ARCHICAD 14 Hotfix (Build 3269)
for BIM Server and ARCHICAD
This Hotfix includes important fixes for bugs discovered since the original release of ARCHICAD 14 (Build 3004) and BIM Server. It applies to all (Commercial, Educational and Trial) license type.
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ARCHICAD 14 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 14 DVD)
If ARCHICAD 14 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ARCHICAD 14 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ARCHICAD 14 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server. They will be able to re-connect to the server when the Hotfix is successfully installed on both the server and the client side.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 106345 CODEMETER: CodeMeter soft license borrowing is not working on Windows 7.
- 113657 CRASH: ARCHICAD crashes if "Enable access for assistive devices" is ON.
- 112511 CRASH: ARCHICAD crashes when other applications are used.
- 102628 CRASH: caused by the handling of images on OS 10.6 in some situations.
- 112375 CRASH: Crash after unchecking the Header/Footer checkbox in the Document Options dialog.
- 113711 CRASH: Crash can occur if fonts with missing family or subfamily names are used.
- 108608 CRASH: Crash while importing old attribute files from ARCHICAD 12 or older.
- 112200 CRASH: Modifying mesh causes crash.
- 114107 CRASH: Under certain circumstances ARCHICAD can crash when editing grid element on a Section set to Manual-Update.
- 101300 CRASH: when breaking a hotlink in some circumstances.
- 101661 CRASH: when deleting a story in certain circumstances.
- 112071 DESIGN: Context Sensitive Help does not work correctly on Win 7 and on Intel Mac OS.
- 112477 DESIGN: Curtain Wall library part panel is shifted on floorplan if the Curtain wall is made shorter.
- 112909 DESIGN: CW doors are positioned incorrectly in 2D if frame is not on the scheme's gridlines.
- 106020 DESIGN: Elevation in main file does not update when hotlinked module is updated.
- 112535 DESIGN: On Mac, dragging and dropping a picture from Safari or Firefox onto 2D window causes crash.
- 111847 DESIGN: Photorendered image doesn't refresh during rendering.
- 112835 DESIGN: Zooming with Mighty Mouse has a lag.
- 111966 DOCUMENT: After linking PMK's as drawings, the back reference functionality of the marker is not usable any more.
- 114164 DOCUMENT: Associative label on section moves after saving and reopening particular file.
- 113676 DOCUMENT: crash after when zooming in and editing text.
- 111206 DOCUMENT: Door/window marker on rotated view is not rotated in saved dwg.
- 113255 DOCUMENT: drawings created from rotated floorplan are rotated incorrectly.
- 111050 DOCUMENT: if elements are moved on floor plan, then associative labels don't move with the element in the section/elevation.
- 113693 DOCUMENT: PMK with a bad fill position cannot be placed properly as a drawing.
- 113558 DOCUMENT: User-made labels move out of position after is saved and reopened.
- 113668 DOCUMENT: Wrong volume calculation in interactive schedule if calculation unit is set to cubic feet and cubic inches.
- 52863 EDIT: When one modifies the vertex position of the bottom of a double slanted wall using the Tracker input (Slant Angle), the angle changes from 90 to 0.
- 114078 EDIT: After exporting VBE file, numbers cannot be entered into some textboxes on dialogs.
- 104748 EDIT: Dragging multiple elements in section/elevation results in the same home story for each of these elements.
- 111565 EDIT: On Windows 7 with Aero turned off in 3D window, Tracker does not accept input.
- 113481 EDIT: Locked Curtain Wall can be edited.
- 113993 EDIT: In Settings Dialogs, GLOB_LAYER does not refresh in case of layer change.
- 112365 EDIT: Objects from Migration Library cannot be found in the library tree.
- 85211 EDUCATIONAL VERSION: One year educational license does not work if the Username contains accented letters.
- 113762 FILE: ARCHICAD can crash when opening certain files created in previous ARCHICAD versions.
- 106426 FILE: Cannot open some files in which Solid Operation is used between project elements and Hotlink elements.
- 111401 FILE: If the Library Part editor dialog is open, then cancelling New Project command can cause crash.
- 106106 FILE: Mod file saved by "Save Selection as Module" contains embedded objects that were not selected.
- 102489 FILE: Radial gradient fills exported to PDF have incorrect origins.
- 107444 FILE: Memory usage and file size grows at each save with particular files.
- 112914 FILE/DWG: If DWG is merged using the RGB pen matching method, then the RGB=128,128,128 color is converted to a wrong pen.
- 112459 FILE/DWG: Opening particular DWG file causes crash.
- 113754 FILE/DWG: Texts with particular fonts cause ARCHICAD 14 to freeze during DWG export.
- 104121 FILE/DWG: With particular project, fills from zone stamp are missing in exported DWG.
- 113414 FILE/3DS: bmp materials get lost when converting 3DS file to GDL.
- 113586 FILE/IFC: After merging particular IFC file into ARCHICAD project GDL error messages are displayed.
- 114264 FILE/IFC: After opening particular file, IFC_Common.apx is unavailable in the Library Loading Report.
- 114114 FILE/IFC: Error when generating custom property set with GER library parts.
- 99837 FILE/IFC: Incorrect export with "follow partial structure setting".
- 113961 FILE/IFC: Wall offset and position is changed at import of particular file.
- 111127 FILE/IFC: Walls are not recognized by AC after merging the plan to an IFC file using model filtering.
- 111172 FILE/IFC: Beam is rotated after importing Tekla model.
- 111957 FILE/IFC: Classification data gets lost with Detect IFC Model Changes.
- 112144 FILE/IFC: Detect IFC Model Changes does not recognize the change in the column profile.
- 112362 FILE/IFC: Detect IFC Model Changes does not work for IFCZIP and IFCXML formats.
- 111835 FILE/IFC: Extruded beams in IFC file shrink or disappear when importing into ARCHICAD.
- 112917 FILE/IFC: Objects move when a particular file is saved to IFC file.
- 112124 FILE/IFC: Skylight saved from 3D view is not saved in IFC.
- 111767 FILE/IFC: Some rounded beam profiles get distorted in ARCHICAD at import.
- 111714 FILE/IFC: Wrong layer intersection numbers are generated when merging a Revit Structure IFC file.
- 113232 GDL: DEFINE IMAGE_FILL command gives syntax error with string type variables.
- 111971 MEP: MEP elements become simple objects if the MEP library is deleted and then replaced on the BIM Server.
- 113485 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Crash after splitting and sending CW that is not reserved.
- 113783 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Duplicating a project in ServerManager can cause crash.
- 111815 TEAMWORK/CRASH: Faulty camera set causes crash.
- 100316 TEAMWORK: "Release All" doesn't send changes if only an embedded library part is changed.
- 113861 TEAMWORK: "Release All" with cancelled send can cause error ( "Send error: server returns error code" ).
- 103984 TEAMWORK: "Server Returns Error Code" after attaching an XREF.
- 104377 TEAMWORK: "Server returns error code" error message in some special situations.
- 112431 TEAMWORK: "Unsuccessful teamwork operation" error when changing logged-in user's password.
- 111702 TEAMWORK: 'Authentication Failed' dialog comes up too many times because of offline library.
- 103912 TEAMWORK: cannot send & receive after placing an XREF under some circumstances.
- 82034 TEAMWORK: Changes to Project Info may not register on BIM Server.
- 111208 TEAMWORK: copy/paste of master layout causes Invalid Objects, then Database Commit Error.
- 113478 TEAMWORK: Curtain Wall can be edited without reserving it.
- 113479 TEAMWORK: Curtain Wall can be labeled without reserving it.
- 112435 TEAMWORK: Dimension is misplaced after user leaves and rejoins the project.
- 104048 TEAMWORK: hotlinks with SEOs and "skip nested" files are not updated.
- 102750 TEAMWORK: Leaving a project does not release library objects reserved for script editing.
- 113813 TEAMWORK: Loading favorites on one client ARCHICAD and then doing a Send & Receive can cause Receive error.
- 113004 TEAMWORK: On the "Server Activity" tab in the BIM Server Manager, the memory usage is displayed incorrectly.
- 108192 TEAMWORK: Passwords with "&" character are invalid on BIM Servers running on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- 113995 TEAMWORK: Identically named BIM Libraries (from different servers) can confuse library manager.
- 112357 TEAMWORK: AC crashes when sharing the file as specified in Interactive Training Guide.
- 112395 TEAMWORK: Support Package cannot be created after "project has not been shared yet" message.
- 112954 TEAMWORK: Teamwork status will be offline if the user password contains national characters.
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 111567 CINEMA4D: some AC materials are transparent, after sending to AC from C4D.
- 104148 CINEMA4D: rounded objects send to C4D lose their smoothness.
- 111564 ECODESIGNER: Incorrect district cooling efficiency value.
- 112781 ECODESIGNER: The texts "Riscaldamento municipale" and "Raffrescamento municipale" do not fit in the table cells of the evaluation report.
- 111806 ECODESIGNER: Under certain circumstances, changing the percentage of a Fuel Source makes ARCHICAD crash.
- 100950 GOOGLE EARTH CONNECTION: Can't place Google Earth snapshot with version 5.1.
- 107625 GOOGLE EARTH CONNECTION: On Windows, wrong size of Add-On is displayed in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.
- 113112 VBE: In some localized versions on Mac OS the VBE dialog displays incorrect characters, which also affect the resulting VBE file.