System Requirements for GRAPHISOFT Products
Operating Systems for STAR(T) Edition 2014
Recommended Operating Systems
- Windows® 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows® 8 (64-bit)
- Windows® 7 (64-bit)
Note: 32-bit operating systems are not supported.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
Notes on older systems
- Windows® Vista (64-bit) is compatible, but not tested by GRAPHISOFT
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is compatible, but not tested by GRAPHISOFT.
Only case insensitive file-system volumes are supported.
Hardware for STAR(T) Edition 2014
- Processor: 64-bit processor is required. For example: Intel® Core 2 Duo and later.
- RAM: 4 GB RAM is required, 8 GB RAM or more is recommended for complex models.
- Hard Drive: 5 GB free disk space required for a full installation of STAR(T) Edition. Additional 10 GB hard disk space required per project for work with complex models and 3D visualization.
- Graphics card: OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics card with on-board memory of 256 MB is required, 512 MB or more is recommended to fully exploit hardware acceleration capabilities. You can find a list of recommended video cards at: http://graphisoft.com/videocards
- Display: Resolution of 1024 x 768 is required. Resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher is recommended.
Quick Time 7 and Java 1.7.0 or later are required. About Java you can find details here: http://www.graphisoft.com/Java
Note: STAR(T) Edition installer will automatically install Java 1.7, if they are not present on your computer.
Optional Hardware Peripherals
All major plotters, printers and digitizers can be used with STAR(T) Edition 2014.
Fast Internet access is needed to download updates for STAR(T) Edition 2014.
You will need an STAR(T) Edition 2014 WIBU-Box / CodeMeter hardware key or CodeMeter Act software protection key to start STAR(T) Edition 2014.