancy could appear in solar radiation percentage of openings.
- 165218 ENERGY EVALUATION: Energy Evaluation calculation didn't finish and an error message appeared.
- 160923 ENERGY EVALUATION: In particular files sewage calculation was wrong if Local Heat Pump was used for Service Hot Water Generation.
- 162053 ENERGY EVALUATION: Service Hot Water Heating and Sewage didn't appear on the Energy Balance in certain circumstances.
- 159888 ENERGY EVALUATION: Setting BoilerSystem -> Heat Loss value could cause erroneous efects on the simulation result.
- 165258 ENERGY EVALUATION: Solar absorptance unit was missing in case of Tree View
- 166044 ENERGY EVALUATION: Switching between radio buttons on the Climate Data dialog could crash ARCHICAD.
- 161037 ENERGY EVALUATION: The Cooling quantity in the report didn't match with the quantity in the xls.
- 161507 ENERGY EVALUATION: The Target of the Renewable Energy Source was missing from the 2nd and 3rd bar charts of the Report.PDF's Energy Consumption by Sources chapter, if Heat Pump or Solar collector is used for heating.
- 163880 ENERGY EVALUATION: Warning message could appear in Energy evaluation because some polygons weren't segmented.
- 161509 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Auxiliary Electricity appears on Report.pdf if District Cooling was used.
- 160058 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Central Cooling Machine was unable to meet cooling demand, even with maximum capacity.
- 161589 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Cooling Energy Quantity was wrong in the Energy Consumption chapters of the Report.pdf.
- 160922 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Energy Consumption calculation of Heat Pumps used for Service Hot Water Heating was wrong.
- 161454 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Energy source and target quantities were wrong on Report.pdf if cooling machine was used.
- 161465 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Peak Cooling data was wrong on Report.pdf if cooling machine was used.
- 161489 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Primary Energy calculation of heat pump for heating was wrong.
- 160944 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Sewage calculation was wrong if Central Heat Pump was used for Service Hot Water Generation.
- 162001 ENERGY EVALUATION: With particular file Solar Collector Type setting had no effect on calculation.
- 163905 FILE/DWG/EXPORT/ÖNORM: Only attributes with values were exported to DWG.
- 163928 FILE/DWG/EXPORT/ÖNORM: Text settings of zones' text blocks were lost.
- 163191 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: A specific combination of template and translator settings caused DWG export to resulte in a 0kb faulty DWG file.
- 165560 FILE/DWG/IMPORT: Relinking, opening DWG could cause crash.
- 159637 FILE/EXPORT/PDF: Trace Reference wasn't exported to PDF if Rotated Orientation was set and there were Elements far from Origin.
- 164938 FILE/EXPORT/SKETCHUP: Usage of national characters in the add-ons directory resulted in the export of a 0 kb sketchup file.
- 164496 FILE/IFC: Improved export and import of large models.
- 159569 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Element quantities can be exported into custom properties. Read more about this here: RegistryKeys/ArchiCADQuantities
- 162596 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: IFC Quantities 'GrossFloorArea' and 'NetFloorArea' were switched upon IFC export.
- 143209 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Openings with slanted reveal might look incorrect in IFC.
- 161549 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Warning message that "Some elements could not be exported due to missing geometry" appeared after exporting empty openings.
- 163271 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: After importing a particular IFC file 2D symbol of doors were missing and viewing their settings brought up error message.
- 165612 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: If the column settings in the default template had a veneer, IFC imported columns would inherit this veneer.
- 147046 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Wall niche became an opening when imported into ARCHICAD.
- 161699 FILE/MIGRATION: After migrating a file containing elements very far from the origin the coordinates of elements could double.
- 165203 FREEZE: A mouse clicked in certain regions close to a spline could make ARCHICAD unresponsive.
- 163057 FREEZE: Non-responsive behaviour occurred when background processing of 3d elements refused to allow user interaction.
- 160731 FREEZE: On Mac ARCHICAD seemed to be freezing due to the fact that the publishing window came back behind the main ARCHICAD window after switching between applications.
- 163391 GDL: CALL function couldn't be rebuild, when it was used for macro name.
- 163963 HOTLINK: Hotlink update did not work with particular file.
- 161479 HOTLINK: In the Host file Hotlinked Zones weren't scheduled properly. Several Zone parameters appeared to be 0 instead of the real value.
- 161045 HOTLINK/LIBRARY HANDLING: Deleted or broken Hotlink's Embedded library couldn't be removed from the Host file.
- 163791 INSTALL: Hotfix or additional installations could only be made by the same user who had installed ARCHICAD because limted permission of the newly created folders.
- 163409 MODEL: After deleting a wall and then undoing the operation the original intersection geometry with a roof was not restored.
- 157576 MODEL: Align 3D command didn't work on polygonal Walls.
- 161498 MODEL: Align 3D Texture commands had no effect on Beams.
- 162032 MODEL: Checking and correcting code was added to better handle 3D junction data.
- 161832 MODEL: Curved beams didn't cut walls.
- 163209 MODEL: Sun and sky objects did not work with marquee.
- 165856 MODEL: textures with alpha channel appeared incorrectly with black patches on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- 165619 MODEL: When a Wall-end was placed with a height parameter lower then the floor cut plane, window related error message erroneously appeared.
- 156754 SPEED: Slowdown or freeze could happen while having multiple ARCHICAD instances running side by side.
- 164880 TEAMWORK: Changing Elevation Dimension' level wasn't send to the server, thus different teammates could see different Dimensions.
- 165880 TEAMWORK: In special cases level dimensions could be sources of Teamwork join errors
- 159171 TEAMWORK: Project backups created with previous versions could not be imported in BIM Server Manager
- 161576 TEAMWORK: There were GDL elements that could make a file sharable, but not joinable.
- 162760 TEAMWORK/EDIT: Composites could be edited while not reserved in TW.
- 160546 TEAMWORK/FREEZE: If many people were active in a teamwork project, one viewer of an Interactive Schedules could experience erratic scrolling and/or non-responsive behavior.
- 156759 USER INTERFACE: Navigating in 2D using 3Dconnexion Space Navigator worked in wrong direction.
- 165663 USER INTERFACE: When using ARCHICAD on two displays palettes with left side title bar could get inaccessible on MAC OS X 10.9 after dragging them to the border area between two displays.
Download this Hotfix
|Download||Language||Windows||Mac OSX||Last modified|
|ARCHICAD 17 Hotfix 7 (Build 6004)||INT, AUS, AUT, BRA, CHE, CZE, FIN, FRA, GER, GRE, HUN, ITA, JPN, NED, NOR, NZE, POL, POR, RUS, SPA, SWE, USA||259.4 MB||245.9 MB||May 7, 2014|