ARCHICAD 14 Hotfix (Build 3636)
for BIM Server and ARCHICAD
This Hotfix includes fixes to numerous Teamwork anomalies besides several other bugfixes.
This Release applies to all Commercial, Educational and Trial license types.
About the installer:
the Hotfix process will automatically search your computer for instances of three applications (in this order):
- ARCHICAD 14 (including MEP Modeler, EcoDesigner, and all Graphisoft add-ons)
- GRAPHISOFT BIM Server (including the BIM Server Manager, automatically installed along with the BIM Server)
- Standalone BIM Server Manager (This refers to the standalone BIM Server Manager, a separate application which can be optionally installed from the ARCHICAD 14 DVD)
If ARCHICAD 14 and/or the standalone BIM Server Manager are found to be installed on your machine, you can choose to either update it or not.
If the BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine, it will be automatically updated if it is not up-to-date.
If ARCHICAD 14 is already up-to-date, but one of the ARCHICAD components (e.g. MEP Modeler or EcoDesigner) is not, the installer will indicate this and you can choose to update it.
Important Note for Teamwork users:
Working in Teamwork requires that client ARCHICADs, the BIM Server Manager and the BIM Server all have the identical version number (or “build number”).
If you are running a client ARCHICAD whose version number is different than that of the BIM Server, you cannot continue working in Teamwork until the same hotfix is installed for the BIM Server. (The same is true for all the other client ARCHICADs working from the same BIM Server.)
Therefore, if you decide to update either a client ARCHICAD or a BIM Server, be aware that you must update all clients and the BIM Server so that they share the identical version number.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on the computer. Make sure none of the ARCHICAD components are modified (e.g. renamed). If you are updating a BIM Server, also make sure that you are logged in as the user who installed it originally.
- When you run the hotfix package, the process will automatically search your computer for instances of the three applications listed above. For each of these applications found on your machine, you will be informed of its hotfix status (either “is up to date” or “can be updated”).
For ARCHICAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:
- If you have multiple copies of either ARCHICAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ARCHICAD / BIM Server Manager.
- If the installed ARCHICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
The update of GRAPHISOFT BIM Server works a bit differently:
- If a BIM Server is found to be installed on your machine and is out of date, it will be updated; you have no option to skip the update, unless you cancel the entire Hotfix process.
- Only one BIM Server can be installed on a machine, so there is no option to browse to a different program location than the one identified by the program.
- Just before the hotfix is launched, the Summary Panel displays information on which programs, in which locations, will be updated.
- If the program to be updated (ARCHICAD 14 or BIM Server Manager) is running on your machine, you are prompted to leave the hotfix wizard and close the program before continuing. In contrast, during the BIM Server update, the process will automatically stop your BIM Server. Once the hotfix is complete, the BIM Server will again be started up. During this interval, users working on a Teamwork project housed on that BIM Server will be offline and cannot access the server. They will be able to re-connect to the server when the Hotfix is successfully installed on both the server and the client side.
- If you want the BIM Server to start automatically with the operating system, check again the "Start BIM Server with Operating System" checkbox in the BIM Server Preferences dialog.
List of bugs fixed in this Hotfix:
- 119290 CRASH: Relinking drawing to a particular DWG file causes crash
- 118459 CRASH: When Binding Xrefs in Xref Manager
- 119131 DOCUMENT: Dimension with custom text reverts to "measured value" automatically after hotlink update
- 118065 DOCUMENT: Drawings set to Manual Update appear in the External Drawing Status Checking dialog
- 117813 DOCUMENT: External drawing update sometimes fails despite having the source file open
- 111785 DOCUMENT: If Partial Structure Display for a 3D Document is set to "Core of Load-Bearing Elements Only" after the document has been created then Load-Bearing elements are simply cut out from the 3D Document.
- 118304 DOCUMENT: In particular file Dimension Witness Line Length changes on Floor Plan after switching to Views or Layouts
- 117939 FILE: If extended composite skin numbers are used and then saved to AC 13 format then "Error while loading plan file. Module: Attributes" error message appears
- 118229 FILE: Particular file can be opened on Mac but not on PC due to illegal name of library element in the embedded library
- 118046 FILE/DWG: Dwg file cannot be saved from layout if a camera view is placed
- 117642 FILE/IFC: Geometry of some objects are incorrect after importing particular IFC file
- 116968 FILE/IFC: Some elements are misplaced after importing particular IFC file
- 118922 FILE/IFC: Subtypes of imported walls are wrong
- 115756 TEAMWORK: "Database Commit error" and "Auto Restore error" occurs at Send and Receive because of a Worksheet with an Xref
- 116357 TEAMWORK: "Receive Error" message appears after particular steps of using grid lines in elevation by different teammates
- 118873 TEAMWORK: After sharing a project on Mac users can join from Mac but not from PC
- 118617 TEAMWORK: BIM Server stops due to memory handling settings and restarting is not possible
- 118531 TEAMWORK: Even if both the project containing the layouts and the project containing the source views are open in separate instances of ARCHICAD an extra ARCHICAD instance is started for drawing update
- 118590 TEAMWORK: From two instances of ARCHICAD the one containing the drawings and layouts will be automatically closed after stopping Quick Check in the instance containing the source views
- 117638 TEAMWORK: New layers created by two different users are merged into one after both users Send and Receiving their changes
- 119499 TEAMWORK: Xref may be lost after Send and Receive
- 118746 TEAMWORK/CRASH: managing Projects in BIM Server Manager is slow, occasionally freezes
- 118879 TEAMWORK/CRASH: When placing hotlink of project containing hotlink modules with intersecting walls
- 112196 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: View with rotated orientation made layout rotate at one TW client
- 118101 TEAMWORK/MODEL: Openings are displaced after receiving from the server if their anchors are set to another story
- 114369 USER INTERFACE: On Mac the content of palettes moves if AC is used with Wacom Intuos2 Tablets
Bugs fixed in optional Graphisoft Add-Ons:
- 112610 EcoDesigner/CRASH: choosing location "BE Antwerpen" in EcoDesigner makes ARCHICAD crash
Download this Hotfix
- Windows 32-bit (all languages)
- Windows 64-bit (all languages)
- Mac (all languages except GRE language version)
- Mac (Only for GRE language version)