Releasing the add-on
If your add-on will be part of an ArchiCAD package, you should be aware of a few things:
- Stick to the deadlines. If you can't then SHOUT in advance; a two-three-day delay's effect could be devastating (especially if we don't know about it).
- Get all the materials you are responsible of together before time (source code, localizable things, library parts, documentation etc.)
- Supply alpha (= feature frozen) and beta (= interface frozen) materials to Quality Assurance and to the specificator.
- Don't make big changes to the code after beta testing has started (only authorized bug fixes should be allowed).
- Also be aware, that the latest bug fixes should arrive to Graphisoft at least a week before the final version is built; we do not make changes to the source code that close to the release date unless absolutely necessary.
- Don't reorganize your code and renumber resources unless you are asked; this would create unnecessary workload for the testers and localizers.
- If -by any chance- bugs are found in your code, correct only those, then send the corrections ASAP to the person responsible for the project.