New BIMcloud features released with this update:
- Ability to add company logo to BIMcloud Manager's login page. To add an image, go to BIMcloud Manager's webpage > Servers > BIMcloud Manager > Settings > General Settings > Company logo. Common image formats, such as JPG and PNG are supported up to 100 KB in file size. To avoid cropping and resampling, use images with 400 pixels x 230 pixels resolution.
- Send system emails to BIMcloud users. To send a message, go to BIMcloud Manager's webpage > Users, select the users to notify and use the Send email option. In order to be able to use this feature, you will need a configured SMTP server.
- Better protection against brute force attacks by limiting failed login attempts.
- Specify target folder when duplicating an item. When you duplicate an item, such as a folder or project, you can now specify a target folder for the duplicates. The items created like this will inherit both the original permissions and their new parent's permissions.
With this Update we increased database durability of the BIM Server. On some legacy Mac based hardware, such as Mac minis with 5400 RPM hard drives this may have performance consequences. For further information, please check the regarding Help Center article.
Tested for: BIMcloud AUS, AUT, CHE, CHI, FIN, FRA, GER, INT, JPN, NED, NOR, NZE, SPA, SWE, UKI, USA
Last modified: March 9, 2017.
- These packages need to be applied on all computers that have BIMcloud products installed (BIMcloud Manager, BIMcloud Server, BIMcloud Delta cache).
- The Update process will automatically search your computer for BIMcloud products and will update all of them.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer.
- Make sure that the BIMcloud components are not modified (e.g. renamed).
- Start the full installation process being logged in as the user who installed it originally. For Mac users: make sure to mount the installation dmg while being signed in with the administrator account that you always use to install or patch GRAPHISOFT products.
- We strongly recommend that you disable any virus checker for the time of the BIMcloud installation.
- BIMcloud will be stopped automatically, during the time of updating it, projects will be suspended.
- If BIMcloud does not start immediately after installation, please restart the computer.
- On Windows Server 2008 R2 or Small Business Server 2011 you have to manually stop all BIMcloud services prior to applying the update.
- On Windows Server operating systems Windows Server Manager application must be closed prior to applying the update.
- Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs and the BIM Server*/BIMcloud have a compatible version and build number. Please make sure that you update BIM Server*/BIMcloud along with the ARCHICAD client applications used in Teamwork.
* With an ARCHICAD client application you can connect either to a GRAPHISOFT BIM Server or to a GRAPHISOFT BIMcloud Server. The current Update installer is able to update only BIMcloud. The Update for the ARCHICAD client applications and GRAPHISOFT BIM Server can be reached here.
List of Improvements in this Update
This Update is focused on speed, performance and stability enhancements and contains various fixes since the original release of BIMcloud.