Graphisoft Announces ARCHICAD 9 International, German and US Editions
Latest Release Enriches Capabilities of the Flagship Product ARCHICAD; Powerful New Functionality, Polished Workflow and Even More Easy To Use, ARCHICAD 9 Maximizes Architectural Productivity and Drives Innovation.
Budapest, September 01, 2004 - Graphisoft® announced today that Graphisoft ARCHICAD® 9, its award-winning Virtual Building™ solutions technology, will ship for Macintosh® and Windows® platforms in mid-September. ARCHICAD 9 delivers new and enriched capabilities designed to help users compete for business more effectively and boost business efficiency. The enhancements re inforce ARCHICAD as an exceptionally powerful design tool for firms, large and small, worldwide.
"We have had tremendously positive feedback from our customers as we went through the development of ARCHICAD 9 with them. It is a delight to see so many users go into production with version 9, well before our official product shipment," said Bence Kovacs, Vice President of Product Management. "With increased ease-of-use and enhanced features for greater productivity than ever before, ARCHICAD 9 represents the most comprehensive Virtual Building™ solution for the architectural profession."
Graphisoft's ARCHICAD 9 powers the designs of buildings of all sizes, from initial design concept to realization, in a single model. The software's new features and capabilities are a direct result of Graphisoft's dedication to its customers in soliciting their feedback and truly understanding their needs. With this latest release, ARCHICAD provides greater ease-of-use, a more polished workflow and more powerful functionality.
Ease of Use
Architects seek the tool that will allow them to focus on design - the art of their profession - not the challenge of mastering the working methods of various computer-aided design (CAD) and modeling tools. ARCHICAD 9 offers architects a fresh look and feel with a simpler, uncluttered interface, making it easier than ever before for both long-time users and beginners to gain access to the full power of the Virtual Building™. As a result, architects can use ARCHICAD 9 to spend more time on what they enjoy doing most - designing. "ARCHICAD speaks the language of architects," said Chris Phillips, of Seymour Harris Architects, U.K. "Because it is created expressly for architects, ARCHICAD is simple to use on a daily basis for communication with colleagues and clients, presentation and visualization, while the software saves us work by producing 2D documentation as a by-product."
In addition to its new, scalable interface, ARCHICAD 9 delivers greater ease-of-use to architects with features that include:
- A new palette layout, allowing up to 50% more screen real estate.
- Docking palettes to help to keep the work area organized.
- Customizable Tool Box that gives easy access to the most commonly used tools.
- Intelligent area-based selection that provides easy access to elements, even in a complex modeling environment.
- Enhanced library search that makes an abundance of intelligent GDL objects easily accessible.
ARCHICAD has been designed from the start to support the way architects think and work on a day-to-day basis, and Graphisoft continues to refine the world's best workflow for the architectural practice. In ARCHICAD 9, Graphisoft worked closely with its customer base to refine existing functions in order to better meet its users' needs. These enhancements will significantly reduce iterative work and further increase productivity. A few examples:
- Enhanced, context-sensitive editing tools (Pet Palettes) offer quicker drafting and element modification.
- Floor-plan hatches applicable for Slabs, Roofs, Zones and Meshes save time while creating the Virtual Building model and offer more possibilities for categorization.
- Enhanced support of Adobe® PDF file output allows for easy creation of PDF files while producing more sophisticated end-results.
- AutoCAD® DWG files can be drag-and-dropped into ARCHICAD and allows easy access to web-based DWG libraries.
- Renowned cross-platform compatibility up to the latest version of DWG 2005.
- Several refinements in the DWG/DXF interface make the import/export process easier with a richer end result.
- A sophisticated NCS compliant grid-based drawing numbering system makes the management of large documentation sets virtually effortless.
- Improved installer options provide efficient maintenance of the software environment in larger offices.
- Support of terminal server technology enables users to work with ARCHICAD from a remote location over the Internet.
Powerful New Functionality
ARCHICAD 9 offers robust new functions that improve productivity when creating presentations and architectural documentation. Top new productivity-boosting features include enhanced text formatting, innovative customization features, and the industry-leading rendering engine. "We are constantly seeking ways to optimize our work," said Eric Batte, Vice President, McCleary/German Architects, Houston, U.S. "ARCHICAD's new customization features will enable us to create a flexible, yet ordered work environment that allows our designers to fully concentrate on their work but, at the same time, gives us control over the final product: the paper drawings. Other new features are helping us to eliminate inconsistencies in our documents, which further reduce our overhead during document production and during construction. We anticipate that ARCHICAD 9 will deliver significant benefits to our firm's processes for years to come."
ARCHICAD 9 also provides:
- The implementation of LightWorks® , the industry standard, high-quality rendering engine that dramatically boosts presentation capabilities and supports dual processor machines for high performance.
- Speed has been substantially increased, especially in key areas like automatic section generation, which is up to ten times faster in ARCHICAD 9.
- A new, powerful text-editing tool allows architects to create and import richer text information quickly and easily.
- Work Environment customization enhances productivity and increases staff performance.
- Users can now share customized Work Environments, providing a powerful tool for CAD managers to create and maintain company standards.
The International, German and US editions will be available from mid-September. Most localized versions will be shipped by the end of the year. For information regarding the availability of ARCHICAD 9, please contact your nearest authorized reseller. To locate a reseller near you, visit http://www.graphisoft.com/distributors.