Grasshopper - ARCHICAD 20 Live Connection
Update build 6022
The downloaded installer will install two extensions at once: an ARCHICAD Add-on and a Grasshopper plug-in. These two will communicate creating the connection between the two design software. For reporting errors or sending feedback, please use our ARCHICAD-Rhinoceros-Grasshopper Connection Beta site.
Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection will not update automatically with an ARCHICAD update. This Add-on is compatible ARCHICAD 20 Update build 6005.
DownloadLast modified: June 15, 2017.
Before installing this Add-On please check out the ReadMe for important technical information.
List of Improvements in this Update
- New preview option: by activating the new option, a more precise preview of ARCHICAD elements is displayed in Rhino, which also includes colors.
- New Zone Component: the Grasshopper code can now generate ARCHICAD Zone elements as well. Zones can be defined by Curve type data. Their parameters can be controlled by the new Zone Category Input Node and Zone Settings Node.
- New Door and Window Components: the position of the opening element along the host Wall’s reference line is defined by a Point input parameter.
- “Bake” generated elements in ARCHICAD: it is now possible to copy-paste Grasshopper-generated elements to keep and compare different design variations. These duplicates will no longer be associated with or affected by the Grasshopper code. (Previously it was not recommended to use copy-paste to replicate generated elements in ARCHICAD, because the next time the GH code was executed, the elements created by copy-paste were deleted.)
- Separate Morph Components for Mesh and Curve: for a cleaner workflow, Morph Component has been split into two separate components for converting Mesh type data and Curve type data into ARCHICAD Morph elements.
- Users of HumanUI add-on used to receive error messages when using Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection.
- In some cases, problems occurred when installing the Connection add-on with the latest Rhino for MAC WIP version.
- Controlling Library Part parameters via Grasshopper could result in inconsistent Library objects generated by the Grasshopper code, because the execution of the GDL parameter scripts was not initiated by the Connection add-on. (Note: Due to the different nature of Grasshopper and GDL programming, controlling several GDL parameters by Grasshopper simultaneously can still result in inconsistent parametric behavior and thus is only recommended for users with programming skills. For this reason, parameters of Library Parts are no longer available for manipulation by Grasshopper unless the necessary changes are made in the Library Part’s GDL code. For more information, see the User Manual.)
- The add-on did not send any feedback about suspended communication (while ARCHICAD is communicating with users through a dialog, it does not receive information from Grasshopper) which could be confusing in some cases. Now both the ARCHICAD and Grasshopper User Interface gives feedback about suspended communication.
- Several other minor bugs have been eliminated.
Previous Grasshopper - ARCHICAD Live Connection Downloads