ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 Roll-out Starts Today
BUDAPEST, January 11, 2013 – GRAPHISOFT today announced the release of ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 starting with the German and Austrian versions. ArchiCAD STAR(T) EDITION 2013 runs on the robust, well-tested engine of ArchiCAD 16 for unparalleled speed and performance, and is optimized for smaller-sized firms in the architectural design software market.
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 contains all the tools necessary to create the BIM model from which the entire architectural documentation and the list of materials can be derived. The new release introduces functions to STAR(T) Edition users including:
- MORPH Tool: The Morph Tool introduces direct modeling capabilities into the native BIM environment, allowing element creation with any custom geometry in an intuitive, graphical way, featuring popular modeling techniques, like Push & Pull.
- SHELL Tool: From the simplest barrel vaults to the most sophisticated rib vaults, the architect has always aspired to combine durability, utility and beauty. The Shell tool supports the broadest spectrum of architectural shapes and forms found in both classical and modern architecture.
- Profile Manager: Create and save a wide variety of extruded forms for quick conceptual design or highly detailed composite structures that connect based on priority. Assign custom materials, define core, and finish components for a fully functional workflow.
- Profiled/Slanted Walls, Columns and Beams: Walls, Columns, and Beams can now have complex geometry that is easily achieved with the help of the profile manager. Using the slant property of the Wall and Column tool open a whole new array of possibilities in design.
- IFC Support: ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 supports the import/export and data structure of the IFC standard. The Open BIM workflow supported by the IFC protocol enables collaboration between architects and engineers regardless of their discipline or the name and version of their application.
- External Drawings: Link PDF, DWG/DXF or Image files in your project and handle them dynamically with ArchiCAD STAR(T) EDITION 2013.
- BIM Components: Access the cloud-based BIM component database right from ArchiCAD Start Edition 2013. Create, share, upload and download custom BIM elements instantly, and find library parts both locally and on the portal by searching for keywords.
- 3D Editing Enhancements: Handy improvements in 3D editing take the guesswork out of 3D modeling input. Place, or move and elevate objects anywhere in one move. 3D feedback makes the split and rotate commands easy to use. Advanced editing plane handling and a series of new “smart cursor” variants make precise input even easier.
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 offers an unparalleled, all-round BIM package at a very competitive price – but price alone should not drive the purchase decision. BIM is a serious commitment and those interested are urged to take the time to ask for a free demonstration at one of GRAPHISOFT’s local representatives.
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 German and Austrian versions will be available beginning January 14, while the International version will start shipping on January 18. Additional local versions are launching subsequently during Q1 2013.
For more information about ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013, please visit the official product website.
GRAPHISOFT® ignited the BIM revolution in 1984 with ArchiCAD®, the industry first BIM software for architects. GRAPHISOFT continues to lead the industry with innovative solutions such as its revolutionary BIMcloud®, the world’s first real-time BIM collaboration environment, EcoDesigner® STAR, the world’s first fully BIM-integrated “GREEN” design solution and BIMx®, the world’s leading mobile app for BIM visualization. GRAPHISOFT has been a part of the Nemetschek Group since its acquisition in 2007.