ARCHICAD 11 Hotfix for Commercial, Educational and Trial license types (Build 1114)
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ARCHICAD 11 (Build 970/975). This Hotfix can be applied to any builds of ARCHICAD 11 (Build 970 and above). It also includes the fix of the critical bug found in build 1112.
Note for MAC OS X Leopard users: This Hotfix is recommended for ARCHICAD 11 on Mac OS X Leopard. However, if you have a multiple license network key, and the Wibu Key Server is running on a Leopard server, then the WIBU keyserver has to be upgraded to version 5.21. WIBU Keyserver 5.20 shipped with ARCHICAD 11 is not Leopard compatible. You can download version 5.21 from WIBU.com
Important install notes:
- Critical Bugfix #69339 adresses the problem of the slow autosave process caused by the IFC Add-On found in build 1112.
- Critical Bugfix #67738 addresses the problem that under certain circumstances ARCHICAD 11 crashes when elements are pasted in the section window.
- Note for Grid Tool users: This Hotfix includes several critical fixes for Grid Tool, including crashes caused by the Grid Tool. If you have installed Grid Tool inside the 'ARCHICAD 11/Add-Ons' folder, or any of its sub-folders, this Hotfix will also update the Grid Tool.
- The patch updates all add-ons shipped by Graphisoft, including installed goodie tools. Installer identifies add- ons by name, so in case there is a third-party add-on installed that has the same name as a Graphisoft add-on, the patch installer will fail to update ARCHICAD. Please remove any such third party add-on before installing patch.
- Important to ALL TeamWork Users - All teammates should sign out of the project and exit AC before applying the patch. All teammates should then upgrade to the same build number before signing back into the project. Problems could arise if this care is not taken.
- Download the Hotfix by clicking on the file name on the previous page.
- Exit ARCHICAD before you start the installer.
- Make sure that you have administrator rights on your computer.
- Make sure that components of your ARCHICAD installation were not renamed. The Hotfix will not reinstall missing components and will ignore components that are renamed.
- If ARCHICAD was installed in a network make sure you are connected to the same network. This is especially important for laptops.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installer. To run the installer, Java version 6 has to be installed on your computer. You can install Java version 6 from your original ARCHICAD install CD.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the installation.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- #67938 - COSMETIC: In Print Dialog Window the Paper Preview doesn't show correctly on Mac OS X Leopard.
- #67738 - CRASH: If there are sections in the file that contain markers referring to drawings, crash may occur, if: 1) copy-pasting elements into Section window. 2) If the file is closed with such a section being the active window, the file might crash ARCHICAD upon next opening.
- #61159 - CRASH: ARCHICAD may crash while moving or rotating a group of elements, including dimension text.
- #67593 - DESIGN: Under special circumstances, after editing custom profile, the profiled wall is displaced on floor plan and section.
- #67511 - DESIGN: Under special circumstances, window object behaves like a group of lines in live model section.
- #68523 - DOCUMENT: Elements (that were created by copy/pasting elements of the Detail) may disappear from Detail Window after 'Rebuild from Source View'.
- #68288 - DOCUMENT: Lines of multi-line text overlap with some special TrueType fonts.
- #68150 - DOCUMENT: Slow detail marker editing and navigator refresh when many independent views are in the project.
- #68086 - DOCUMENT: In a file that contains corrupt drawings, publishing may cause data loss (attributes and stories deleted).
- #67307 - DOCUMENT: Annotation Elements do not scale correctly in Placed Drawing on Layout.
- #67404 - EDIT: Under special circumstances, area selection fails to select some elements.
- #68711 – GDL Web Control: long waiting time after „Save as object” command.
- #66870 - GRID TOOL: Column Veneer doesn't show.
- #66749 - GRID TOOL: Dragging Grid in vertical direction in a Section does not stick - grid position is reset when Section is refreshed.
- #66746 - GRID TOOL: Unable to change grouped grid element height.
- #66722 - GRID TOOL: Grid Element Section/Elevation Custom settings are accessible even when the floor plan is the active view.
- #66721 - GRID TOOL: Newly placed Grid Elements in Section inherit other Grid elements Custom settings, instead of using the General settings.
- #63970 - GRID TOOL: When changing Grid element's layer in section, the Grid Element's layer on Floor plan does not update accordingly.
- #68193 - HOTLINKS: When a project is migrated from ARCHICAD 10 to ARCHICAD 11, in which dimensions are attached to hotlinked modules, the dimensions are lost after updating the Hotlinks.
- #69339 – I/O: Slow Autosave process caused by the IFC Add-On.
- #67864 - I/O: Hotlinked modules shift/move after the update process, if the module was transformed, then the transformation (e.g. drag, rotate) was undone and then repeated.
- #68517 - PRINT/PLOT: Gradient fills are plotted with wrong colors on Intel Mac.
- #66658 - PRINT/PLOT: Some ellipses cannot be printed/saved as image.
- Several bugs causing crashes.
- Several bugs in the IFC Add-On.