This Update contains many Teamwork and BIM Server related and other improvements since the original release of ARCHICAD 18 (Build 3006).
The Update applies to ARCHICAD, BIM Server and all other components: BIMx, MEP Modeler and all GRAPHISOFT-distributed Add-Ons and Goodies. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license types.
Tested for: ARCHICAD 18 AUS, AUT, BRA, CHE, CHI, CZE, FIN, FRA, GER, GRE, HUN, INT, ITA, JPN, KOR, NED, NOR, NZE, POL, POR, RUS, SPA, SWE, TAI, TUR, UKI, USA
Last modified: Jul. 5, 2016
- The Update process will automatically search your computer for ARCHICAD 18 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner STAR and all GRAPHISOFT Add-Ons) and for GRAPHISOFT BIM Server
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Start the full installation process using an administrator account.
- Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed).
- If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally. For Mac users: make sure to mount the installation dmg while being signed in with the administrator account that you always use to install or patch GRAPHISOFT products.
- After installing this Update connecting to License Servers with CodeMeter driver older than 5.00 will not be possible. In such cases the update of the License Server is necessary. CodeMeter Driver 5.22a can be downloaded from here.
- If you have multiple copies of ARCHICAD on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD.
For GRAPHISOFT BIM Server
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of updating the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended.
- If the BIM Server does not start immediately after installation, please restart the computer.
- On Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 you have to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the update.
- On Windows Server operating systems Windows Server Manager application must be closed prior to applying the update.
Important Note for Teamwork Users
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs and the BIM Server/BIMcloud* all have the identical version and build number. Please make sure that you update BIM Server/BIMcloud* along with the ARCHICAD client applications used in Teamwork.
* With an ARCHICAD client application you can connect either to a GRAPHISOFT BIM Server or to a GRAPHISOFT BIMcloud. The current Update installer is able to update ARCHICAD client applications and GRAPHISOFT BIM Server applications. The BIMcloud Update can be reached here.
Deployed Installation of the Update
Using Deployed Installation it is possible to distribute and install Updates on multiple computers in an automated way.
Details on deployed installation and MSI package downloads
List of Improvements in this Update
This Update focuses on Teamwork enhancements and contains various fixes since the original release of ARCHICAD 18.
Detailed list of improvements and fixed issues in ARCHICAD 18 Updates