"IFC Model Exchange with ARCHICAD" Add-in for Revit 2019 Released
IFC Model Exchange with ARCHICAD Add-In has been released for Revit 2019 and in the following language versions: INT, GER, ITA, JPN and CHI.
The new Add-In offers extra optional functions to customize the IFC import and export settings of Revit 2019.
Click here for more info and the download link.
- The name of this Add-In has been changed to IFC Model Exchange with ARCHICAD (previously: ARCHICAD Connection for Revit) to emphasize its focus on the IFC connection between the two programs.
- All language versions are provided in a single download file.
ARCHICAD 21 & 22 Public Updates Released
Today we have made the final version of our next ARCHICAD 21 (7000) & 22 (4005) Updates available. We have created and tested packages for the INT, USA, AUS, UKI and NZE versions so far and they all passed our Quality Control. The Check for Updates feature should notify you about the new version already. We will keep testing the rest of the language versions, and release them as they pass our Quality Control.
GRAPHISOFT has been testing ARCHICAD 21 and 22 against the available Beta versions of macOS 10.14 Mojave. Based on our findings, we have also included some fixes specifically for this macOS upgrade, which is going to be released Publicly today as well.
As the Public Release of macOS 10.14 will somewhat differ from the Betas, we recommend early adopter users to only upgrade if they have the option to roll back to macOS 10.13. Otherwise we recommend users to keep using ARCHICAD on macOS 10.13 High Sierra to avoid any unforeseeable issues. ARCHICAD compatibility with macOS 10.14 is explained further in our related Help Center article. This article will be updated with newer information once we have feedback from the macOS 10.14 release.
You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.
BIMcloud 2018.2.1 Released
We have released BIMcloud 2018.2.1. The unified installer package is already accessible on the BIMcloud download site. We have tested the package with the AUS, AUT, BRA, FRA, GER, HUN, INT, ITA, NED, NOR, NZE, POL, RUS, SPA, UKI and USA language versions so far and support for other versions is coming soon.
The BIMcloud package can be used to install, extend or update any BIMcloud components. BIM Server users starting with version 19 can also use the same package to update their BIM Servers to BIMcloud Basic to get the latest improvements and fixes.
Changes in ARCHICAD supported versions
As ARCHICAD 22 has started shipping, and in accordance with GRAPHISOFT Customer Support policy, support for previous versions changes as follows:
- ARCHICAD 19 is no longer supported. GRAPHISOFT 2nd Tier Support (GRAPHISOFT headquarters) will not process ARCHICAD 19 related cases anymore.
- ARCHICAD 20 will not get any more Updates. The recently released Update 8005 was the last. 2nd Tier Support will still process ARCHICAD 20 related cases and strive to provide reasonable workaround solutions for any remaining issues.
- ARCHICAD 21 and ARCHICAD 22 will receive regular Updates in the future. The next updates are planned for this Fall.
ARCHICAD 20 - Update 8005 Released
Today we have made the final version of our last ARCHICAD 20 Update available. We have tested the packages with the AUS, AUT, FRA, GER, INT, ITA, NZE, POL, UKI, and USA versions so far and they all passed our Quality Control. The check for updates feature should notify you about the new version already.
We are not going to release a BIM Server 20 update compatible with this build. Instead BIM Server is now replaced with our new product BIMcloud Basic, so you have to upgrade to that in order to keep working in Teamwork with the new build of ARCHICAD 20. To make sure there wouldn’t be any compatibility issues when users start to upgrade, we will keep releasing the rest of the language versions at the same time we release the corresponding language version of BIMcloud Basic 2018.2.
You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from the Update Download site.
BIMcloud 2018.2 Released
We have released BIMcloud 2018.2. The unified installer package is already accessible on the BIMcloud download site. From this year there is only one BIMcloud package that contains all language versions (see the available languages on the download site) and it can be used to install, extend or update any BIMcloud components.
BIM Server users starting with version 19 can also use the same package to update their BIM Servers to BIMcloud Basic to get the latest fixes and improvements. Please watch this video to learn more about the changes. For further information about the update process please consult with our Help Center article.
BIMx Web Viewer Update
The recently launched BIMx Web Viewer has its first update on the BIMx Model Transfer site.
Based on feedback from our earliest adopters, we’ve increased the application speed. Enjoy a significant performance boost when loading a Hyper-model, zooming in/out on a Layout, and opening a 3D model or a Layout from the Hyper-model index.
Other enhancements are the extended maximum Zoom factor and smoother navigation between Layouts.
BIMx Web Viewer released
GRAPHISOFT has unveiled the browser-based version of BIMx, making ARCHICAD content navigable as an additional service of the BIMx Model Transfer site. The BIMx Web Viewer lets users and their clients access the full content of a Hyper-model, including 3D models, documentation and any BIM data without having to install an application or browser plug-in. Users can navigate directly in their browser window on both PC and Mac. Active SSA (Software Service Agreement) holders can easily embed BIMx Web Viewer in their own website to present their company’s portfolio to clients and prospects in a unique way.
Read more about this new BIMx version on the GRAPHISOFT Help Center.
CodeMeter Hardware key conversion in Update installers
As you might have noticed already, lately Apple has started to become less tolerant with 3rd party hardware devices that are reached through a so-called Kernel Extension. Because of this the CodeMeter driver’s Kernel Extension already needs manual approval on macOS 10.13.
If the above trend continues, 3rd party Kernel Extensions might get completely blocked with macOS 10.14 in September 2018. This means, that users upgrading to macOS 10.14 might not be able to run ARCHICAD from CodeMeter hardware licenses altogether and will need to have their keys replaced with new, compatible ones!
To avoid the above from happening, CodeMeter hardware keys need to be converted to a format that remains compatible with future versions of macOS. To make this as easy and convenient as possible, we are extending our Update installers with a converter tool to enable a straightforward key conversion process.
The following new Updates will contain the conversion:
- ARCHICAD 19 Update 9001 – released today for all languages!
- This is the same Update that we released in 2017 June, now repackaged with the converter tool as an addition:
- Check for Updates will offer this Update only when it’s relevant: for those, who haven’t installed 9001 yet, and for those who have, but run ARCHICAD from a local single license key that needs conversion
- ARCHICAD 20 Update 8000
- ARCHICAD 21 Update 6000
- LMT Update 2018
- prefer to do the conversion independently from an ARCHICAD/LMT Update
- use NET keys (plugged into computers where ARCHICAD or LMT is not installed)
- use GRAPHISOFT products that won’t receive a converter Update
BIMx now supports Apple iPhone X Super Retina display
We are pleased to announce that a new BIMx Update (Version 2018.1.1349) is available from today in App Store. The latest version of our award-winning application elegantly supports the extended, full screen iPhone X, without cropping the screen’s content. Hyper-models fill every pixel of the screen, ensuring a stunning presentation experience. In addition, all BIMx controls have been adjusted to support Apple’s newly-introduced gestures.
Together, BIMx and iPhone X offer the ultimate design presentation experience on a handheld device.
Read more about this new feature on the BIMx site.
ARCHICAD 21 INT Library Update Released
We have started to release a Library Update for ARCHICAD 21. In this Update we extended the ARCHICAD 21 library with additional content to provide more flexibility with the new Stair & Railing Tools:
- Stair Tread: new ‘Custom profiled’ accessory introduced
- Stair Tread: new ‘Raised strip for tread edge’ accessory introduced
- Stair Structure – Stringer: secondary support introduced
- Stair Structure – Cantilevered: new ‘Rod’ accessory introduced (for stairs with stringers)
- Stair: 3D hotspots for beams and stringers in 3D and Sections/Elevations
- Stair: Special label introduced: dimensions and stair rules can be listed out
- Railing Panel: new ‘Wall panel’ introduced
- Railing: the Settings Interface has new design in some places.
This Library Update is currently available from ARCHICAD’s Check for Updates function for the INT version.
You can check the Release Notes at our download site.
We will release this Library Update for the other markets as well – later this year. Upcoming Library Update packages: FRA, ITA, USA, UKI, GER, AUT, NZE, AUS, NED, SPA, BRA, HUN, POL, RUS, NOR.
In language versions released/to be released from Build 4000 or higher, the above features are already included within the release installer, therefore this update will not be available for them. These languages are: JPN, POR, CHE, CHI, CZE, GRE, KOR, SWE, TAI and TUR.
Grasshopper - ARCHICAD 21 Live Connection Tool Released
We are pleased to inform you about the release of the Grasshopper–ARCHICAD Live Connection Tool for ARCHICAD 21, Win and Mac (version 1.8).
This release provides several new features for those who wish to use algorithmic design in a BIM environment:
- New method for slab creation via nested surfaces with holes,
- Shortened response time in ARCHICAD to changes applied in Grasshopper,
- Increased stability when sending large element count to ARCHICAD,
- 50 percent faster Rhino preview.
ARCHICAD 19 Update 9001 Released
Today we have started to publicly release the last Updates of ARCHICAD, BIM Server and BIMcloud 19. The packages have already been available as a preview on our Downloads site since April and we haven’t received any regression issues with them. As of today, the Check for Updates function in ARCHICAD 19 will offer this Update 9001 for most of the language versions:
- INT, AUS, USA, UKI, NZE, GER, AUT, NED, NOR, SWE, FRA, CHE, JPN, ITA, FIN, HUN, POL
The Update will be available for the rest of the language versions as soon as they pass Quality Control.
Read the Release Notes & download the Update packages from our sites:
New version of GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2017
A new version of the GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD Connection Add-In has been released for Revit 2017.
It contains a very important IFC import improvement/new feature:
- Revit’s native IFC importer is not able to import IFC Spaces (equal to ARCHICAD Zones) having complex geometry correctly.
- The new GRAPHISOFT-developed Add-In version imports them as Revit Room elements. It also works for IFC models contain only BREP (non-parametric) elements.
This essential update gives more enhanced space sharing between ARCHICAD and Revit than the native Revit’s import functions.