ARCHICAD 21 Update 5021 Released
Today we have started to publicly release the next Updates of v21 for the AUS, AUT, CHE, FRA, GER, INT, NZE, UKI and USA language versions.
This is our second Update for ARCHICAD 21, that includes a couple of new features as well as bug fixes.
- PDF Reviewer Tool connection (Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam etc.)
With this solution, we provide a complete, bi-directional workflow between ARCHICAD and any standard PDF reviewer tool, such as Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam. The solution improves communication and collaboration among architects, engineers and other project stakeholders during PDF-based project management. Bi-directional means that all the markups created in the PDF editor can be imported back to ARCHICAD, where they are transformed into Markup entries which appear in the correct location, helping the user to understand and solve the issue.
- Link Rhino (.3dm)
We have further improved collaboration between ARCHICAD and Rhinoceros – a popular free-form modeling tool – by adding new import options. The user can link Rhino source files (.3dm) into ARCHICAD, and update, relink etc. in the usual way, similarly to the Link IFC feature introduced in ARCHICAD 21. Also, Rhino files can be imported into ARCHICAD as an Object, so the new command directly imports Rhino models into ARCHICAD’s Embedded Library as a GDL Object. This command replaces the “Rhino-GDL Converter” Add-On, released for ARCHICAD 18, 19 and 20.
ARCHICAD 20 Update 7001 Released
Today we have released the next Updates of ARCHICAD 20, BIM Server 20 and BIMcloud 20. The same update packages have already been available as a preview in the last few weeks, today we made them publicly available.
The updates are available for all of the language versions through ARCHICAD’s Check for Updates feature.
You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here:
CodeMeter Hardware key conversion in Update installers
As you might have noticed already, lately Apple has started to become less tolerant with 3rd party hardware devices that are reached through a so-called Kernel Extension. Because of this the CodeMeter driver’s Kernel Extension already needs manual approval on macOS 10.13. If the above trend continues, 3rd party Kernel Extensions might get completely blocked with macOS 10.14 in September 2018. This means, that users upgrading to macOS 10.14 might not be able to run ARCHICAD from CodeMeter hardware licenses altogether and will need to have their keys replaced with new, compatible ones! To avoid the above from happening, CodeMeter hardware keys need to be converted to a format that remains compatible with future versions of macOS. To make this as easy and convenient as possible, we are extending our Update installers with a converter tool to enable a straightforward key conversion process. The following new Updates will contain the conversion:
- ARCHICAD 19 Update 9001 – released today for all languages!
- This is the same Update that we released in 2017 June, now repackaged with the converter tool as an addition:
- Check for Updates will offer this Update only when it’s relevant: for those, who haven’t installed 9001 yet, and for those who have, but run ARCHICAD from a local single license key that needs conversion
- ARCHICAD 20 Update 8000
- ARCHICAD 21 Update 6000
- LMT Update 2018
- prefer to do the conversion independently from an ARCHICAD/LMT Update
- use NET keys (plugged into computers where ARCHICAD or LMT is not installed)
- use GRAPHISOFT products that won’t receive a converter Update
BIMx now supports Apple iPhone X Super Retina display
We are pleased to announce that a new BIMx Update (Version 2018.1.1349) is available from today in App Store. The latest version of our award-winning application elegantly supports the extended, full screen iPhone X, without cropping the screen’s content. Hyper-models fill every pixel of the screen, ensuring a stunning presentation experience. In addition, all BIMx controls have been adjusted to support Apple’s newly-introduced gestures.
Together, BIMx and iPhone X offer the ultimate design presentation experience on a handheld device.
Read more about this new feature on the BIMx site.
ARCHICAD 21 INT Library Update Released
We have started to release a Library Update for ARCHICAD 21. In this Update we extended the ARCHICAD 21 library with additional content to provide more flexibility with the new Stair & Railing Tools:
- Stair Tread: new ‘Custom profiled’ accessory introduced
- Stair Tread: new ‘Raised strip for tread edge’ accessory introduced
- Stair Structure – Stringer: secondary support introduced
- Stair Structure – Cantilevered: new ‘Rod’ accessory introduced (for stairs with stringers)
- Stair: 3D hotspots for beams and stringers in 3D and Sections/Elevations
- Stair: Special label introduced: dimensions and stair rules can be listed out
- Railing Panel: new ‘Wall panel’ introduced
- Railing: the Settings Interface has new design in some places.
This Library Update is currently available from ARCHICAD’s Check for Updates function for the INT version.
You can check the Release Notes at our download site.
We will release this Library Update for the other markets as well – later this year. Upcoming Library Update packages: FRA, ITA, USA, UKI, GER, AUT, NZE, AUS, NED, SPA, BRA, HUN, POL, RUS, NOR.
In language versions released/to be released from Build 4000 or higher, the above features are already included within the release installer, therefore this update will not be available for them. These languages are: JPN, POR, CHE, CHI, CZE, GRE, KOR, SWE, TAI and TUR.
Grasshopper - ARCHICAD 21 Live Connection Tool Released
We are pleased to inform you about the release of the Grasshopper–ARCHICAD Live Connection Tool for ARCHICAD 21, Win and Mac (version 1.8).
This release provides several new features for those who wish to use algorithmic design in a BIM environment:
- New method for slab creation via nested surfaces with holes,
- Shortened response time in ARCHICAD to changes applied in Grasshopper,
- Increased stability when sending large element count to ARCHICAD,
- 50 percent faster Rhino preview.
ARCHICAD 21 Update 4022 Released
We have started to release the first ARCHICAD 21 Update publicly. The update is already available for the INT, AUS, UKI, USA, GER and AUT languages through ARCHICAD’s Check For Updates feature. The update will be available for the rest of the language versions as soon as it passes our Quality Control.
You can read the Release Notes and download the Update packages from here:
BIMcloud / BIM Server 20 Update 6025 for macOS
We are just about to release the version 20 side of the solution for the compatibility issue discovered between BIMclouds / BIM Servers and macOS 10.12’s Timer Coalescing feature.
For those who already installed Update 6022, Update 6025 delivers the solution:
We replaced all previous 6022 installers with the newly created 6025, that contains the solution.
As 6022 has already been released for the following language versions: INT, AUS, USA, UKI, NZE, NED, NOR, GER, AUT, FRA, CHE, JPN, ITA – please make sure to update the affected BIMcloud / BIM Servers.
Changes in ARCHICAD supported versions
ARCHICAD 21 has started shipping, and in accordance with GRAPHISOFT Customer Support policy, support for previous versions changes as follows:
- ARCHICAD 18 is no longer supported. GRAPHISOFT 2nd Tier Support (GRAPHISOFT headquarters) will not process ARCHICAD 18 related cases anymore..
- ARCHICAD 19 will not get any more Updates. The recently released Update 9001 was the last. 2nd Tier Support will still process ARCHICAD 19 related cases and strive to provide reasonable workaround solutions for any remaining issues.
- ARCHICAD 20 and ARCHICAD 21 will receive regular Updates in the future.
ARCHICAD 20 Update 6005 Released
Today we have started to publicly release the next Update of ARCHICAD 20. This Update has been available as a preview version already and based on the feedback of the preview period we have slightly modified the Manager component of the server update packages.
The Update is already available for the AUT, AUS, GER, INT, NZE, UKI and USA versions, followed by the rest of the language versions as soon as they pass our Quality Control. You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from our download sites:
- ARCHICAD 20 Update 6005 & BIM Server 20 Update 6022
- BIMcloud Manager 20 Update 6022 & BIMcloud Server & Delta Cache 20 Update 6006
Grasshopper Connection Add-On compatibility
With this new Update of ARCHICAD we are introducing changes that needs a new, compatible Grasshopper Add-On as well. Please find the newest version of the Grasshopper Connection Add-On (Build 6022) on our download site: on the Rhino - Grasshopper - ARCHICAD Toolset download page.
Beware that this new Grasshopper Add-On is only compatible with the new 6005 ARCHICAD Update and not the previous ones.
ARCHICAD 19 Update 9001 Released
Today we have started to publicly release the last Updates of ARCHICAD, BIM Server and BIMcloud 19. The packages have already been available as a preview on our Downloads site since April and we haven’t received any regression issues with them. As of today, the Check for Updates function in ARCHICAD 19 will offer this Update 9001 for most of the language versions:
- INT, AUS, USA, UKI, NZE, GER, AUT, NED, NOR, SWE, FRA, CHE, JPN, ITA, FIN, HUN, POL
The Update will be available for the rest of the language versions as soon as they pass Quality Control.
Read the Release Notes & download the Update packages from our sites:
New version of GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2017
A new version of the GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD Connection Add-In has been released for Revit 2017.
It contains a very important IFC import improvement/new feature:
- Revit’s native IFC importer is not able to import IFC Spaces (equal to ARCHICAD Zones) having complex geometry correctly.
- The new GRAPHISOFT-developed Add-In version imports them as Revit Room elements. It also works for IFC models contain only BREP (non-parametric) elements.
This essential update gives more enhanced space sharing between ARCHICAD and Revit than the native Revit’s import functions.
BIMx 2017 Q1 Update
We are pleased to inform you that the 2017 Q1 update for BIMx and BIMx PRO been released both on iOS and Android.
The new functions:
- Google Drive is now supported in BIMx to transfer Hyper-models on all desktop and mobile operating systems (including Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and iOS as well as Google Android devices).
- Apple AirDrop is also supported in BIMx, making it easy to transfer Hyper-models among any iOS or Mac OS devices.
- New options for sharing Hyper-model with friends and business partners:
- as an interactive, panoramic 360 Photo on Facebook
- as a Tweet or LinkedIn update, with embedded camera view, directly from the BIMx model
- or using any other sharing methods (email, iMessage, Messenger, Viber, Yammer, etc.) for which you have installed the appropriate app.
- Also several bugs were fixed.
No licensing changes in this update. Previously purchased BIMx licenses are unaffected by the update.
Updated License Manager Tool (LMT) Released
We have released the updated version of our License Manager Tool in 7 language versions (INT, SPA, ITA, JPN, FRA, GER, CHI): You can download the installers from here.
Until December 18 both the old and the new versions of the LMT can be used.
Starting from December 19 only the new version of the LMT will work. The old LMT will notify users that a mandatory LMT update is available. From this date on, the old LMT version can’t be used and users must download and install the new LMT version to be able to do any licence management (transferring, updating licenses, etc.).
Please note, that the above – two-step – LMT launch enables IT and BIM Managers of large offices to perform the necessary update on time, ensuring uninterrupted workflow for the users.
Here are the most important improvements of the new LMT (Build 220.127.116.1156) compared to the previous LMT version (Build 18.104.22.16811):
- The CodeMeter/Wibu driver has an updated process when checking for updates,
- Fully refreshed and modern user interface,
- Unified GSID login workflow,
- Chinese localization,
- CEnhanced software key upload process,
- Faster Software key availability after key transfer action.
GRAPHISOFT API Developer Portal Launched
We are glad to announce the launch of ARCHICAD API Developer Site, the new central connection point for ARCHICAD add-on developers. The goal of this site is to have all GRAPHISOFT’s API-related information in one place: online registration, official documentation, frequently asked questions, and a blog.
The site is intended for developers, not general users.
Highlights of new site:
- Smooth and polished API registration process to fit the needs of the modern world. After you obtained your GSID, you can immediately register to become an ARCHICAD API developer!
- Current and past Development Kits are available for download.
- Browse and search the latest API documentation, the FAQs, and the blog posts.
- View developer information on your profile page.