This Update provides an important fix to a regression bug of BIM Server Update build 7006: The default permission for the 'Everyone' user group was not visible on the BIM Server Manager's Access Panel.
It is not a cumulative Update, this means ARCHICAD 19 Update Build 7006 must be applied first before installing this BIM Server Update build 7012.
The Update applies to BIM Server only. It does not apply to ARCHICAD. The Updated BIM Server will work together with ARCHICAD Build 7006 without any problems.
Tested for: ARCHICAD 1 AUS, AUT, BRA, CHI, CHE, CZE, FIN, FRA, GER, GRE, HUN, INT, ITA, JPN, NED, NOR, NZE, POL, POR, RUS, SPA, SWE, TUR, UKI, USA, KOR, TAI
Last modified: Oct 28, 2016
- The Update process will automatically search your computer for GRAPHISOFT BIM Server.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Start the full installation process using an administrator account.
- Make sure none of the BIM Server components are modified (e.g. renamed).
- Also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally. For Mac users: make sure to mount the installation dmg while being signed in with the administrator account that you always use to install or update GRAPHISOFT products.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker for the time of the BIM Server installation.
- The BIM Server will be stopped automatically, during the time of updating the BIM Server application, projects will be suspended.
- If the BIM Server does not start immediately after installation, please restart the computer.
- On Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 you have to manually stop all BIM Server services prior to applying the update.
Important Note for Teamwork Users
ARCHICAD client applications can be used for Teamwork by connecting them to GRAPHISOFT BIM Server. Teamwork requires ARCHICAD clients and the BIM Server to use compatible Build Numbers. In some cases the ARCHICAD & BIM Server Build Numbers are not identical, since GRAPHISOFT can release an update to either component only while still maintaining compatibility between them. The latest available Update from each product can be checked on our comparison site.
List of Improvements in this Update
This Update solves the following bugs:
- 216426 BIM Server: The default permission for the 'Everyone' user group was not visible on the BIM Server Manager's Access Panel. http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=63312
- 215427 BIM Server: Some roles (like "Architect" and "Lead Architect") could get damaged, and could not be duplicated.