Virtual Building Explorer for ARCHICAD 13
New release expands to Macintosh users
Budapest, November 3, 2009 - GRAPHISOFT, the global leader in Virtual Building™ solutions, today announced the release of the Virtual Building Explorer solution for ARCHICAD 13. This new release for ARCHICAD 13 introduces Virtual Building Explorer to Macintosh users as well. Supported operating systems are now Mac OSX 10.5, 10.6 and Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-64-bit, and Windows 7.
The GRAPHISOFT Virtual Building Explorer (VBE) allows architects to present their virtual building projects in a revolutionary new way. It combines the fun and easy navigation of a first-person video game with the power of intelligent virtual building models to allow users to easily share designs with colleagues and partners. New features of VBE for AC13 include:
- Option to save self-running application cross platform (Win/Mac) project files
- Option to measure distances in imperial or metric units
- New Ray-tracing rendering engine (“Headlight”) with optional sun shadows (F3)
- New rendering styles (“Goraud” and “Metal”) for quick navigation in larger models
- New Background Options: Sky, Black, Gradient
- Option to display the Sun Flare during navigation
The upgrade for VBE for AC13 is free for all VBE for AC12 customers. VBE for AC13 can be downloaded from the VBE website. VBE for AC12 customers can use the same license serial number and password to run VBE for AC13 but must first deactivate their VBE for AC12. The pricing and product options (VBE/VBE G with Radiosity) for new customers are identical to the previous version. For information on purchasing VBE for AC13, please contact your nearest ARCHICAD reseller.