Graphisoft announces Graphisoft Change Manager
Allows members of a project team to easily identify, communicate and manage changes in construction document sets that have material impact on time, cost and schedule.
Budapest - Graphisoft® today announces a workflow application targeted for the needs of construction companies, subcontractors and engineers in order to help them improve their understanding of project changes while minimizing risk of errors and saving time.
"Change management is a major issue facing today's project teams", explains Clay Freeman, VP of Graphisoft Construction Solutions. "Project teams generate frequent revisions to sets of construction documents often containing hundreds or even thousands of drawing files. Identifying and responding to changes is a time-consuming process and missing a single change can have disastrous consequences."
Change Manager was originally conceived by the Graphisoft Virtual Construction™ services team. As a services organization, Graphisoft was faced with the constant challenge of having to identify changes in an accurate and timely manner through each phase of large and complex projects. This requirement is no different than that of construction companies, subcontractors, and engineers throughout the world.
Darrell Griffith, Director of Business Development, Control Air North, an HVAC Contractor in California confirms the significance of this powerful tool. "The lack of time to identify change is a real problem for us, and yet overlooking a single change can be extremely costly! After running Change Manager on one project, we found that only 30% of the changes were clouded by the architects and engineers. Without Change Manager, this would have resulted in a dramatic cost escalation and of course, a lot of wasted management hours."
Graphisoft Change Manager features include:
- Easily define document sets & analyze changes.
- Assign changed documents to project team members.
- Review changes on a document-by-document basis:
- Adjustable contrast with color-coded identification of new, deleted, and changed entities.
- Slider: overlay of new and old documents with a slider control to shift the display.
- Shift: mouse control that shifts the position of the new document relative to the old to make it easy to understand the changes.
- Cloud annotation with logging.
- Project Log: Stores the list of changed documents, action assignments, change descriptions, and action completions for each document set.
- Ignore Change – Stylistic changes such as fonts and repetitive changes such as revision numbers on title blocks can be identified once and then ignored in all future documents.
- AutoCAD® Release 14 DWG format and above.
Graphisoft Change Manager requires no training and is available in English, Japanese and German.
A fully functional version, which may be used 5 times at no charge, is available by clicking here.